Reason 9.5 waiting to join beta Support group stories.

Discuss VST stuff here!
ltbrunt00

05 May 2017

For those people who lives were put in flux waiting to join the 9.5 BETA.
How has this announcement changed your view of the DAW landscape.
What are you working while you wait for the beta link?

1. Using Reason daily pretending that the stock devices are now VST instruments.
2. With this announcement I have little motivation to use Studio one and Bitwig right now.
3. Checking email every few hours for the beta link.
4. All my VSTs are demanding to be loaded up only in Reason. Yes the VST instruments are talking to me.
5. Purchased some new VST instruments.
6. Wrestling with Prop shop addiction.
7. I have become a drunk and recruited by a deadly cabal of Hobos. Boxcar Jimmy says Hi to the forums.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

DonnieAlan

05 May 2017

While the development is great news, it won't be very helpful to me because I mostly use Reason in slave mode in Pro Tools via Rewire. And, the word seems to be that VST hosting won't work with Reason in slave mode. I admit I do not understand at all why that will be the case. I went from super-excited to super=deflated in less than 24 hours.

My hope is that hosting VSTs in slave mode is "just around the corner". I know of several Reason users who only use it in slave mode and would buy the upgrade in a flash to have this available (most of them are using 8.0 or earlier. But VST hosting would cause most of them to open their wallets make the jump. So, when this new feature can be used with Reason in slave mode...THEN I'll get all juiced! Until then...its music as usual!

kitekrazy

05 May 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:For those people who lives were put in flux waiting to join the 9.5 BETA.
How has this announcement changed your view of the DAW landscape.
What are you working while you wait for the beta link?

1. Using Reason daily pretending that the stock devices are now VST instruments.
2. With this announcement I have little motivation to use Studio one and Bitwig right now.
3. Checking email every few hours for the beta link.
4. All my VSTs are demanding to be loaded up only in Reason. Yes the VST instruments are talking to me.
5. Purchased some new VST instruments.
6. Wrestling with Prop shop addiction.
7. I have become a drunk and recruited by a deadly cabal of Hobos. Boxcar Jimmy says Hi to the forums.
1. No. In my other DAWs there is nothing like Redrum. Sure I got drum racks in Live and You can load one shots in FL but Redrum with it's sequencer is just awesome. If it were a VST I would buy it. I also have D16 Drumazon but you can't load samples into it.
2. No. I have Studio One. It's a bit overrated but the workflow is still better than Reason.
3. YES! I keep checking the spam folder as well.
4. Not really. I'm not experienced at Reason and still want to explore devices. I have Kontakt and everything in it's library is superior to anything in the NN-XT. I vow not to open Kontakt in Reason.
5. Not for Reason. Most of my purchase have been Reason related like Refills.
6. Never. Overpriced on everything. If you want Refills go to 3rd party vendors.

platzangst

06 May 2017

I signed up for the Beta, but in truth I'm reconsidering.

I am in the middle of a project for which having VSTs in Reason would be EXTREMELY helpful and convenient. However, the timing isn't great, since I'm hoping to get it mostly done by the end of the month, which is the target for 9.5's actual release. And if I wait around for the beta to be delivered I'm not gonna get any work done, not to mention that early betas might not save files in a compatible way with later betas. So since I haven't yet been selected, I'm probably gonna just get back on my horse and work how I'd originally planned, with any VST instruments used in a different DAW, and importing stems from that work into Reason 9.2.

• Information