Maschine Software as VST ?

Discuss VST stuff here!
semomat

30 Apr 2017

Hi there,

I've got a Maschine Jam Controller (which comes with the Maschine software), using it mainly during my DJ Sets adding some drum sounds to my mixes ... But now that we have VSTs in Reason, can this somehow be integrated now? I heard somewhere that the Maschine Software is kind of a VST ? Is that true and does anyone have already experience with this ?
Background is: The Jam controller makes it super easy to come up with nice grooves (and it also got nice sounds ...), so just trying to get my head around the possibilities, if it could be integrated into Reason now in a nice and easy way ...

Cheers

EpiGenetik

30 Apr 2017

The software for Maschine Jam and regular Maschine is the same, it's only the controllers that are different.

The integration as a VST works perfectly, because the controllers communicate directly with the plugin instance, rather than going in via Reason. Any problems, let us know :D

Kaydigi

30 Apr 2017

You can use it as an effects processor, can't wait. First thing I do will be using Maschine and MPC as plugins.

semomat

30 Apr 2017

EpiGenetik wrote:The software for Maschine Jam and regular Maschine is the same, it's only the controllers that are different.

The integration as a VST works perfectly, because the controllers communicate directly with the plugin instance, rather than going in via Reason. Any problems, let us know :D
Sounds good! Can not wait to upgrade, and try this out. Still wondering about how that is all synchronized internally, I mean the Maschine Software (as VST), and Reason itself.
And will the sound of Maschine actually be routed into Reason, and gets is own mixer channel ? Sorry if this sounds dumb :), I am not in the beta, and never used a VST before within a DAW, haven't used any other DAW than Reason since .... ever I guess. Ah no, there have been those back in the days:

- Protracker/Soundtracker on Amiga ... Good old times :)

Cheers

• Information