Annoying Installers (izotope)

Discuss VST stuff here!
jonheal

10 Jun 2017

So I have my fresh new PC, and I am still in the anal stage of wanting to not junk it up with ... whatever. I don't own a lot of VSTs, but I have a few. The Native Instruments stuff I have is nice. I also own a few minor izotope items, one of which is Vinyl. I wondered if I should install it or not bother, but I did anyway. Turns out it's pretty lame. So I went to uninstall it. Well, izotope built the Windows installer in a non-standard way so that it doesn't appear in the Apps control panel. Furthermore, once you find the uninstaller and run it, it leaves a lot of remnant izotope junk behind. Annoying. To keep the new machine squeaky clean, I must now rifle through the registry.

Irksome.

Yes, I probably have a mental problem, if this is the sort of stuff that upsets me given the general state of the World.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

joeyluck

10 Jun 2017

Interesting. I'm on Mac and the iZotope stuff is actually the more easy to install and uninstall. But not only that, registering/authorizing is a breeze. While the Native Instruments stuff was a huge pain.

No uninstaller on Mac for Native Instruments. Instead they give you a list of locations where stuff is installed :puf_unhappy:
On the bright side, at least they give that? But it's quite a pain
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... X-Computer

Here's the How-to for unistalling on Windows if that's of any help:
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... s-Computer

That said, I have purchased RX 6 from iZotope and am happy with the installation and registration process.

jonheal

11 Jun 2017

I just installed Ohm Force's free version of Symptohm: Melohman (with the psycho interface). No proper installer/uninstaller there, either, but at least it's an interesting device. maybe I'll get the real version someday.

... except none of its parameters respond to the button to set a remote control. :(
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

• Information