Is Expanse supposed to be like Serum? I downloaded the trial & hate it so far. What am i missing?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mreese80

30 Mar 2017

chk071 wrote:If you're looking for an emulation true and close to the real thing, you should be better off with either Legend, or Monark, than with Diva, because Diva only features certain aspects of the Minimoog, like an emulation of the oscillators, and the filter. Neither the parameter values, nor the envelopes, or other "accessory" is modelled on the Minimoog's, AFAIK. Diva on the other hand features a lot of other stuff, like emulation of the Korg MS-20 filters, Oberheim oscillators, and filters, or the JP-8000 oscillators, so, it's rather an allrounder in terms of emulation of various hardware synthesizers.
I have those but i don't have the legend. Trialed it today. Loving. I'm going to get this. I'll wait for May Madness because i want to get some other fx re's but i'm getting this for sure. Synapse nailed it. Can't believe i'm saying this but it sounds 100% better than arturia's minimoog v Warm and fat.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

Data_Shrine

30 Mar 2017

Ah, if I didnt already have Monark, I'd be all over The Legend.

Oquasec

30 Mar 2017

That reason 10 upgrade is pretty tempting.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

mreese80

30 Mar 2017

Data_Shrine wrote:Ah, if I didnt already have Monark, I'd be all over The Legend.
If i were you, i would get it man. I have monark, and diva. But this is a must have for reason. When i say they nailed it, they f#$ing nailed it man. This is true sounding analog. Talk about warm and fat...geez :D :thumbs_down: :re:
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

30 Mar 2017

scratchnsnifff wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
SYBRIX wrote:I personally love it! Just bought it and you can do a lot with it :)
That's cool. Like i said, i was just under the impression it was like serum. I was expecting a library of patches. That's where i went wrong. Me expecting it to be one thing and it's totally something else. This is probably why i've made the decision i have about it.
Check out the reason talk community refill :D Check out some of my patches under the scratchnsnifff folder (made some dubstep sounds :D)
I downloaded the refill. I'm gonna check it out in a bit. Thanks for the info man

theshoemaker

31 Mar 2017

mreese80 wrote:
Revise wrote:You are missing quite a bit, but maybe it's not your style of synth?

I don't think it is. I probably need to work on my sound designing with this synth
Depends on what kind of genre you like. I can't find anything bad on eXpanse. But as it is just an Hobby right now ... can't afford the upgrade + eXpanse... But will look forward to it
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

O1B

01 Apr 2017

Boom. Legend. What I was waiting for. Thanks! I'll give that a shot first. So many new ones/
Tried Antidote?

Priceless thread, btw. Love your fk'n Attitude.
mreese80 wrote: I have those but i don't have the legend. Trialed it today. Loving. I'm going to get this. I'll wait for May Madness because i want to get some other fx re's but i'm getting this for sure. Synapse nailed it. Can't believe i'm saying this but it sounds 100% better than arturia's minimoog v Warm and fat.
Now, I need a nap.

mreese80

02 Apr 2017

O1B wrote:Boom. Legend. What I was waiting for. Thanks! I'll give that a shot first. So many new ones/
Tried Antidote?

mreese80 wrote: I have those but i don't have the legend. Trialed it today. Loving. I'm going to get this. I'll wait for May Madness because i want to get some other fx re's but i'm getting this for sure. Synapse nailed it. Can't believe i'm saying this but it sounds 100% better than arturia's minimoog v Warm and fat.
Now, I need a nap.
Never got to try antidote. Always had problem's when trying to trial synth re's. they would freeze up. than when i would reattempt it always said trial expired. on the same i tried to trial it lol. When i'd tell props, they said they can't reset trial. they always find a way to say something is your fault.

Oquasec

02 Apr 2017

I rarely use trial versions, due to the whole project saving fiasco afterwards after the period's up.
Decided to learn more about sound design using synthedit but keeping reason for actual music production.

Studio one is pretty good for it's backing songs up feature as well.
Producer/Programmer.

joeyluck

02 Apr 2017

mreese80 wrote:
O1B wrote:Boom. Legend. What I was waiting for. Thanks! I'll give that a shot first. So many new ones/
Tried Antidote?

Now, I need a nap.
Never got to try antidote. Always had problem's when trying to trial synth re's. they would freeze up. than when i would reattempt it always said trial expired. on the same i tried to trial it lol. When i'd tell props, they said they can't reset trial. they always find a way to say something is your fault.
Sounds like the problem you were having is that you kept trying to access Rack Extensions that you were trying from their shop product pages.

As soon as you check out a Try license from the shop, the product page will say "Tried." Their is no status of "Trying." Your trials had not expired. If you have to re-download a RE you are trying, you have to do so from your account.

And within your account, you can see how many days are left on each trial. Next to each Rack Extension will show you "Times out on..."

mreese80

02 Apr 2017

joeyluck wrote:
mreese80 wrote:
Tried Antidote?

Now, I need a nap.
Sounds like the problem you were having is that you kept trying to access Rack Extensions that you were trying from their shop product pages.

As soon as you check out a Try license from the shop, the product page will say "Tried." Their is no status of "Trying." Your trials had not expired. If you have to re-download a RE you are trying, you have to do so from your account.

And within your account, you can see how many days are left on each trial. Next to each Rack Extension will show you "Times out on..."
you are tight but they expired. When i would go into my account they would be expired. I reported it to props and sent screenshots. they said they couldn't reset trials. guess they thought i was lying. i know they could've checked and seen that they got no usage Joey. But they just ignored my emails about it after that. It happened with Antidote and Hydronexus. I got to trial the one's i downloaded this week but i had to go into my account and see if they were there. This time they were. Still froze halfway but going into my account and downloading was a easy fix.

chimp_spanner

04 Apr 2017

Antidote is a real workhorse for me. It does a lot of things, and well. You can use it's virtual analogue oscillators to create pretty traditional sounds, and it's got nice features like phase lock and wave modifiers. But it's also got a handful of nice wavetables as well. Personally I'd like to see a few more. DUNE2 has loads, and also allows you to download new ones. Maybe Synapse could think about offering us WT loading what with the new SDK?

I also really love its unison section. It's like my go to for lush pads, deep reese basses and generally anything where I need wide, lush sounds. Wouldn't be without it, personally!

EnochLight

04 Apr 2017

mreese80 wrote:they said they couldn't reset trials. guess they thought i was lying. i know they could've checked and seen that they got no usage Joey. But they just ignored my emails about it after that. It happened with Antidote and Hydronexus..
Well, they weren't lying either - they can't reset trials for other companies. Synapse Audio and DNA Labs could reset your trial though (if you asked and made a compelling case). Other RE devs have reset trials before, but it's usually a broad "everybody got reset" when an update came out.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Kategra

05 Apr 2017

Din't knew what Serum was until recently, after all the talk about the new instrument REs released for R9.2.

I'm on R8.3.... and I wonder if there is any RE that requires R9.2 or stock synths that can do sounds like these free patches for Serum (in the vid below). I'm not into synthesis and I can only tweak some patches.... add some LFO to controll some movement here and there... but would like to have it all presents instead of building complex combinators for 20 minutes and have less time to program the melody\chords.
I like the patch from minute: 2:04 a lot!

Noplan
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2017

Karma. Probably you are batch too much about everything. doom loop.

EdGrip

05 Apr 2017

Noplan wrote:
I lol'd.

mreese80

06 Apr 2017

Noplan wrote:

That's something a batch were would say. doom loop.

Noplan
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2017

That's something a batch were would say. doom loop.

Oquasec

07 Apr 2017

It could just be a troll thread from a dumbass ignoramus or a legit one from a guy who forgot to reset his modem or something before trying out some RE's.
When I demoed parsec it worked fine and that was the most recent RE I got for reason :P
Still adjusting to Parsec 2 though since it added so much new stuff the look at.
Producer/Programmer.

mreese80

07 Apr 2017

mreese80 wrote:
Noplan wrote:

That's something a batch would say. doom loop.

• Information