Favorite Factory Patches

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
EthicistBeats

15 Mar 2017

I can't remember if it was on the PUF, or here, but there was a thread about every one's favorite patches from the factory soundbank ... now i do my best to search the Factory sound banks to find interesting sounds, or new effects, or new go to sounds and effects... but there's a lot! so i'm wondering what are some of your favorite intrument patches and effects patches - either combinators or native device patches - or new favorites?

I'll start with a few sub bass patches that always seem to be close to what i need when i'm looking for a thick subby hip-hop bass, and they're all in subtractor. They are: Chronic Bass, HyperBottom, and LA Street Bass. These are damn near simple sine bass patches but when you need that sound, these three patches will most likely be the right patch, every time.

Tell me a patch you've just found...or something you find yourself going back to all the time. Choose from either the factory soundbank, orkester, or the new Reason 9 soundbank.

Peace.

Peter

15 Mar 2017

I can't remember the exact name but it's one of the Thor brass synth patches. It might be Ultra Brass II. I like to use it to do a low octave sustained note for a dramatic feel. I just mess with the amp and filter envelopes and it's good to go.

Ostermilk

15 Mar 2017

EthicistBeats wrote:
I'll start with a few sub bass patches that always seem to be close to what i need when i'm looking for a thick subby hip-hop bass, and they're all in subtractor. They are: Chronic Bass, HyperBottom, and LA Street Bass. These are damn near simple sine bass patches but when you need that sound, these three patches will most likely be the right patch, every time.

Tell me a patch you've just found...or something you find yourself going back to all the time. Choose from either the factory soundbank, orkester, or the new Reason 9 soundbank.

Peace.
On the subject of sub basses two more (non-subtractor ones) I like are Janet Bass Processed a Malstrom based combi found in the FSB/Combinator Patches/Bass/Synth Bass and the 808 Bass - FP a Thor based combi which is in Reason 9 Sounds/Bass

EthicistBeats

15 Mar 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
On the subject of sub basses two more (non-subtractor ones) I like are Janet Bass Processed a Malstrom based combi found in the FSB/Combinator Patches/Bass/Synth Bass and the 808 Bass - FP a Thor based combi which is in Reason 9 Sounds/Bass
oh yea forgot about the janet bass, definitely used that before. and that 808 patch from the new soundbank is pretty dope as well, found that like the first 5 minutes of opening reason 9 :)
Peter wrote:I can't remember the exact name but it's one of the Thor brass synth patches. It might be Ultra Brass II. I like to use it to do a low octave sustained note for a dramatic feel. I just mess with the amp and filter envelopes and it's good to go.

cool peter that's a patch i dont think i've ever used. pulled it up [its just "ultra brass synth" in poly synths], and it started a cool little idea thanks... also, not to derail the thread, but what part of San Diego are you in? i live in north PB.

Peter

15 Mar 2017

EthicistBeats wrote:cool peter that's a patch i dont think i've ever used. pulled it up [its just "ultra brass synth" in poly synths], and it started a cool little idea thanks... also, not to derail the thread, but what part of San Diego are you in? i live in north PB.
Oh yeah that's the one. I added the "II" by mistake because there is actually another Thor patch called Synth Brass II that is pretty good too. :)

I currently live in Clairemont with my girlfriend but I grew up all around town. There is also a funk/house Reason producer and DJ who lives off the 8 next to SDSU.

https://soundcloud.com/laser-rot

Nice to know there are other folks in proximity.

bitley

15 Mar 2017

Still happy with "Amazing Lead" for Malström, a mono lead flute sound that I've used for lots of mellow tracks over the years. It can (and should) be tweaked. Play it legato style and add reverb. A Bitley™ contribution to the FSB; there's a few more as well. :)

JJGreen

15 Mar 2017

The NN-19's Nylon guitar.

Peter

15 Mar 2017

JJGreen wrote:The NN-19's Nylon guitar.
Ohhh sheeyit yep that is a good one!

teddymcw

15 Mar 2017

ID8 Jazz Semi Guitar
Forge Aimes
80s bass
80s pad
Juicer II

Karim
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2017

EthicistBeats wrote:I can't remember if it was on the PUF, or here, but there was a thread about every one's favorite patches from the factory soundbank ... now i do my best to search the Factory sound banks to find interesting sounds, or new effects, or new go to sounds and effects... but there's a lot! so i'm wondering what are some of your favorite intrument patches and effects patches - either combinators or native device patches - or new favorites?

Peace.
ID8 piano [emoji106]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Creativemind

15 Mar 2017

Warm Pad for Subtractor is a nice pad and the Trance Bass for Trance is good on Subtractor too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

EthicistBeats

15 Mar 2017

Wow Bitley, i had almost, literally, forgot about maelstrom, and the "amazing lead" made it all flood back to me - the early days in reason for me, when i could hardly play and that green monster was my friend tehe...

that nylon guitar is sooo nice ...

So many nice pads and classic bass sounds! ...

And i'll load up ID8 all the time, when i dont want to think about the patches and just create ...

keep them coming!!

JJGreen

15 Mar 2017

All the ID8 love is surprising. I think its about as useful as Audiomatic. That is to say, ID8 is of no use at all.

As for the ID8 pianos. They make me nauseus. I hope they discontinue the whole device in Reason 100.

EthicistBeats

16 Mar 2017

JJGreen wrote:All the ID8 love is surprising. I think its about as useful as Audiomatic. That is to say, ID8 is of no use at all.

As for the ID8 pianos. They make me nauseus. I hope they discontinue the whole device in Reason 100.
haha i use it more like a GM Patch of basic sounds to get some ideas flowing, just getting in the ball park, but they do get stale ... ferrsure

Tobi Rice

17 Mar 2017

spontaneously subtractors "hyper bottom bass" occurs to me...i use it since version3 or something.
Reason 3-10, Propulsion Drum Sequencer,
Synchronous, Synapse Antidote

Nektar Panorma P4, Push2

WongoTheSane

17 Mar 2017

You might be interested in a new video series made by Nooomy, called "Let's explore the depths of the FSB":

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7499572

There are 3 episodes already and it's quite interesting.

Right now, my favorite patch is Reason 9 Sounds/2 Bass/Acoustic Bass/Live Upright.

bitley

19 Mar 2017

Awesome! :)

sleep1979

14 Mar 2019

JJGreen wrote:
15 Mar 2017
All the ID8 love is surprising. I think its about as useful as Audiomatic. That is to say, ID8 is of no use at all.

There taken from reason pianos ( the piano patches so i dont get how there rubbish

sleep1979

14 Mar 2019

There used to be fav patches of artists on props webite are they gone ?

boingy

15 Mar 2019

I went through a phase of painstakingly auditioning every patch in every device and putting my favourite ones in several different faves folders.A while later I realised that a sound which makes you go "WOW! when heard in isolation is exactly the sort of sound that won't sit nicely in a mix unless you filter the filter/compress/process most of it out!

So now my faves consist of a few basses that sound fairly humdrum but behave themselves when you combine them with other stuff and a few simple leads.

And I'm also an ID8 piano fan. It's in my default template and gets used when I'm trying to make sense of chords/keys or work out a bass line or melody. It rarely makes it into the final mix. It's just a really quick way of working and the ability to switch the patch between piano, bass, stings and synth with a few clicks is a real time saver.

Mr. Watts

15 Mar 2019

Hyperbottom, Andean Pipe Flute? with delay disabled, hall piano, juicer 2.. just off the top of my head. There’s actually a great amount of usable patches in the factory sounbanks that I still stumble upon.

sleep1979

09 Apr 2019

And I'm also an ID8 piano fan. It's in my default template and gets used when I'm trying to make sense of chords/keys or work out a bass line or melody. It rarely makes it into the final mix. It's just a really quick way of working and the ability to switch the patch between piano, bass, stings and synth with a few clicks is a real time saver.
[/quote]

You know there reason pianos samples the id8 pianos right? I just wish there was a release button on them and two decent pianos right there

bitley

10 Apr 2019

No sustain pedal? I can't enjoy music without it.

botnotbot

10 Apr 2019

'Default Mastering Suite' is a nice patch for when you want to bounce out a rough working copy of your project with a bit of "mastering shine" but you've already used up just about all your CPU resources.

sleep1979

10 Apr 2019

bitley wrote:
10 Apr 2019
No sustain pedal? I can't enjoy music without it.
I do have one on my piano but thats not what i use with reason i got an arturia keystep and i dont have one for that

• Information