hide unused vst's from your fx browser

Discuss VST stuff here!
limbophonic

08 Jun 2017

Ok go to Reason window tab and looking down the list you will see vst manager, open it, and it shows all the vst's that reason has scanned, plus their current status ..enabled/or disabled/unable to load/crashed.
so if you have some vst's you don't use just click on it and click disable, then next time reason lunches that vst will no longer show in your Fx browser.

VIVIsect

08 Jun 2017

Thanks for the tip.I hadn't noticed the plugin manager.

Speaking of managing plugins, does anyone know if there's a way to change the folder names in Reason's browser, or move VSTs from one folder to another? I have some plugins from the same company that Reason has put in separate folders with slight variations of the company name. For example, I have one folder called "TAL - Togu Audio Line" and another called "TAL-Togu Audio Line". Kinda messy.

NekujaK

08 Jun 2017

VIVIsect wrote:Thanks for the tip.I hadn't noticed the plugin manager.

Speaking of managing plugins, does anyone know if there's a way to change the folder names in Reason's browser, or move VSTs from one folder to another? I have some plugins from the same company that Reason has put in separate folders with slight variations of the company name. For example, I have one folder called "TAL - Togu Audio Line" and another called "TAL-Togu Audio Line". Kinda messy.
As far as I know, there isn't a way to alter how Reason displays VSTs (and REs).

One of my most requested features has been to let users freely arrange how REs are grouped and displayed. Now that VSTs have been added to the mix, the necessesity for this is even more urgent. We shouldn't be forced to browse through a long list of plugins that are sorted by manufacturer. In most cases I don't care who the manufacturer is. I would much rather create my own groupings that mean something useful to me.

Anyway, hopefully Reason 10 beings us a configurable plugin browser...
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

AttenuationHz

08 Jun 2017

There really ought to be another couple of buttons on that management window Rescan and open plug-in folder.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Exowildebeest

08 Jun 2017

NekujaK wrote:

As far as I know, there isn't a way to alter how Reason displays VSTs (and REs).

One of my most requested features has been to let users freely arrange how REs are grouped and displayed. Now that VSTs have been added to the mix, the necessesity for this is even more urgent. We shouldn't be forced to browse through a long list of plugins that are sorted by manufacturer. In most cases I don't care who the manufacturer is. I would much rather create my own groupings that mean something useful to me.

I agree. That would be a great quality-of-life improvement for Reason 10. Having a right click submenu that's organized completely to my likings, with custom categories. I'd imagine having "Reverb", "Distortion", "FM Synths", "Shitty Things I Rarely Use But Might Need At Some Point" etc.

AttenuationHz

08 Jun 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:
NekujaK wrote:

I agree. That would be a great quality-of-life improvement for Reason 10. Having a right click submenu that's organized completely to my likings, with custom categories. I'd imagine having "Reverb", "Distortion", "FM Synths", "Shitty Things I Rarely Use But Might Need At Some Point" etc.
Fuck that 9.5.2 :roll:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information