Fingerpicking Nylon - A-List Guitarist in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
arqui

15 Apr 2017

Is the best A-List of all, I hope your brothers are upgraded to this one.
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

sdst
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2017

arqui wrote:Is the best A-List of all,
I was about to say the same thing

Lots of fun with this thing

mguh22

15 Apr 2017

This thing is beautiful.

artotaku

16 Apr 2017

I´m no guitar player and basically have no clue about it but this is is what I came up with:

To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
There are some issues/bugs with the sequencer though. It does not always sync correctly when the playhead is moved and playing is restarted. Another issue I noticed is when the style phrases are changed all eighth or quarter note while the chords are triggered it arbitrarily mutes.

WongoTheSane

16 Apr 2017

artotaku wrote:To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
There are some issues/bugs with the sequencer though. It does not always sync correctly when the playhead is moved and playing is restarted. Another issue I noticed is when the style phrases are changed all eighth or quarter note while the chords are triggered it arbitrarily mutes.
FWIW, the desync when moving the playhead is stated in the manual: as the device is tempo based, it cannot keep being in sync when you're desyncing it manually (it wouldn't make sense). In the same way, I think your muting problem comes from the fact that when style and chord changes happen, they have to start at the exact same time; the slightest shift, even by a tick, will prevent it from syncing correctly. The solution is to quantize both note starts and note lengths.

sdst
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2017

Here my attempt to do something with this

artotaku

16 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
artotaku wrote:To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
FWIW, the desync when moving the playhead is stated in the manual: as the device is tempo based, it cannot keep being in sync when you're desyncing it manually (it wouldn't make sense). In the same way, I think your muting problem comes from the fact that when style and chord changes happen, they have to start at the exact same time; the slightest shift, even by a tick, will prevent it from syncing correctly. The solution is to quantize both note starts and note lengths.
Good to know, thanks. Yes, the notes are all legato and not in sync with the phrase changes. I reread the passage in the manual and it makes sense now.
Regarding the second issue I could solve it by choosing another phrase for the last note.

WongoTheSane

16 Apr 2017

artotaku wrote:
WongoTheSane wrote:
Good to know, thanks. Yes, the notes are all legato and not in sync with the phrase changes. I reread the passage in the manual and it makes sense now.
Regarding the second issue I could solve it by choosing another phrase for the last note.
Glad it helped! Nice test song btw :)

Data_Shrine

16 Apr 2017

artotaku wrote:I´m no guitar player and basically have no clue about it but this is is what I came up with:

To me the guitar sounds very clean and hifi and - as others have mentioned - better than A-List Acoustic and Electric Guitarist that I also have.
Wow that's very impressive. I really dig your track too - it got a Silent Hill/dark movie soundtrack vibe.

This RE now is on my wish list !

SA Studio

16 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
arqui wrote:I would like this post to talk about the product and not the sales policies that would be elsewhere, sorry
Agreed. Here's one ballad I made with Fingerpicking Nylon. Also includes Acoustic Guitarist, a bit of Electric Guitarist Power Chords, a Radical Keys, and an upright bass and brushes from the Reason 9 sound bank:

...and I think it's a fantastic device. It would have taken me hours upon hours of comping if I had tried to do this on my IRL guitar.
Hey! Real nice demonstration of those RE's! Sounds really good :thumbs_up: :reason:

SA Studio

16 Apr 2017

artotaku wrote:I´m no guitar player and basically have no clue about it but this is is what I came up with:

Dang! That's also nice! Great examples

joeyluck

16 Apr 2017

Looks like they fixed the click/hit area of the keys for this one. Hoping they fix the others soon! :)
I had the issue confirmed for Pop Chords by Propellerhead Support back in September...
Very hard to use the interactive keyboard display on that one (and probably the others still)

WongoTheSane

16 Apr 2017

SA Studio wrote:Hey! Real nice demonstration of those RE's! Sounds really good :thumbs_up: :reason:
Hey thanks man! :)
joeyluck wrote:Looks like they fixed the click/hit area of the keys for this one. Hoping they fix the others soon! :)
I had the issue confirmed for Pop Chords by Propellerhead Support back in September...
Very hard to use the interactive keyboard display on that one (and probably the others still)
Yes, both Acoustic Guitarist and PowerChords have the same problem. Now that they have the correct code, it should be easy to implement it and push a quick upgrade...

joeyluck

16 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:Yes, both Acoustic Guitarist and PowerChords have the same problem. Now that they have the correct code, it should be easy to implement it and push a quick upgrade...
:thumbs_up: :puf_smile:

I replied to the support ticket to remind them.

Karim
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2017

Miguel da Wu wrote:Mmmh, I think it doesn´t look soo bad. Simple wood design.
Maybe a bit too expensive if you already own the other A-List guitarist. Or is there a discount?
the mood is cheaper than the gold [emoji3]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Juan Rosa

18 Apr 2017

arqui wrote:Is the best A-List of all, I hope your brothers are upgraded to this one.
May you upload a video to see al the capabilities of this RE?

artotaku

18 Apr 2017

SA Studio wrote:

Dang! That's also nice! Great examples
Thanks!

aaron

21 Apr 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
mguh22 wrote:Anyone know if this is Reason 9 only? Not going to get chance to try it out until later this evening and it would be good to know!
It isn't, it works on 8 at least.
Even with Reason 7.1 :cool:

Yonatan

21 Apr 2017

This device is top class. In pair with Kontakt.

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2017

more cheat codes to buy! woo!

Ottostrom

21 Apr 2017

aeox wrote:more cheat codes to buy! woo!

Lov2sing

21 Apr 2017

Has anyone noticed the sound for the frets button is not heard? What I wish is that they had a intensity control for the fret sound instead of a one size fits all button. All in all I love this RE.
We make music for a reason

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2017

Ottostrom wrote:
aeox wrote:more cheat codes to buy! woo!
you took it the wrong way. it was meant to be said in a cheerful way.

Nielsen

11 Jun 2019

The selected style phrase always resets to default when loading a saved project with this instrument in the rack. Overall a great device but this issue is a pain. Please consider a fix Propellerhead.

eusti

11 Jun 2019

Nielsen wrote:
11 Jun 2019
The selected style phrase always resets to default when loading a saved project with this instrument in the rack. Overall a great device but this issue is a pain. Please consider a fix Propellerhead.
Even when you put the according note into the sequencer?

D.

• Information