(Techno/303 Acid) "Mass Confusion"

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Nerveclinic

08 May 2017

I just finished this song a few days ago. I used the ABL3 to create a bass pattern but instead of the cutoff and Resonance filters on the ABL3 I used the Primal Audio Acid Ladder Filter.

There are so many RE's it would be hard to list them all. I use a lot of effects.

For the synths there is mostly Blamsoft Zero, as well as Antidote, NNXT (For odd sounds in the break),

For effects I use the following a lot: Chenille Chorus, Cakewalk RE2A, Softtube Saturation, MKll RV7000 RVB, The Echo, Scream 4

Thanks for listening and comments are always appreciated.

modecca

09 May 2017

Nerveclinic wrote:

I just finished this song a few days ago. I used the ABL3 to create a bass pattern but instead of the cutoff and Resonance filters on the ABL3 I used the Primal Audio Acid Ladder Filter.

There are so many RE's it would be hard to list them all. I use a lot of effects.

For the synths there is mostly Blamsoft Zero, as well as Antidote, NNXT (For odd sounds in the break),

For effects I use the following a lot: Chenille Chorus, Cakewalk RE2A, Softtube Saturation, MKll RV7000 RVB, The Echo, Scream 4

Thanks for listening and comments are always appreciated.
Why use the abl filter when you can use a different filter?
This is heresy sir.
Shall I use expanse as an effect processor or the legend for its lfos only!
Seriously though I have seen a rant or 2 about that particular filter doing a piss poor job emulating the original.
Would be interesting to hear a version of this song with you using the ab3 filter.

As for the song I like it a lot. Got those big pads I love so much.
Completely connect to the overall vibe of this.
Is the theme music to my movement as a warlock from one time period to the next.
About 1:49 we start to see some periodic trance bass thingy happen, that adds power to the song.
Got sax? Yep thats in there too.
🔗💥

pLv2

09 May 2017

I really enjoyed that one. I personally would've liked to hear the kick punch through the mix more but I know I have a bad habit of too much kick in my own works. :oops: I saw you were digging on some Ellen Allien as I followed your SC. Nice - she loves the 303!

I just bought ABL3 today and I'm loving the new features. I started a little something today with the ABL3 more along the lines of progressive/tech house but I like darker techno music as well. I'll be watching you. :twisted:

Nerveclinic

10 May 2017

pLv2 wrote:I really enjoyed that one. I personally would've liked to hear the kick punch through the mix more but I know I have a bad habit of too much kick in my own works. :oops: I saw you were digging on some Ellen Allien as I followed your SC. Nice - she loves the 303!

I just bought ABL3 today and I'm loving the new features. I started a little something today with the ABL3 more along the lines of progressive/tech house but I like darker techno music as well. I'll be watching you. :twisted:
Dude that track sounds amazing. Has a really nice vibe. Look forward to hearing the completed piece.

I've been buying Ellen Allien Vinyl since the early 2000's, I have a whole crate full of B-Pitch vinyl from when I DJ'd.

I get the comment from people a lot that my drums are too low in the mix, especially from fellow producers, so something to keep working on. This was my first ABL3 track, I am working on a second one now.

And yes...I prefer the dark side.

Thanks for the follow I will do the same over on SC.

goldengel

10 May 2017

Some good instruments. But angy and dark. I don't like to have only disharmonic parts the whole track. I like progressive Acid which dont needs to be dark.

Nerveclinic

13 May 2017

goldengel wrote:Some good instruments. But angy and dark. I don't like to have only disharmonic parts the whole track. I like progressive Acid which dont needs to be dark.
Thanks for the feedback. I never thought about the angry part. I definitely like walking down the dark path though and I don't think that will change.

Daniel36

13 May 2017

I was eyeing that ABL3 RE today. You definitely made something special with it! I kind of want to get it but I am low on funds... It sounds real nice though!!

• Information