Done with vst browsing

Discuss VST stuff here!
Bunja1979

26 May 2017

So with all the hype about vst i have downloaded a gazillion free vst plugins and demos , and after all the palarva im bored , anyway most of the free stuff is wallop or 32 bit , unless there is something amazing I haven't seen yet ? i'm over it so back to my bitword refills and all the vst that remains ,xln audio addictive keys ( I got in a promotion) and camel crusher true nova eq and zplane vielklang thingy , oh yeah and togo audio line vocoder that's all that survived lol.

scratchnsnifff

26 May 2017

Have you checked out meldaproductions? If you search mwaveshaper, the meldaproductions site has Their products and they look mad handy, the waveshaper will be the first that I get They have mad free devices :) worth looking into I suppose, what are some must haves in your opinion?
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

26 May 2017

Since reason is my 3rd daw, I've already seen most of these vsts before :P
I remember why vst hunting was so tedious...USE KVR FOR THAT :lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

scratchnsnifff

26 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:Since reason is my 3rd daw, I've already seen most of these vsts before :P
I remember why vst hunting was so tedious...USE KVR FOR THAT :lol:
When I did research on wiggle and even other vsts, kvr seems to be the place to go in reguards to user experience:) i tend to look at what people say there, as well as the ask audio reviews and computer music mag, those reviews never really mention downsides, I mean sure they mention pros and cons but I have yet to find one that really says anything negative :p still helpful though
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Oquasec

26 May 2017

:thumbs_up:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Bunja1979

26 May 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:Have you checked out meldaproductions? If you search mwaveshaper, the meldaproductions site has Their products and they look mad handy, the waveshaper will be the first that I get They have mad free devices :) worth looking into I suppose, what are some must haves in your opinion?

i dunno really the ones i have are the free ones i like ( oh yeah forgot camel audio alchemy cm player not free but if you get the computer music mag ) barring xln audios addictive keys upright which sounds way better than id8 for me

all i have
vst wise
TDR NOVA EQ
camel audio camel crusher
camel audio alchemy
togo audio vocoder
zplane vieklang cm
xln audio addictive keys upright
i have essentials though

and im trying to be minimal i may not be the best source of advice .

I've even removed my skrock Solaris and aurora rack extensions if i could sell i would .

the refills i own are bitword expanse wave front( reason bass and drums) and that is it i had more , but dumped them annoyed half of the combinations don't work in essentials

the vocoder and the zplane thing AND the TDR nova i got because i don't have reasons stock vocoder analysed eq and pitch correct respectively, because essentials don't have them.
Alchemy player cm is the only semi free vsti i like out of everything i've tried, apart from the uhe ones they have good presets podolski etc find them somewhere here or on magazines https://www.u-he.com/cms/ , i decided not to install them as i dont wanna have too many synths, scrolling through thousands of presets is something i don't enjoy lol , good luck searching mate enjoy the headachce

groggy1

26 May 2017

Bunja1979 wrote:So with all the hype about vst i have downloaded a gazillion free vst plugins and demos , and after all the palarva im bored , anyway most of the free stuff is wallop or 32 bit , unless there is something amazing I haven't seen yet ? i'm over it so back to my bitword refills and all the vst that remains ,xln audio addictive keys ( I got in a promotion) and camel crusher true nova eq and zplane vielklang thingy , oh yeah and togo audio line vocoder that's all that survived lol.
You should be glad that you're not addicted to VSTs and have GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). Perfectly good to stick with REs and Refills.

Jmax

26 May 2017

I'm more interested in the big VSTs Kontakt, Spire, U-HE etc.. Most of my FX Plugs are covered by RE's which I think do an even nice job. I have ton's of others but won't install most to keep things less cluttered and focus on what I will actually use.

Rectro

27 May 2017

For me its about Spire VST, Vegence, maybe other helpfull VSTs I cant see myself going crazy getting loads of VSTs. I jumped on the last Propellerhead sale and got the Rig 2 mixing mastering bundle, that was crazy to not go for it being that some of these in the bundle are avalible as VSTs I got 22 racks with training for £123 thats a good buy for me this year. Spire and Vengence are the best synths iv heard so far, but spire has the edge for its simplicity yet whole sound. Before coming to Reason I was a Avid Cubase user for many years so iv been on the vst hunt a while ago, got it out y system so to speak, and to be honnest I produced more music when I had less gear.

The waves Piano sounds great, but load times way to long.

Dan

limbophonic

29 May 2017

Hi bunja 1979 the vocoder you spoke of(toto line audio vocoder), i installed it but it doesn't work in internal mode,it appears in the FX list so it can't receive midi, i did get it working by routing thor into right input and a vocal track into left input,

• Information