Elektron Overbdrige (AR) / u-he Diva

Discuss VST stuff here!
Sunsiare

30 May 2017

Today was a very exciting day because I finally had the opportunity to install and try VSTs into reason, so far so good. Haven't really tried to the max but I feel likes VST are taking up a little more processing power than RE. I hope it is just matter of optimisation because some VSTs such as u-he Diva is barely usable (it takes 90% of the DSP alone, with a lot of crackings on a brand new i5 4.2ghz / 32Gb ram).

I'm right now trying to get my Analog Rytm working with Overbdrige but so far no luck, the midi and some signal are there but I couldn't get the multi-track like I can get on Ableton.

Has someone tried Overbridge on 9.5 so far?

Thanks,

satyr32

31 May 2017

overbridge works perfectly fine for me with analog rytm.
what is the problem, maybe i can help out?

make sure the buffer size are the same on the VST as on Reason settings.
If you select the individual outs on the overbridge control setting you should get the 8 seperate voices.
(actually you get 7 sepereate voices and 1 voice you get through the L/R Main Out)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Sunsiare

31 May 2017

Hello,

Yes I have configured the Overbridge Panel, it works fine in Ableton but I can't get anything into reason. Overbridge VST launches and seems to work properly as the machine is being connected but then I get no sound, when I create an audio track, I only have all the INs from my audio interface but none of the AR.

How did you manage to get all that working?

VIVIsect

31 May 2017

Are you enabling the DIVA's multi-core function? That should get you significantly better performance.

aeox
Competition Winner

31 May 2017

VIVIsect wrote:Are you enabling the DIVA's multi-core function? That should get you significantly better performance.
it makes it worse unless you have the mutlicore setting turned off in the Reason preferences. so it's best to just turn mutlicore audio rendering on in Reason preferences and keep it turned off in Diva

Sunsiare

01 Jun 2017

VIVIsect wrote:Are you enabling the DIVA's multi-core function? That should get you significantly better performance.
As Aeox said, the multicore core option must be left unchecked because it makes things worse indeed. I can actually use Diva with VST but I need to figure out what to do with it very early in te project (and not when Reasons + RE already takes 70% of the DSP) and use the freeze as much as possible.

satyr32

01 Jun 2017

Sunsiare wrote:Hello,

Yes I have configured the Overbridge Panel, it works fine in Ableton but I can't get anything into reason. Overbridge VST launches and seems to work properly as the machine is being connected but then I get no sound, when I create an audio track, I only have all the INs from my audio interface but none of the AR.

How did you manage to get all that working?
I am not sure what you mean by creating an audio track, you do not need to, because you need to create mix channels and route each individual output on the back of the VST device to a seperate mix channel. but i guess you already did that?
also in the VST click on the settings icon and set the buffer size to the same as the Reason buffer setting.

Sunsiare

01 Jun 2017

satyr32 wrote: I am not sure what you mean by creating an audio track, you do not need to, because you need to create mix channels and route each individual output on the back of the VST device to a seperate mix channel. but i guess you already did that?
also in the VST click on the settings icon and set the buffer size to the same as the Reason buffer setting.
GOD NO I DIDN'T :oops: I just noticed the multiple audio out when you expand the CV stuff. I thought it would be like in Ableton when the AR's Outs would appears along with the audio interface's one.

This is fantastic and so far it works really well :shock:

Thank you a LOT for your help.

Sunsiare

04 Jun 2017

satyr32 wrote:I am not sure what you mean by creating an audio track, you do not need to, because you need to create mix channels and route each individual output on the back of the VST device to a seperate mix channel. but i guess you already did that?
I noticed that there are only 7 stereo out on the back of the Reason's VST panel, have you found a way to two more for the CY/CB? I noticed that you could change each out but apparently not from the AR themselves. Also, once you've linked to a mixer channel, how do you records the audio in the Sequencer?

Thanks!

satyr32

05 Jun 2017

Sunsiare wrote:
satyr32 wrote:I am not sure what you mean by creating an audio track, you do not need to, because you need to create mix channels and route each individual output on the back of the VST device to a seperate mix channel. but i guess you already did that?
I noticed that there are only 7 stereo out on the back of the Reason's VST panel, have you found a way to two more for the CY/CB? I noticed that you could change each out but apparently not from the AR themselves. Also, once you've linked to a mixer channel, how do you records the audio in the Sequencer?

Thanks!
Yep, there is a workaround. CY/CB you have to route to the main out and mute all other chanels for the main out. It is done like this: In the VST go to the tab "KIT" (the tab which is the most left) and then you see down on the left side "VOICE ROUTING" deacticate global setting and then deactivate all except 11 & 12. (you also can do the routing directly on your RYTM if you want to). CY/CB goes now out the Main L/R Output on the VST.

Recording: On your mix channel you have a small button "REC SOURCE". Activate it. Now if you create an audio track, you can now choose the mix channel you want to record at the drop down menu where it says "Audio input". So for every mix chanmel you need an audio channel.

Sunsiare

07 Jun 2017

Yep, there is a workaround
Fabulous, thanks a lot. It didn't work at first but then I realised that I needed to go into Overbridge to deactivate CY/CB and re-active Main-L.
So for every mix chanmel you need an audio channel
That's absolutely not handy at all :( I need to find new solution to work with it then.

Thanks again,

satyr32

08 Jun 2017

Sunsiare wrote:
So for every mix chanmel you need an audio channel
That's absolutely not handy at all :( I need to find new solution to work with it then.

Thanks again,
Hmm...but that is not Overbridges fault. That is how recording in Reason works. Maybe you get used to it. :)

• Information