Reasonistas VST Combinator Backdrops

Discuss VST stuff here!
Puckboy2000

26 May 2017

This may be a dumb question, but how do you add a skin to the combinator? Thanks
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Reasonistas
RE Developer

26 May 2017

Puckboy2000 wrote:This may be a dumb question, but how do you add a skin to the combinator? Thanks
https://ask.audio/articles/creating-bac ... -photoshop
You’ll find this feature by Control-Clicking on the Combinator interface. At the bottom of the list you’ll see Select Backdrop.

ImageImageImage

madreel

26 May 2017

Gotta have a MPC Renaissance Backdrop.

madreel

26 May 2017

Mpc renaissance Backdrop

Puckboy2000

26 May 2017

Noel G. wrote:
Puckboy2000 wrote:This may be a dumb question, but how do you add a skin to the combinator? Thanks
https://ask.audio/articles/creating-bac ... -photoshop
You’ll find this feature by Control-Clicking on the Combinator interface. At the bottom of the list you’ll see Select Backdrop.

Thank You :thumbs_up:
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 May 2017

This is a really nice idea! I would just leave out non-functional controls like the tab buttons on Massive, though.

Creativemind

29 May 2017

Some of these backdrops are amazing! nice work.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Reasonistas
RE Developer

29 May 2017

fieldframe wrote:This is a really nice idea! I would just leave out non-functional controls like the tab buttons on Massive, though.
Thanks. Those intentionally get covered by Combinator's patch browser. I only put them there for artistic expression.
ImageImageImage

Reasonistas
RE Developer

29 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:Some of these backdrops are amazing! nice work.
Thanks. Glad you like them.
ImageImageImage

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 May 2017

esselfortium wrote:Nice, though the previews are a bit misleading since the custom knobs and buttons will be overwritten with the stock combinator ones.

(Still wishing we could properly skin the combinator!)
This has probably been suggested before, but it would be awesome if Propellerhead supported using the RE SDK to make custom Combinator front-ends.

esselfortium

29 May 2017

fieldframe wrote:
esselfortium wrote:Nice, though the previews are a bit misleading since the custom knobs and buttons will be overwritten with the stock combinator ones.

(Still wishing we could properly skin the combinator!)
This has probably been suggested before, but it would be awesome if Propellerhead supported using the RE SDK to make custom Combinator front-ends.
Ooh, that would be fantastic actually!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

spikey

30 May 2017

Not dumb and thanks for asking!

SynapseAudio
RE Developer

30 May 2017

Since we've already made backdrops, here they are for those interested:
http://www.synapse-audio.com/public/Syn ... Colors.zip

Less work for Noel ;)

The backdrops come in the various skin colors available. Example for the default skin:

Richard

EnochLight

01 Jun 2017

SynapseAudio wrote:Since we've already made backdrops, here they are for those interested:

Less work for Noel ;)

The backdrops come in the various skin colors available. Example for the default skin:

Richard
Hey Richard! Unrelated to this thread but thought I'd ask - it's been a year and 1/2 since Dune 2.5 came out. Are there any plans for a Dune update anytime this year? Love that synth!

Cheers
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

scratchnsnifff

03 Jun 2017

is there a synth master one and two combinator skin :) ???
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Maxsu

04 Jun 2017

Noel G. wrote:I'm developing a free series of VST Combinator backdrop for Reason 9.5. This way you can quickly see which VST the Combinator is housing via the new Reason 9.5 plugin device. Any special requests? Either comment below or add and vote your favorite VSTs in the following poll on
Very good work! I like it. This are the things who are coming unexpected with the 9.5 release. Really cool Idea :)

keep it up

cheers

SynapseAudio
RE Developer

04 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:Hey Richard! Unrelated to this thread but thought I'd ask - it's been a year and 1/2 since Dune 2.5 came out. Are there any plans for a Dune update anytime this year? Love that synth!

Cheers
At some point DUNE 3, though I cannot say when yet, it's a big project :) If we update DUNE 2 it will probably be a maintenance update.

Richard

EnochLight

04 Jun 2017

SynapseAudio wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Hey Richard! Unrelated to this thread but thought I'd ask - it's been a year and 1/2 since Dune 2.5 came out. Are there any plans for a Dune update anytime this year? Love that synth!

Cheers
At some point DUNE 3, though I cannot say when yet, it's a big project :)
Fantastic news! And let me mention - having Dune 2 in Reason is simply awesome. One of my favorite synths and easily up there with Serum, Spire and VPS Avenger!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Kalm

04 Jun 2017

These are GREAT, the Serum looks :shock: :shock: :shock: , Only other one I ask about is Izotope Iris 2
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Reasonistas
RE Developer

04 Jun 2017

SynapseAudio wrote:Since we've already made backdrops, here they are for those interested:

Less work for Noel ;)

Richard
Danke Richard!
ImageImageImage

mgagne01

04 Jun 2017

I can only see the Synapse Audio backdrops! Where can I download the others mentioned on this forum ?

Reasonistas
RE Developer

05 Jun 2017

mgagne01 wrote:I can only see the Synapse Audio backdrops! Where can I download the others mentioned on this forum ?
I haven't provided a link to download the others yet. I will soon though as there will be a first round of images which is almost ready. Stay tuned.
ImageImageImage

sepulchre

09 Jun 2017

I can't seem to vote on the list at the top but I would vote for several of them. A couple of notable missing entries, IMHO, would be Ezdrummer and Absynth (NI). Also you have Waldorf but I'd like to see a specific entry for PPG.
But overall this is a Great idea! Much needed.
Thanks!

ModSource

09 Jun 2017

FXpansion have been longtime friends of Reason. I think backdrops for Strobe2, BFD3, and Geist2 are in order.

altron

13 Jun 2017

raymondh wrote:I'm really enjoying Sonic Projects OP-X! A skin for that would be great!

The OP-X Pro II is like... the best VA synth ever created! I love this synth, it's fantastic!
Trap is where music goes to die.

• Information