Reasonistas SideChain ReAction Enveloper

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Reasonistas
RE Developer

06 Apr 2017

3D images by Nirude.

We proudly introduce SideChain ReAction Enveloper (SCRE), Reasonistas' debut Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
SideChain ReAction Enveloper (SCRE) is more than just a witty play on words, it is the first Reason Rack Extension plugin fully dedicated and optimized for multiband sidechaining (ducking) any incoming audio right out the box.

Meticulously designed by Reasonistas and thoroughly built by Lab:One Recordings, SCRE is far and away the most advanced yet simplest multi-band side-chaining and envelope shaper available for Reason.

Price: $/€ 29.99

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... enveloper/

Operation Manual: http://media.wix.com/ugd/004ed6_53947e8 ... 4c1268.pdf
Last edited by Reasonistas on 06 Dec 2017, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Kategra

06 Apr 2017

I bought it! Can't wait to get home and play with it. I first thought that it's another R9.2 RE, but you only need Reason version 7.1 or higher :D

Congrats for the collaboration and release!

Jmax

06 Apr 2017

Looks great! Watched the vid, it was a bit confusing to see 'hear' what was really going on. I'd love to see some more detailed vids, explanation of what this puppy does. Am I correct in thinking you can just drop it on an instrument and it will pretty much side chain automatically, like pump?

J

EnochLight

06 Apr 2017

Nice! Congrats on the release, Noel!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Despondo
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2017

Jmax wrote:Looks great! Watched the vid, it was a bit confusing to see 'hear' what was really going on. I'd love to see some more detailed vids, explanation of what this puppy does.
I agree...Hard to tell what I should be listening to/for in that video since there is so much going on visually and sonicly. Would be better to have a more isolated example for clarity. ;-)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

06 Apr 2017

Kategra wrote:I bought it! Can't wait to get home and play with it. I first thought that it's another R9.2 RE, but you only need Reason version 7.1 or higher :D Congrats for the collaboration and release!
EnochLight wrote:Nice! Congrats on the release, Noel!
Than you both for the support! Glad you like it.
Jmax wrote:Looks great! Watched the vid, it was a bit confusing to see 'hear' what was really going on. I'd love to see some more detailed vids, explanation of what this puppy does. Am I correct in thinking you can just drop it on an instrument and it will pretty much side chain automatically, like pump? J
Thank you! More videos coming very soon. But, yes drop it after any track and the default "ducker" patch will duck the audio at 1/4 time signature. However, this is a multiband device so you can set different wave shapes, rate and gain for Low, Mid and High bands.
ImageImageImage

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

06 Apr 2017

Plus any queries on the workings or "can I do this / that?" etc questions feel free to fire them over, here to help out too

EdGrip

06 Apr 2017

I read it as "like pump, but can also be a free-running or sync'd envelope generator with the ability to draw complex envelopes. Also multiband skillz."

Which is basically what I always wished Synchronous was.

My biggest question - how sloooooow does it go? :D

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

06 Apr 2017

You can go 10secs slowest rate of 0.1Hz, or 16bars (tempo sync'ed)

Check out our PACMAN preset so you can hear a 16 bar example of Subtractor providing the powerpill eating ball while the drum break underneath pitches up in time too :D

Eat em up a yab yab

Reasonistas
RE Developer

06 Apr 2017

EdGrip wrote:I read it as "like pump, but can also be a free-running or sync'd envelope generator with the ability to draw complex envelopes. Also multiband skillz."

Which is basically what I always wished Synchronous was.

My biggest question - how sloooooow does it go? :D
Here is the answer right from the operation manual.
SCRE Rate.png
SCRE Rate.png (250.45 KiB) Viewed 4628 times
And here is the manual itself: http://media.wix.com/ugd/004ed6_53947e8 ... 4c1268.pdf
ImageImageImage

WongoTheSane

06 Apr 2017

Quite original and nice interface too! Well done, Noel + LabOne!

Loque

06 Apr 2017

Can this be envelope triggered with a threshold or is there a trigger button i can push from another envelope controller? Like if there is a kick it starts its ducking? Could not find a sidechain input on the back.
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2017

I appreciate that there's still some new REs for us R7 and 8 users.

As mentioned already, a more detailed walkthrough of how it works would be great.

Congrats on your debut RE.

Kategra

06 Apr 2017

Loque wrote:Can this be envelope triggered with a threshold or is there a trigger button i can push from another envelope controller? Like if there is a kick it starts its ducking? Could not find a sidechain input on the back.
I was thinking the same, but I guess we could use MClass Compressor GAIN reduction OUT CV (+ some CV tool for polarity inversion?) to duck to LO Band in SCRE while the other envelopes for MID and HI to their own thing.

Loque

06 Apr 2017

Kategra wrote:
Loque wrote:Can this be envelope triggered with a threshold or is there a trigger button i can push from another envelope controller? Like if there is a kick it starts its ducking? Could not find a sidechain input on the back.
I was thinking the same, but I guess we could use MClass Compressor GAIN reduction OUT CV (+ some CV tool for polarity inversion?) to duck to LO Band in SCRE while the other envelopes for MID and HI to their own thing.
That means, "no there is no triggering by a sidechain signal, only by midi or normal audio input"?
Reason12, Win10

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

06 Apr 2017

You can use MIDI triggers (C3 = ALL trigger, D3 = LOW trigger, E3 = MID trigger, F3 = HI trigger) if you have at least the corresponding RETRIGer button active.

LOOP only on for corresponding trigger is 'locked' to the sequencer, so for traditional house music effect you can do 1/4 sync to BPM and SCRE will autotrigger instead.

LOOP + RETRIG reverts to MIDI trigger, but allows looping whilst the MIDI note is held down.

RETRIG / RETRIG + RELEASE allows MIDI retriggering and if held down when at the end of the envelope you can sustain the level.

If RETRIG+RELEASE is active and you release the MIDI note early, SCRE will complete the envelope, but if you retrigger again the envelope restarts.

If RETRIG only then as long as the MIDI note is held down the envelope will playthrough, and reset back to the start on release.

Now... swap the word MIDI above with CV-Input and the same applies. You can do CV+MIDI key combos too.

Audio in triggers we'll be looking at for an update, we're also open to suggestions too

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

06 Apr 2017

Kategra wrote:I guess we could use MClass Compressor GAIN reduction OUT CV (+ some CV tool for polarity inversion?) to duck to LO Band in SCRE while the other envelopes for MID and HI to their own thing.
SCRE takes CV gate trigger input as positive anyway, alike Midi triggering (you can't have a negative MIDI trigger ;) only an OFF or ON)

Loque

06 Apr 2017

Ok, thanks. I missed the gate input on the back left side. And i understood, that it can trigger without a midi note in sync having typical pump effect.
So, just a additional audio jack-in would allow me to duck the bass part with a kick, the mids with a snare and the highs with a hihat. Not sure what others think, but could be usefull. If it is not available, i think with a gate signal creater on a threshold (at simplest way a compressor), i can have this aswell.
Reason12, Win10

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

06 Apr 2017

Loque wrote:Ok, thanks. I missed the gate input on the back left side. And i understood, that it can trigger without a midi note in sync having typical pump effect.
So, just a additional audio jack-in would allow me to duck the bass part with a kick, the mids with a snare and the highs with a hihat. Not sure what others think, but could be usefull. If it is not available, i think with a gate signal creater on a threshold (at simplest way a compressor), i can have this aswell.
Yes, you could have a Subtractor LFO CV Output triggering SCRE gate input (would be the positive part of the LFO envelope from Subtractor, square could be good), so each positive cycle could trigger SCRE accordingly

You example of Lows = Kick, Mids = Snare, Hi = Hats could be done that way sure, to have your drums appear up front whilst other audio is dynamically changing depending on the CV trigger timings and the envelope settings

LUST3R

06 Apr 2017

Can't wait to buy this and play around with drawing in some bass wobbles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This Is LUST3R!
(Dubstep/EDM/Alternative - Music Producer, Reason User :reason:, DJ & Instrumentalist)
Check out my Soundcloud and FOLLOW ME!
https://soundcloud.com/lust3rofficial

frog974new

06 Apr 2017

nice one and very helpfull Re .
for anybody loving routing .

the FSB is pretty cool , there's some good quality patch . i've allready my fovarite ^^
Be carefull , i browse some few patchs and i notice there's 3 or 5 patch broken ( bad format or corrupted ) .
The other point , not all patch have the same volume

Reasonistas
RE Developer

06 Apr 2017

frog974new wrote:nice one and very helpfull Re .
for anybody loving routing .

the FSB is pretty cool , there's some good quality patch . i've allready my fovarite ^^
Be carefull , i browse some few patchs and i notice there's 3 or 5 patch broken ( bad format or corrupted ) .
The other point , not all patch have the same volume
Thank you! We will look into the broken patches (none on our end when testing) and volume discrepancies.
ImageImageImage

teddymcw

06 Apr 2017

Just want to say this looks great at first look and since it's a collab between a very reputable dev and someone who knows their Reason I'm very excited just on principle. Love this kinda stuff, congrats!

Jmax

06 Apr 2017

Just tested it out.

Just have to say congrats! beautiful device. And the patch selection! we are spoiled. The GUI is easy to look at and love the controls. Will be purchasing later tonight.

J

Reasonistas
RE Developer

07 Apr 2017

teddymcw wrote:Just want to say this looks great at first look and since it's a collab between a very reputable dev and someone who knows their Reason I'm very excited just on principle. Love this kinda stuff, congrats!
Jmax wrote:Just tested it out. Just have to say congrats! beautiful device. And the patch selection! we are spoiled. The GUI is easy to look at and love the controls. Will be purchasing later tonight. J
Thank you both for the positive reception. We appreciate the feedback and support.
ImageImageImage

• Information