Question about VSTs in the shop (for Mattias or anyone that knows!)

Discuss VST stuff here!
chimp_spanner

29 May 2017

So first of all, a few people saw this coming and I think it's a great move! The more they can get on board the better! Two questions though;

Will VSTs purchased in the PH shop sync through the authoriser? So one button press and bam; all our REs and VSTs installed?

And secondly, if so, is it possible to get existing VST licenses ported over to the rack store? Or is this likely to vary from developer to developer?

supersplaron

29 May 2017

Hey Paul!

No, only Rack Extensions will sync through Authorizer. All VST downloads will happen through the VST developers' websites.

No, only VST products purchased through the Propellerhead shop will be available in your PH products page (there's now a new VST tab!).

chimp_spanner

29 May 2017

supersplaron wrote:Hey Paul!

No, only Rack Extensions will sync through Authorizer. All VST downloads will happen through the VST developers' websites.

No, only VST products purchased through the Propellerhead shop will be available in your PH products page (there's now a new VST tab!).
Thanks man! Ahh yeah I kinda understand that - I guess then PH would end up hosting everyone else's stuff and it'd be a total nightmare. So fair enough :)

Congrats on the big release! Hope today goes nice and smoothly for you all.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 May 2017

So what benefit is there buying it from the PH store?

chimp_spanner wrote:- I guess then PH would end up hosting everyone else's stuff and it'd be a total nightmare. So fair enough :)
I was hoping they would host it so you have a one port call for all your stuff and it would not have matter if the VST company stopped making the product etc just like with RE, there is that sad case where the community lost a developer but his RE is still there.

QVprod

29 May 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

So what benefit is there buying it from the PH store?

chimp_spanner wrote:- I guess then PH would end up hosting everyone else's stuff and it'd be a total nightmare. So fair enough :)
I was hoping they would host it so you have a one port call for all your stuff and it would not have matter if the VST company stopped making the product etc just like with RE, there is that sad case where the community lost a developer but his RE is still there.
If I understand correctly, the link to the downloads (hosted on the developer's websites) and serial will be in your account. Slight time saver.

supersplaron

29 May 2017

QVprod wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

If I understand correctly, the link to the downloads (hosted on the developer's websites) and serial will be in your account. Slight time saver.
Correct. If you buy a VST in our shop, the product and serial will be available under the VST tab on your Products page.

Data_Shrine

29 May 2017

That's cool. Hoping to see more dev (including Korg) in there !

• Information