Xfer Records Serum
4%
Zvork Oberon
1%

Total votes: 79
Creativemind

03 Jun 2017

Hi All!

Just thought I'd create a friendly VST / Re poll just for fun.

I know there's a lot to choose from and narrowing it down to 20 could be difficult. I had to leave out Audio Realism Redominator, Native Instruments FM8, Roland Jupiter 8, Oberheim OP-X, TAL Noisemaker, Kilohearts Khs One, U-He Diva, Steinberg Padshop, Propellerhead Malstrom and the PX7, Rob Papen Predator, Synapse Antidote, Novation Bass Station and some other Korg and Arturia ones and I'm sure I forgot a few.

What are your top 3 go to synths VST or Re?

You can choose 3 obviously.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

03 Jun 2017

Yeah it's tough. Unfortunately the polls here aren't very accommodating.

I do like Facebook polls. Since there is no limit on options and users can add options when they vote. Then other users can choose from those new options when voting...or create their own.

I think if you really want to gauge ReasonTalk users' absolute go-to soft synth, you could create a poll on Facebook (or somewhere that offers more flexibility in polling) and then link it here?

And maybe a different polling system is something we can offer in the future? :puf_smile:

robthompson

03 Jun 2017

It's a bit difficult, because like most of you, I need different synths for different tasks. That means I have my go-to bass synth, my go-to lead/pad/poly/texture synth; you get the picture.

I do cinematic/underscore/classical stuff, so I use presets an awful lot. I guess for that reason, and for sheer breadth of scope, my synth of choice is Omnisphere. I don't run out of patches and I don't get bored. The only danger is being swamped and overawed by the sheer amount of stuff on offer.

It is my go-to synth for inspiration!

Oquasec

03 Jun 2017

Reason period.
Spectrasonics omnisphere [Just that one]
UHE ZEBRA also, not on the poll. :puf_wink:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

dtaki

03 Jun 2017

1) Omnisphere (with Keyscape)
2) Thor
3) Native Instruments FM8 - not on the list, so...
4) Korg M1

aeox
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2017

Nexus and Omnisphere are not synths, they are Romplers ;]

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2017

Legend is probably the one I've used most consistently since I bought it.

Other that looking back at my tracks over the last year: Megasaur, Snakebite, Parsec, Red70, sometimes Zero.
I'm sure FM4 and Expanse will get used a lot more though looking forward. I just haven't had the time to use them as much as some of my older synths.

Creativemind

03 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:Nexus and Omnisphere are not synths, they are Romplers ;]
Oh yeah you're right but Sampler, Synth, Rompler should've been the title :puf_wink:

Creativemind

03 Jun 2017

joeyluck wrote:Yeah it's tough. Unfortunately the polls here aren't very accommodating.

I do like Facebook polls. Since there is no limit on options and users can add options when they vote. Then other users can choose from those new options when voting...or create their own.

I think if you really want to gauge ReasonTalk users' absolute go-to soft synth, you could create a poll on Facebook (or somewhere that offers more flexibility in polling) and then link it here?

And maybe a different polling system is something we can offer in the future? :puf_smile:
Yeah good idea. I would've liked to have added an extra 12 more.

chk071

03 Jun 2017

Waldorf Largo and Reveal-Sound Spire are my go-to synths. I also chose Sylenth1 in the poll though, because i also use that one frequently, and Largo wasn't in the poll. :(
:reason: :rebirth:

Creativemind

03 Jun 2017

chk071 wrote:Waldorf Largo and Reveal-Sound Spire are my go-to synths. I also chose Sylenth1 in the poll though, because i also use that one frequently, and Largo wasn't in the poll. :(
Not heard of Waldorf Largo, looks nice.

I should've pointed out Reveal Sound Spire also includes ReSpire.

arqui

03 Jun 2017

Predator Re (Unfair not on the list)
Parsec 2
Antidote (Unfair not on the list)
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

davidvilla

04 Jun 2017

Rolled my eyes SO hard.

If you've spent any considerable time with Omnisphere, you would realize it IS a synth.

Now Nexus on the other hand...

Oquasec

04 Jun 2017

People are sleeping on omnisphere so hard lmao. It's really good, it's like hooking a thor up to an nnxt in a combinator.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

aeox
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2017

davidvilla wrote:
Rolled my eyes SO hard.

If you've spent any considerable time with Omnisphere, you would realize it IS a synth.

Now Nexus on the other hand...
never used either of them. i guess i just assumed it was a rompler because of it's file size. i watched a view videos and all i saw was people browsing through presets.

it seems like it's sort of a rompler/synth hybrid that is mostly just used for the presets.

MDTerps2015

04 Jun 2017

You forgot Hybrid, Hybrid is one of the best soft synths. HYBRID>
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

davidvilla

04 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
never used either of them. i guess i just assumed it was a rompler because of it's file size. i watched a view videos and all i saw was people browsing through presets.

it seems like it's sort of a rompler/synth hybrid that is mostly just used for the presets.
Nothin' wrong with using presets : )

It has over 7000 presets so yeah, you almost forget you can create your own patches (using the almost 5000 sound sources!!). Omnisphere is RIDICULOUS. And I love it.

CephaloPod

04 Jun 2017

Oquasec wrote:People are sleeping on omnisphere so hard lmao. It's really good, it's like hooking a thor up to an nnxt in a combinator.

Then add a granulator, great patch browser, and up to 8 layers.
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

aeox
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2017

davidvilla wrote:
aeox wrote:

Nothin' wrong with using presets : )

It has over 7000 presets so yeah, you almost forget you can create your own patches (using the almost 5000 sound sources!!). Omnisphere is RIDICULOUS. And I love it.
you can see why it confused me then. :D maybe one of these days if i ever have enough free storage space i'll pick it up!

Oquasec wrote:People are sleeping on omnisphere so hard lmao. It's really good, it's like hooking a thor up to an nnxt in a combinator.
i think it's one of the most used instruments on the market right now, hardly being slept on ;)

davidvilla

04 Jun 2017

Lol, it seems like a lot of people HERE in THIS world are the only ones sleeping on Omnisphere. So to those I say, yes please, you don't need Omnisphere, stick with Thor lol.

P.S> I luv Thor (and sarcasm)

FLVZ

04 Jun 2017

1) Blamsoft VK2
2) Korg Mono/Poly
3) RP Predator
4) Px7

only just got eXpanse & Mixfood orange but I feel like those 2 would complete the sextuplet of staple synths.

VIVIsect

04 Jun 2017

Just give me Omnisphere and Zebra and I'm happy.

scratchnsnifff

05 Jun 2017

The amount of sounds serum can make is nuts! Expanse still has been my workhorse though, it's not an option but synthmaster 1 and 2 have also been climbing to the top of my workflow, they are decent on CPU and have many sound shaping options :) so far I'm loving the new toys
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

pLv2

05 Jun 2017

My current top 3.

U-he Diva
Blamsoft VK-2
Synapse Antidote

Audiorealism ABL3 gets an honorable mention. I've been using it in my recent tracks and will continue to use it.

jdotp

05 Jun 2017

Sylenth1
Serum
Spire
ElectraX

The first three have basically a billion presets out there. Serum sometimes freezes me up a bit, and seems to chew through more horsepower, but god the sounds it can make... I usually use Sylenth for a lead/melody, Serum for bass, Spire for either atmosphere or pad, and Electra for melody or whatever I need to top the awful song I've just created. :)
--------
JP
No rhythm, can't carry a tune.

• Information