Reason has the best architecture for Maschine

Discuss VST stuff here!
done84

07 Jun 2017

QVprod wrote:
done84 wrote:Maschine is not meant to send MIDI wile in controller mode.
For now i record on Maschine and get the pattern recorded inside it, then move it to the Reason Rack if i want to edit it there.
If you want to record directly inside Reason's sequencer you using the pads you need to set Maschine hardware in Generic MIDI Mode
WOW. Where did i say that? This forum doesn't have a go-to-post button, annoying.
I totally messed up on that one, not sure what the context was.
samfreeman wrote:So, i've got 9.5 up and running. I'm opening up Maschine as a VST and selected a kit, so all of the sounds are loaded up. The sounds are all audible when I hit the relevant pads on the Maschine hardware but nothing is registering in the sequencer when I hit record in Reason?

What I want is to record drums, bass, etc. from the Maschine VST directly to the Reason sequencer (as midi notes as opposed to audio). Then I'd like to use the Reason sequencer to arrange the whole song.

How do I go about doing this?
[/quote]

You can record MIDI into Maschine and click and drag the midi info to Reason's sequencer... but for now its not really an option if you want that MIDI data to trigger/control Maschine with more than one Group inside Maschine.

With other DAW's you can record what you play on Maschine even when not in MIDI Controller Mode by using MIDI track's and Routing that Maschine Sound or Group to that MIDI track, and then that track back to Maschine. The problem with Reason is altho it now has VST support it doesn't have MIDI Channels, big deal breaker. I guess they will probably add that soon.

Without MIDI tracks with different MIDI channels to select from you can not direct MIDI-OUT from Maschine to a MIDI-IN Reason. You might be able to achieve it with a work around but the problem is you will need to use one Maschine Instance per Sound/Group wich is terrible for Maschine usage, aswell as any multi instrument VST viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7501201&p=333061#p333061

When Multi Channel selection comes we will be able to fully use Maschine and record MIDI DATA to Reaons sequencer for a Seemless integration like i done in Cubase in the 20 second video:

As you can see i am pressing the pads and midi is being record in Cubase and when i play it back it goes thru Maschine.
In this setup i have multiple MIDI tracks in Cubase controlling different Maschine groups and sounds, and also multiple separated Cubase Audio tracks receiving Audio from Maschine, currently this is impossible to do in Reason 9.5 :thumbs_down: :evil:
Last edited by done84 on 07 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.

QVprod

07 Jun 2017

done84 wrote:
QVprod wrote:
done84 wrote:Maschine is not meant to send MIDI wile in controller mode.
For now i record on Maschine and get the pattern recorded inside it, then move it to the Reason Rack if i want to edit it there.
If you want to record directly inside Reason's sequencer you using the pads you need to set Maschine hardware in Generic MIDI Mode
WOW. Where did i say that? This forum doesn't have a go-to-post button, annoying.
I totally messed up on that one, not sure what the context was.
Beta forum. Quoted you for the sake of another user.

done84

08 Jun 2017

QVprod wrote: Beta forum. Quoted you for the sake of another user.
Omg i must had been drunk that day, that makes no sense. Ill try to find it and edit it.

Putting Maschine "MIDI Mode" totally allows for midi data to be recorded into Reason sequencer since it behaves like a general MIDI controller and stops controlling the Maschine software, this is meant to control Reasons own instruments not Maschine ones.

done84

08 Jun 2017

samfreeman wrote:So, if I was to drag and drop midi data from the Maschine VST in to the Reason sequencer and then hit play, would it trigger the Maschine sounds and then allow me to arrange the track within the Reason sequencer?
You can move the midi clip to the Maschine Rack then delete the ID8. But the main problem still persists, theres no way to create more midi lanes and have each midi lane control a different Maschine Group.

• Information