11 May 2017

I own these RE's:
AD480 Reverb
Softube Spring Reverb
TSAR-1R
Synapse DR-1
Synapse Fat Space
Rob Papen Reverb

Are there any VST Reverbs I have to have?
I do not need more room reverbs, realistic stuff or reverbs for drums. What I am looking for are reverbs like the DR-1. Long lush deep reverbs for chords and pads.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

IAMGOD

11 May 2017

Waves -H Reverb

Any reverb from UAD (My fave is the AKG BX 20 Spring Reverb)
Follow me on Instagram: Mr_Relevant
And live vicariously through me.

bunja

11 May 2017

Do you HAVE to buy reverb or WANT! Lol

aeox
Competition Winner

11 May 2017

maybe try out fabfilter Pro-R

QVprod

11 May 2017

You don't need any other reverbs You have plenty. Just learn how to use them to the fullest potential. One trick though is to use a combination of reverb and delay.

aeox
Competition Winner

11 May 2017

QVprod wrote:You don't need any other reverbs You have plenty. Just learn how to use them to the fullest potential. One trick though is to use a combination of reverb and delay.
he doesn't need. he WANTS. it's consumerism, or something :P

aeox
Competition Winner

11 May 2017

no thats the wrong word.. it's something though.. someone will sasy it here eventually

kitekrazy

11 May 2017

The Vahalla ones are great at $50. Eventide requires iLok by dongle or software. With VSTs I tend to look at licensing. I have Reason on two machines. Vahalla - not issue. Eventide will allow two if you use your hard drive as an iLok. Waves - you can use a USB flash drive or on one machine.

QVprod

12 May 2017

aeox wrote:no thats the wrong word.. it's something though.. someone will sasy it here eventually
GAS is what you're looking for. Gear Acquisition Syndrom

aeox
Competition Winner

12 May 2017

QVprod wrote:
aeox wrote:no thats the wrong word.. it's something though.. someone will sasy it here eventually
GAS is what you're looking for. Gear Acquisition Syndrom

:thumbs_up:

borracho

12 May 2017

Valhalla are great reverbs, if you have $500 for it - Altiverb is the best convolution reverb.
Eventide Blackhole is a must-have!
Also there are some nice free ones - https://www.idesignsound.com/top-5-free ... ins-vstau/

chk071

12 May 2017

QVprod wrote:You don't need any other reverbs You have plenty. Just learn how to use them to the fullest potential. One trick though is to use a combination of reverb and delay.
On the other hand, reverbs are like synth. You just can't have enough of those, because every one of them offers you a different flavour.
:reason: :rebirth:

Loque

12 May 2017

chk071 wrote:
On the other hand, reverbs are like synth. You just can't have enough of those, because every one of them offers you a different flavour.
Agree, but sometimes i forgot how many i have, especially considering all the RE devices like Quad, Predeator, Antidot, Kong, VK-2, Zero and all others i forgot, which allow to use its internal FX.
Reason12, Win10

satyr32

12 May 2017

i checked those reverbs out that you guys suggested and the Eventide seems to be the one i am looking for. But then again I am thinking about getting the Eventide Space pedal. Oh, did I mention I also have the Strymon Big Sky and the Holy Grail Neo. True I do not need more reverbs, but i WANT.

I also found the Adaptiverb, but i do not think this working with Reason atm and i do not want a reverb plugin that eats 30% of the CPU.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

EnochLight

12 May 2017

satyr32 wrote:I own these RE's:
AD480 Reverb
Softube Spring Reverb
TSAR-1R
Synapse DR-1
Synapse Fat Space
Rob Papen Reverb
You also own RV7000 MKII (which also does convolution), and to split hairs - RV-7. :mrgreen:
satyr32 wrote: Are there any VST Reverbs I have to have?
No, but clearly you want more. No shame in that!
satyr32 wrote: I do not need more reverbs...
Fixed that last part for ya'... :D :lol:

GAS is a fickle creature. That said, there are SOOOOO many reverbs out there, as many as there are synths and guitars. I'm sure you'll find more to fill your virtual coffer.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Social Exodus

12 May 2017

I love ReMatrix from Overloud personally. It's a convolution based reverb with up to 5 mixable types of reverb in each patch.

https://youtu.be/81NaFSCjlvU
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

QVprod

12 May 2017

chk071 wrote:
Nah you can have enough. You end up using the ones you like the most and forgetting about the others for the most part. As OP admitted, definitely a WANT thing and not a need.

theshoemaker

12 May 2017

Is there something special with a RE, which I can't do with the RV7000 MKII?

Speaking from a creative perspective, no the room reverb stuff
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

chk071

12 May 2017

QVprod wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Nah you can have enough. You end up using the ones you like the most and forgetting about the others for the most part. As OP admitted, definitely a WANT thing and not a need.
I can't get the sound i get from Eventide UltraReverb or Blackhole out of Valhalla VintageVerb, or Valhalla Room, for example. No way. That's why i didn't bother any longer with the latter, and rather use the former. In the same way, you won't get a truely convincing Moog bass out of a Virus. Or some convincing hypersaw, or wavetable stuff out of the Moog. :P

Every reverb has a different sound. That's also why it's so difficult to give a general recommendation, because it's really solely a matter of taste, if it works for you, or not.
:reason: :rebirth:

xbitz

14 May 2017

so +1 to Valhalla Room and the preset pack above https://www.freshlysqueezedsamples.com/ ... ume-1.html
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

shropshirelad

15 May 2017

My favourite algorithmic reverb is the incredible Aether. It's little brother Breeze is great too! And now I can use them in Reason! Still can't quite believe it. :puf_smile:

http://www.2caudio.com/products/aether#_overview

Marco Raaphorst

15 May 2017

Why not use the RV7000 MKII? Load it with impulses and it can do any reverb.

TheWeathermonger

15 May 2017

chk071 wrote:I can't get the sound i get from Eventide UltraReverb or Blackhole out of Valhalla VintageVerb, or Valhalla Room, for example. No way. That's why i didn't bother any longer with the latter, and rather use the former. In the same way, you won't get a truely convincing Moog bass out of a Virus. Or some convincing hypersaw, or wavetable stuff out of the Moog. :P

Every reverb has a different sound. That's also why it's so difficult to give a general recommendation, because it's really solely a matter of taste, if it works for you, or not.
I picked up Blackhole in Eventide's sale last week, and it's a great complement to the Valhalla Room and VintageVerb that I use all the time, but I wouldn't have paid full price for it. The great thing is that you can trial all these reverbs before deciding which you really want/need.

IMO the Valhalla plugs are great value, low CPU and well supported. Still my go-to reverbs and I can't wait to start using them in Reason shortly. :)

• Information