Reason has the best architecture for Maschine

Discuss VST stuff here!
Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

It's very easy to change maschine's stereo only channels to mono by unhooking the right cable,saves a ton of time bouncing in S1. Will be moving to Reason for sequenced drums and live drumming now. Making my Maschine template for Reason now. So far so good on the DSP with both running too.

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

I spoke too soon need 16 separate channels on the back in Reason. Also,having issues with most tab buttons don't work,i have to use the arrows to choose everything. Can someone post the link to props,thanks.

electrofux

29 May 2017

Can you keep us updated? Especially how sequencing of Reason devices from within Maschine (if at all possible) works.

From what i gathered Midi Dialogues are turned off in Maschine when in Plugin Mode, so that the Host takes care of the routing, which would be bad in the Case of 9.5 since it cannot route VST Midi atm.

But maybe the external midi plugin can still be routed while Maschine in VST Mode.

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

Maschine audio in.png
Maschine audio in.png (703.11 KiB) Viewed 9885 times
Audio from Dr OctoRex being sampled in Maschine.
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 29 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

Everything has to be done on the hardware side can't even right click to choose templates.

chimp_spanner

29 May 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:Everything has to be done on the hardware side can't even right click to choose templates.
Try disabling the VST keyboard focus setting in the options menu. If you're getting any kind of weird menu behaviour chances are that'll fix it!

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:Everything has to be done on the hardware side can't even right click to choose templates.
Try disabling the VST keyboard focus setting in the options menu. If you're getting any kind of weird menu behaviour chances are that'll fix it!
Actually,enabling vst focus is what worked for me thank you!!!

chimp_spanner

29 May 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:
Actually,enabling vst focus is what worked for me thank you!!!
NP man :) Seems to be a common thing. Here's hoping for a proper fix!

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

Yo am I missing something can't record midi with maschine over usb connect to laptop,but I can record midi thru my Triton keyboard.

QVprod

29 May 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:Yo am I missing something can't record midi with maschine over usb connect to laptop,but I can record midi thru my Triton keyboard.
The beta forum is now public. Here's a thread from there. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7500995

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

QVprod wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:Yo am I missing something can't record midi with maschine over usb connect to laptop,but I can record midi thru my Triton keyboard.
The beta forum is now public. Here's a thread from there. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7500995
Ok cool looks like it's not possible in controller mode.

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

Nah,too much of a hassle to get audio from maschine into Reason,sticking to S1 for maschine. PITA when dragging midi files from maschine you get 16 ID8's in sequencer that must be deleted.

Edit: You can't even record multiple out channels from Maschine.

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

Can someone confirm it's not possible to record multiple outs from Maschine simultaneously in Reason?

QVprod

29 May 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:Can someone confirm it's not possible to record multiple outs from Maschine simultaneously in Reason?
Assuming you're referring to multiple audio outputs. You can. Route each output to it's own mix channel. If the midi is in Reason's sequencer then bounce in place will bounce audio for every mix channel routed from the plugin. If your midi is coming from within a plugin then the bounce mixer channels option is the best choice. You can do it in real time as well but it takes more steps.

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

QVprod wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:Can someone confirm it's not possible to record multiple outs from Maschine simultaneously in Reason?
Assuming you're referring to multiple audio outputs. You can. Route each output to it's own mix channel. If the midi is in Reason's sequencer then bounce in place will bounce audio for every mix channel routed from the plugin. If your midi is coming from within a plugin then the bounce mixer channels option is the best choice. You can do it in real time as well but it takes more steps.
I have 8 channels of audio coming from maschine to 8 mix channels in Reason but they don't show in the sequencer. Sorry if this a basic question I never have recorded more than one track at a time in Reason.

QVprod

29 May 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:
QVprod wrote:
I have 8 channels of audio coming from maschine to 8 mix channels in Reason but they don't show in the sequencer. Sorry if this a basic question I never have recorded more than one track at a time in Reason.
Mix channels don't show in the sequencer. Only audio tracks do. I'm assuming you're using patterns from within Machine itself. if so the 2nd option I mentioned above in bold is the easiest way. That option is in the file menu.

If you want to do it in real-time then you need to create 8 audio tracks and set the mix channels connected to machine as Rec sources.

If the midi triggering the Machine plugin is from Reason's sequencer however, then right-clicking the midi clip and selecting bounce in place will bounce audio for all mix channels.

Goriila Texas

29 May 2017

Ok thanks will check it out because maschine doesn't send out midi to Reason so I have no choice but to use audio. But I probably will just stay in S1 too many work arounds setups. In S1 you create audio channels for maschine studio and go to work.

Edit: Created audio channels for maschine then had to mute the mix channels and now I have a bunch of mix channels and audio channels,too much for just needing audio from maschine imo. Will be sticking to S1.

QVprod

30 May 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:Ok thanks will check it out because maschine doesn't send out midi to Reason so I have no choice but to use audio. But I probably will just stay in S1 too many work arounds setups. In S1 you create audio channels for maschine studio and go to work.

Edit: Created audio channels for maschine then had to mute the mix channels and now I have a bunch of mix channels and audio channels,too much for just needing audio from maschine imo. Will be sticking to S1.
You only need to create the audio channels if your'e bouncing in real time. The other two methods I mentioned create tracks for you automatically (similar to bouncing or transforming tracks in S1) . That seemed to be what you asked about.

If you just want to route the audio and keep machine open, just use the mix channels. It's no different than S1 in that regard.

samfreeman

30 May 2017

So, i've got 9.5 up and running. I'm opening up Maschine as a VST and selected a kit, so all of the sounds are loaded up. The sounds are all audible when I hit the relevant pads on the Maschine hardware but nothing is registering in the sequencer when I hit record in Reason?

What I want is to record drums, bass, etc. from the Maschine VST directly to the Reason sequencer (as midi notes as opposed to audio). Then I'd like to use the Reason sequencer to arrange the whole song.

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Sam

QVprod

30 May 2017

samfreeman wrote:So, i've got 9.5 up and running. I'm opening up Maschine as a VST and selected a kit, so all of the sounds are loaded up. The sounds are all audible when I hit the relevant pads on the Maschine hardware but nothing is registering in the sequencer when I hit record in Reason?

What I want is to record drums, bass, etc. from the Maschine VST directly to the Reason sequencer (as midi notes as opposed to audio). Then I'd like to use the Reason sequencer to arrange the whole song.

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Sam
I guess I could have been clearer. Sorry about that. The answer to your question was in the first link (also posted in this thread).
done84 wrote:Maschine is not meant to send MIDI wile in controller mode.
For now i record on Maschine and get the pattern recorded inside it, then move it to the Reason Rack if i want to edit it there.
If you want to record directly inside Reason's sequencer you using the pads you need to set Maschine hardware in Generic MIDI Mode
I linked you here in case you would have any other questions.

miscend

30 May 2017

Goriila Texas wrote:Nah,too much of a hassle to get audio from maschine into Reason,sticking to S1 for maschine. PITA when dragging midi files from maschine you get 16 ID8's in sequencer that must be deleted.

Edit: You can't even record multiple out channels from Maschine.
Create a template document with Maschine and all the routings how you like them and save that as your default song template.

This video from 6:19 onwards shows you to properly route Maschine into Reason

samfreeman

30 May 2017

So, if I was to drag and drop midi data from the Maschine VST in to the Reason sequencer and then hit play, would it trigger the Maschine sounds and then allow me to arrange the track within the Reason sequencer?

Goriila Texas

30 May 2017

samfreeman wrote:So, if I was to drag and drop midi data from the Maschine VST in to the Reason sequencer and then hit play, would it trigger the Maschine sounds and then allow me to arrange the track within the Reason sequencer?
No that's what I did and it created a bunch of ID8s

samfreeman

30 May 2017

Same thing happened for me. What's going on?! The reason I updated was because I thought the workflow with Machine to Reason would be seamless. Really disappointed that there isn't a solution to what I need. Probably have to wait another millennium to do what I want with the two. Might have to ditch Reason for another DAW which i'd be very reluctant to do.

miscend

02 Jun 2017

samfreeman wrote:Same thing happened for me. What's going on?! The reason I updated was because I thought the workflow with Machine to Reason would be seamless. Really disappointed that there isn't a solution to what I need. Probably have to wait another millennium to do what I want with the two. Might have to ditch Reason for another DAW which i'd be very reluctant to do.
Nope they are aware of the issue with iD8s and are working on it. Should be fixed in an update.

• Information