Best Organ VST?

Discuss VST stuff here!
skie

06 Jun 2017

Hello, I think I've exhausted Abby Roads and Electro Mechanical Keys for Organs and am looking for the best VST for retro organs, that covers everything from gospel to fuzz guitar rock. Maybe there is a rack extension that is better than any VST? I'm new to VSTs. Thanks!

jfrichards

06 Jun 2017

Trial Revival rack extension. It's now available as a VST that looks cooler but they removed the audio-in for the guitar amps in the VST.
Last edited by jfrichards on 07 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

QVprod

06 Jun 2017

I play organ at gospel style churches. Acoustic Samples B5 is one of the best I've heard. I own Vintage Organs for Kontakt which is ok.

skie

06 Jun 2017

Woah that's crazy! Definitely will check it out. Just also realized I can use the neo-soul keys VST (which is on version 4 now)....thanks!

QVprod

06 Jun 2017

skie wrote:Woah that's crazy! Definitely will check it out. Just also realized I can use the neo-soul keys VST (which is on version 4 now)....thanks!
Actually the newest is Neo Soul Keys Studio. It's an actual plugin now. No more Kontakt or UVI player. Finally upgraded from the refill a few weeks back.

turbopage
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2017

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
Music Will Save Us

Gardinski

11 Jun 2017

You really ought to check out Jiggery Pokery's rack extensions. There are 5 or 6 organs in the range, and they're a bargain at £29/$29 each. His Combo B3T is a superb Hammond emulation, but my personal favourite is the Combo 310 Unique. It's a thing of beauty, and I guarantee it will blow your socks off. All his gear is very user-friendly and intuitive. (Space Organ is fun, in an incredibly cheesy kind of way.)

But as JFRichards said, Revival is great too, and very versatile, although it's a lot trickier to get used to than Jiggery-Pokery's stuff, and programming it can be a challenge. It goes beyond pure organ territory and into weird quasi-additive synth mode. (But you could quite happily use it as a sort of Hammond 'with optional extras', if you wish.)

SA Studio

12 Jun 2017

I wouldn't get hired to lay organ tracks without this thing - VB3 : http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24

No way, no how. The people I work with think I'm a solid keyboard player cuz of that thing :lol: I'm not even kidding. I had the Native Instruments one but got rid of it after using VB3.

In my very solid opinion, no other Organ VST comes close to that plug in. Revival is a nice 3-voice synthesizer, but it is not in the same league or ballpark, remotely, as GSi's VB3.
Last edited by SA Studio on 12 Jun 2017, edited 3 times in total.

SA Studio

12 Jun 2017

turbopage wrote:http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes! The developer's a genius. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

SA Studio

12 Jun 2017

QVprod wrote:I play organ at gospel style churches. Acoustic Samples B5 is one of the best I've heard. I own Vintage Organs for Kontakt which is ok.
Ok, wow! I like turning other "real" keyboard players (not a hack like me :P) that I know on-to VB3 and see what they think. If you haven't tried VB3, give it a whirl and tell me what ya think :thumbs_up: :puf_smile:

QVprod

12 Jun 2017

SA Studio wrote:
QVprod wrote:I play organ at gospel style churches. Acoustic Samples B5 is one of the best I've heard. I own Vintage Organs for Kontakt which is ok.
Ok, wow! I like turning other "real" keyboard players (not a hack like me :P) that I know on-to VB3 and see what they think. If you haven't tried VB3, give it a whirl and tell me what ya think :thumbs_up: :puf_smile:
I'm familiar with VB3. It's good too. Some Gospel guys called it the best for a few years before Mainstage 3 came out with a new organ. 32 bit only though on mac and their site says there may be incompatibilities with OSX 10.9 and later. I personally don't like using bridges.

shropshirelad

13 Jun 2017

VB3 is great if I remember - I own it but the dev won't update the Mac version to 64bit. :(

• Information