SALE STILL ON! QUCK!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

01 Jun 2015

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... &view=list

It's probably going to end any time NOW! So what to buy to make the most? Last ditch effort! There's actually not much left I want to buy all that bad. I'm thinking if I buy now it will be just to take advantage of the cheaper price. But despite this I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the DCAM Channel Comp for $15. I'm not really excited by compressors & EQ's at all. I tend to love sound sources & things that turn them upside down & inside out! But it's modelled after a FET apparently, which everything tends to get very excited about. Is this a poor man's FET (not meaning it's inferior to the SoftTube FET, but obviously a hell of a lot cheaper).|

Attachments
may-flash-sale-shop-banner.jpg
may-flash-sale-shop-banner.jpg (562.16 KiB) Viewed 1160 times

joeyluck

01 Jun 2015

I assume the sale will go until the beginning of business hours (in a couple hours) there today. That's my guess...

Faastwalker

01 Jun 2015

joeyluck wrote:I assume the sale will go until the beginning of business hours (in a couple hours) there today. That's my guess...
Most likely. Although previously sales have spilt over the proposed end date a little.

Already well into the 1st of June here in Aus, so I'm panicking to get in at least one more last ditch bargain ;)

electrochoc (PRX-A)

01 Jun 2015

Faastwalker wrote: https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... &view=list

It's probably going to end any time NOW! So what to buy to make the most? Last ditch effort! There's actually not much left I want to buy all that bad. I'm thinking if I buy now it will be just to take advantage of the cheaper price. But despite this I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the DCAM Channel Comp for $15. I'm not really excited by compressors & EQ's at all. I tend to love sound sources & things that turn them upside down & inside out! But it's modelled after a FET apparently, which everything tends to get very excited about. Is this a poor man's FET (not meaning it's inferior to the SoftTube FET, but obviously a hell of a lot cheaper).|
DCAM ChanComp is modelled after FET, and that's precisely why I got it in a previous sale... And this is a compressor that can change a sound pretty much! In fact, with DCAM ChanComp, you can raise the input sound by up to 40 dB and compress it dramatically with an attack of as low as 0.02 ms. That's far more than what the MClass Compressor can do, and means that you can make the lowest sounds of, for example, a beat to be really more present in your mix.

The Softube's FET is probably better overall (it has a couple of features DCAM lacks, like a lookahead), but, for a cheap alternative, DCAM ChanComp is indeed recommanded (by me at least!). I have DCAM EnvShaper, which is nice too! I'm telling you this because the bundle containing the three DCAM compressors is still only 28$ (regular price: 70$)!
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... cs-bundle/

Yep! The bundles don't appear on the May Madness page... I don't know why...
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

challism

01 Jun 2015

The sale price of A-list guitars just went away... looks like they are busy right now, working on removing all the sales... hurry, if you still need something.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

K1TTENM1TTEN

01 Jun 2015

The sale is officially over now, haha!

electrochoc (PRX-A)

01 Jun 2015

Impulsive last-minute purchase: Etch Red! :)

I don't think I will regret it... I tried it a long time ago, in a time when I didn't use filters a lot... But this now looks to me like a very fun toy!

challism

01 Jun 2015

Good purchase, and a steal at $25.  I'm sure you won't regret it.  It is one of my favorite REs.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

electrochoc (PRX-A)

01 Jun 2015

challism wrote:Good purchase, and a steal at $25.  I'm sure you won't regret it.  It is one of my favorite REs.
You're right! This thing looks really fun! I really didn't get it when I tried it three years ago! :D

K1TTENM1TTEN

01 Jun 2015

You're right! This thing looks really fun! I really didn't get it when I tried it three years ago!  :D
Haha, well if it makes ya feel any better, I still don't entirely get what Etch Red really does. But I certainly like the way it looks and sounds :-D 

Faastwalker

01 Jun 2015

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:The sale is officially over now, haha!
Damn! Missed out on the DCAM Channel compressor for $15.

I was waiting until I got home from work - Sale was still on when I left, over by the time I get home.

Will wait for the next sale ;) Probably won't be far off.

chimp_spanner

01 Jun 2015

Damn - I got paid today. Missed out! :frown:

• Information