ImpOSCar 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
Faastwalker

29 May 2017

Anyone using ImpOSCar 2? I've been having some issues with preset / patch banks. But I just spotted & even weirder problem - when I change the parameters on the instrument nothing happens!! The knobs move but the sound doesn't change at all. It's like it's stuck on a default preset with the controls having no effect what so ever!! Very odd.

TheWeathermonger

29 May 2017

impOSCar 2 is working absolutely fine here within Reason. No problems accessing banks and presets, and the controls all appear to respond and change the sound as expected. FWIW, I'm running version 2.0.3 of impOSCar 2 and on a mac.

Faastwalker

29 May 2017

I'm running ImpOSCar2 on Windows 10. I've tried removing, cleaning & reinstalling. Same thing. Not sure what else to try. I'll drop Mr Spiers a line. See what he comes up with.

Lizard

29 May 2017

Yup. No issues on my end either. You are using the 64-bit version and not a 32-bit bridged plug right?

Faastwalker

29 May 2017

Lizard wrote:Yup. No issues on my end either. You are using the 64-bit version and not a 32-bit bridged plug right?
I installed both originally. Then just tried the 64-bit. It's very odd. I think I'll try downloading the installer again, maybe a clean install of Reason .......... maybe a clean install of Windows 10. It's probably about time I did that I guess.

Faastwalker

29 May 2017

Thought I'd try uninstalling ImpOSCa2 2 & re-installing. I can't seem to find a way to do this in Windows 10. There is no uninstaller as far as I can find & it doesn't appear (I installed everything, including the standalone version) in the programs list.

EDIT: worked it out - you actually have to run the installer, uncheck the items you have installed, but want to uninstall & then continue with the installation. Sorted ;) Now I just have get the thing working. Somewhat ironic that the only VST instrument I ever bought & I can't get it working in Reason 9.5 :o

Faastwalker

30 May 2017

Fixed! Ran the installer to uninstall everything. re-installed everything & just left the default install locations un-touched. Pointed Reason to this & hey presto. The only thing I'm sure I did differently was to originally choose my own install folders - I was trying to keep everything in one place but it doesn't seem to like this ...... maybe! All good now. Patches working as well. I just added my own patch folder for ImpOSCar to the default patch install location for ImpOSCar. After a Reason restart they were all there. Cool ;)

• Information