$29 only today Waves Codex Wavetable Synth

Discuss VST stuff here!

PhutureD

15 Jun 2017

very difficult install but eventually got it to work. So much red tape when installing waves and ilok products, very very annoying
copy protection. But worth the $29 price tag. if anyone is going to get this , i suggest doing an offline install from a usb. For me
and many other , installing online fails each time, and even if u make it past that, it may not show up at all. Just glad i didnt lose my mind over this one.

http://www.waves.com/plugins/codex#code ... h-tutorial

Noise
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2017

Just bought this one for 24.89€ (Audiodeluxe Deal, saved me 4€, for a good coffee, or two... ).
Anyway, had to install the Waves Central and download it, no problems there. The only hiccup is that waves plugins resides in the "c:\program files(x86)\Waves", so you have to point your Reason VST folder there. Nice sounds, low cpu. Time to hunt for some Preset Packs.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

davidvilla

15 Jun 2017

For $21.90, this is a no-brainer for the "that rack extension is too expensive" crowd, which seems to be the majority around here.

Expanse is still $149, by the way. :puf_wink:
Serum is $189.

shropshirelad

16 Jun 2017

Picked this up last night and had some fun going through the presets this morning. Sounds fantastic and an absolute bargain at £20.

EnochLight

16 Jun 2017

It's very tempting at just $29 USD, but... I already own Serum and Expanse. At this point, I really don't think I need yet another wavetable synth. Still, very tempting.

For those who have bought it, can you confirm: is it possible to browse patches by using the up/down arrows of your QWERTY keyboard?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joel

16 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:It's very tempting at just $29 USD, but... I already own Serum and Expanse. At this point, I really don't think I need yet another wavetable synth. Still, very tempting.

For those who have bought it, can you confirm: is it possible to browse patches by using the up/down arrows of your QWERTY keyboard?
yes but by the left-right arrows of my azerty keyboard

scratchnsnifff

16 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:It's very tempting at just $29 USD, but... I already own Serum and Expanse. At this point, I really don't think I need yet another wavetable synth. Still, very tempting.

Also online in that pack of 1500 serum wavetables there are the codex wavetables :)
I ended up getting it for an extra source of presets
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

EnochLight

16 Jun 2017

joel wrote:

Cool; thanks!
scratchnsnifff wrote:Also online in that pack of 1500 serum wavetables there are the codex wavetables :)
For use in Expanse?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

davidvilla

16 Jun 2017

So you can still get this at audio deluxe for $21.90.

TONS of presets - but overall, they make Codex sound very thin and - I'm not sure I want to use the word "cheap" - but that's what comes to mind. Kind of reminds me of a Reason synth. But I'll use it for those 'in-between' sounds I think...

Authorization and installation was a breeze.

fieldframe
RE Developer

16 Jun 2017

davidvilla wrote:So you can still get this at audio deluxe for $21.90.

TONS of presets - but overall, they make Codex sound very thin and - I'm not sure I want to use the word "cheap" - but that's what comes to mind. Kind of reminds me of a Reason synth. But I'll use it for those 'in-between' sounds I think...

Authorization and installation was a breeze.
Is there a coupon code for that? Shows up as $29 for me.

davidvilla

16 Jun 2017

In the cart it will be $24.
Use coupon DK39S and now it's $21.90.

joel

16 Jun 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
16 Jun 2017

Also online in that pack of 1500 serum wavetables there are the codex wavetables :)
online where ?
can give the link ?
i did'nt found at waves site

EnochLight

16 Jun 2017

davidvilla wrote:
16 Jun 2017
In the cart it will be $24.
Use coupon DK39S and now it's $21.90.
Goddammit. I'm such an impulse buyer. Just bought. :D :lol:

KIKBAK1

17 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:
16 Jun 2017

Goddammit. I'm such an impulse buyer. Just bought. :D :lol:
I bought it too. I also own expanse
KIKBAK1.com

EnochLight

17 Jun 2017

joel wrote:
16 Jun 2017

You can actually browse back and forth?? For me, regardless of whether or not I click the up or down arrow or right or left arrow on my keyboard, Codex only allows you to advance one direction through the patches - whichever direction you last clicked on Codex patch browse arrows. It's like it gets stuck - I can't go in the other direction. :( :x

I mean, I guess for $21 I can't be too disappointed, but it makes auditioning patches a total pain in the ass. Ugh...

Fair warning to anyone else considering buying this...

Goriila Texas

17 Jun 2017

Went ahead and got it too,can't beat the price.

gak

18 Jun 2017

That and the other waves synth are dreamy. Now, Codex was REALLY high on the CPU for me. Interested to hear what people think about that in reason.

Heater

18 Jun 2017

I bought it too. £17. Amazing.

stratatonic

18 Jun 2017

Heater wrote:
18 Jun 2017
What the heck happened - from the last line here?
viewtopic.php?p=335999#p335999

davidvilla

18 Jun 2017

FYI - this "one day" sale is still going on 3 days later. :|

EnochLight

18 Jun 2017

stratatonic wrote:
18 Jun 2017
Heater wrote:
18 Jun 2017
LOL!

Lizard

18 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:
17 Jun 2017
You can actually browse back and forth?? For me, regardless of whether or not I click the up or down arrow or right or left arrow on my keyboard, Codex only allows you to advance one direction through the patches - whichever direction you last clicked on Codex patch browse arrows. It's like it gets stuck - I can't go in the other direction. :( :x

I mean, I guess for $21 I can't be too disappointed, but it makes auditioning patches a total pain in the ass. Ugh...

As I know you are a Panorama user the CODEX plugin will allow you to map that control to a MIDI CC number by using the learn function by right clicking on the BACK/FORWARD control. For me I'd use the the bottom left two pads on the controller. It's a dirt way to do it but does work as you would expect with the added bonus of having a short audio demonstration of the sound at CC36. ;)

** LOL! On second thought bad idea! Every time you play a low C it'll change the patch.

Heater

18 Jun 2017

stratatonic wrote:
18 Jun 2017
Heater wrote:
18 Jun 2017

I couldn't resist. Not at that price. :lol:

EnochLight

19 Jun 2017

Lizard wrote:
18 Jun 2017
EnochLight wrote:
17 Jun 2017

As I know you are a Panorama user the CODEX plugin will allow you to map that control to a MIDI CC number by using the learn function by right clicking on the BACK/FORWARD control. For me I'd use the the bottom left two pads on the controller. It's a dirt way to do it but does work as you would expect with the added bonus of having a short audio demonstration of the sound at CC36. ;)

** LOL! On second thought bad idea! Every time you play a low C it'll change the patch.
LOL yeah, that doesn't work well for me either. :D Even if I could map CODEX's patch change buttons to my Panorama's actual patch change buttons, it's a pain. I prefer to use my QWERTY arrows since it's always closer to me, no matter what. It's just faster. Ah well, like I said - for the price it's hard to complain. If I had dropped full price on this (which, seriously - does anyone these days?) I would have been furious.

• Information