PSQ-1684 v3.1.0 is in the shop! [Updates]

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Feb 2017

PSQ1684v3Front.png
PSQ1684v3Front.png (613.23 KiB) Viewed 8307 times
PSQ1684v3Back.png
PSQ1684v3Back.png (613.23 KiB) Viewed 8307 times
Lectric Panda is excited to present V3 of PSQ-1684.
  • Full SDK 2.5 overhaul
  • Deeper editing via menus
  • 24 slot modulation matrix
  • Drag to source and destination
  • 8 CV in / 8 CV out
  • Patch Support
  • New randomization abilities
30-day Trials have been reset, so try it again today:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/psq-1684/

V3 Manual update in progress...
Last edited by rcbuse on 10 Nov 2017, edited 2 times in total.

AzureEyes

22 Feb 2017

Job well done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Feb 2017

We have come a long way....

PSQ-1684 V1
PSQ1684v1.png
PSQ1684v1.png (409.83 KiB) Viewed 8292 times
PSQ-1684 V2
PSQ1684Front.png
PSQ1684Front.png (612.69 KiB) Viewed 8267 times
Last edited by rcbuse on 22 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

AzureEyes

22 Feb 2017

rcbuse wrote:We have come a long way....

PSQ-1684 V1
PSQ1684v1.png
The new menus are a fantastic addition. Can't wait to see these implemented in your other Res. Very nice workflow improvements

plasticfractal

22 Feb 2017

Are we going to get a "Lectric Panda generates" collection for this device? I would love to get a setup going and just swap out some different presets of see what kind of interesting results I can get.

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Feb 2017

plasticfractal wrote:Are we going to get a "Lectric Panda generates" collection for this device? I would love to get a setup going and just swap out some different presets of see what kind of interesting results I can get.
I usually put out those collections out for devices that do not have a randomization ability. PSQ-1684 has this internally, so you really just have to keep clicking one of the randomizers until you generate something you like.

Bumbum

22 Feb 2017

what happens if i still user version 8 ? will this replace the old version of PSQ or is there workaround to use still old version on PSQ even if i update rack extensions?
:O

and of course,this looks really good and i should update to 9 as soon as possible...

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Feb 2017

Bumbum wrote:what happens if i still user version 8 ? will this replace the old version of PSQ or is there workaround to use still old version on PSQ even if i update rack extensions?

and of course,this looks really good and i should update to 9 as soon as possible...
I'm not sure it allows you to upgrade if you are still on version 8. If you are currently running Reason 8 and running PSQ 2.0, that will continue to work.

plasticfractal

22 Feb 2017

Ok no problem. You had mentioned before that you were going to put out a generated collection for the psq (which I've been really looking forward to because this device has so much amazing potential). It would be nice to have a "randomize everything" button. Still a really neat device though.

AzureEyes

22 Feb 2017

plasticfractal wrote:Ok no problem. You had mentioned before that you were going to put out a generated collection for the psq (which I've been really looking forward to because this device has so much amazing potential). It would be nice to have a "randomize everything" button. Still a really neat device though.
Start saving for Version 9 man, going to miss out on some nice features! :D

tiker01

22 Feb 2017

rcbuse wrote:
Bumbum wrote:what happens if i still user version 8 ? will this replace the old version of PSQ or is there workaround to use still old version on PSQ even if i update rack extensions?

I'm not sure it allows you to upgrade if you are still on version 8. If you are currently running Reason 8 and running PSQ 2.0, that will continue to work.
If a user is logged in while browsing the shop s/he won't be able to download Re-s not working with the owned Reason version. I am not sure if this mechanism can only distinguish major versions (Reason 7, 8, 9) or point updates as well. I think it deals with major versions as point updates are free.

So no one using older versions of Reason will be able to download any Re made/updated with SDK 2.5+!!

BTW Mr.Panda I am trying to get hold of you via direct msg etc. Could you check if you get my msg and give me a Yes or No to the raised questions?

Cheers

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Feb 2017

plasticfractal wrote:Ok no problem. You had mentioned before that you were going to put out a generated collection for the psq (which I've been really looking forward to because this device has so much amazing potential). It would be nice to have a "randomize everything" button. Still a really neat device though.
Yea, that morphed into the internal stuff. I could generate 10,000 patches in one refill or just put that generation code into the devices itself and then its basically an infinite refill. The new randomize everything button is next to the patch browser.

chimp_spanner

22 Feb 2017

This gets a Billy D Williams out of 10 from me.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/ ... proves.gif

Exowildebeest

22 Feb 2017

Thanks for the trial reset! I didn't get much time in with demoing (so the following question may be out of ignorance):

I found it very difficult using PSQ in the sequencer, i.e. in building a full track, as it would either run continously or go out of sync. I had to resort to complicated CV setups or MIDI note triggering to get the thing to reliably run on the moments I wanted it to - and stop when I stopped the sequencer! Has this been made easier (i.e. can it behave like the Matrix behaves when drawing patterns in the sequencer)?

chimp_spanner

22 Feb 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:Thanks for the trial reset! I didn't get much time in with demoing (so the following question may be out of ignorance):

I found it very difficult using PSQ in the sequencer, i.e. in building a full track, as it would either run continously or go out of sync. I had to resort to complicated CV setups or MIDI note triggering to get the thing to reliably run on the moments I wanted it to - and stop when I stopped the sequencer! Has this been made easier (i.e. can it behave like the Matrix behaves when drawing patterns in the sequencer)?
I don't think it's really that kinda device. It's more like an analogue/modular sequencer in that it starts, and it stops, but that's about it. If you want a different pattern, you gotta turn knobs! Of course if you wanted to build a structured song using PSQ you could use the Players to record what's generated to MIDI, and save a patch per song section, and just move through the song that way. Tweaking, sending to MIDI, tweaking, sending to MIDI. But IMO I don't think that's really the "spirit" of PSQ :) It's supposed to be a kind of living, breathing, free-running thing.

Check out some of the Combinators that come with it - there are some gorgeous generative ambient patterns that you could easily build a whole piece around!

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Feb 2017

Exowildebeest wrote:Thanks for the trial reset! I didn't get much time in with demoing (so the following question may be out of ignorance):

There are a few options available.

You can run the master clock in 'Tempo' mode, which will sync the clock rate to the tempo of the track and then you manually or automate the run button.
You can run the master clock in 'Transport' mode, which will sync the clock rate to the tempo of the track and start and stop with the transport.
There are also two 'Free' modes which will just run at whatever clock rate you want.

That master clock drives everything else.

Bumbum

22 Feb 2017

tiker01 wrote:
rcbuse wrote:

If a user is logged in while browsing the shop s/he won't be able to download Re-s not working with the owned Reason version. I am not sure if this mechanism can only distinguish major versions (Reason 7, 8, 9) or point updates as well. I think it deals with major versions as point updates are free.

So no one using older versions of Reason will be able to download any Re made/updated with SDK 2.5+!!

BTW Mr.Panda I am trying to get hold of you via direct msg etc. Could you check if you get my msg and give me a Yes or No to the raised questions?

Cheers
thank you both for clearing this out !

chimp_spanner

22 Feb 2017

Panda - great work with this. Love the randomisation and deep menu settings. Really nice, and I hope to see a lot of other RE's get this functionality too!

One small question/request; is it possible to automate the quantiser assignment of each sequencer? I have 3 copies of the same quantise but with notes added/removed so that switching from 1-3 creates a really nice pattern but there's no way to automate this. I can control it from the mod-matrix but I'm not sure how to scale it or what to drive it with!

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Feb 2017

chimp_spanner wrote: One small question/request; is it possible to automate the quantiser assignment of each sequencer? I have 3 copies of the same quantise but with notes added/removed so that switching from 1-3 creates a really nice pattern but there's no way to automate this. I can control it from the mod-matrix but I'm not sure how to scale it or what to drive it with!
Unfortunately there are a limited number of parameters that can be automated and they are all used up on PSQ. So the mod matrix is the only way to go. I would suggest assigning a Knob Source 100% to the Sequencer's Quantizer. Set the Sequencer's QTZ to '---' for off. Then you can automate the Knob with the given values: 10 '---', 30=Q1, 50=Q2, 70=Q3, 90=Q4. You could Create a Clip Per QTZ

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 10.01.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 10.01.17 AM.png (13.21 KiB) Viewed 8129 times
Also remember you can send a note track to PSQ and play the quantizers like an instrument.

AzureEyes

22 Feb 2017

rcbuse wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote: One small question/request; is it possible to automate the quantiser assignment of each sequencer? I have 3 copies of the same quantise but with notes added/removed so that switching from 1-3 creates a really nice pattern but there's no way to automate this. I can control it from the mod-matrix but I'm not sure how to scale it or what to drive it with!
Unfortunately there are a limited number of parameters that can be automated and they are all used up on PSQ. So the mod matrix is the only way to go. I would suggest assigning a Knob Source 100% to the Sequencer's Quantizer. Set the Sequencer's QTZ to '---' for off. Then you can automate the Knob with the given values: 10 '---', 30=Q1, 50=Q2, 70=Q3, 90=Q4. You could Create a Clip Per QTZ

Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 10.01.17 AM.png
Also remember you can send a note track to PSQ and play the quantizers like an instrument.
This thing is so powerful man, My mind is blown. I created a short 16 bar hip hop groove in less the 10 minutes of just messing with this lol

Catblack

22 Feb 2017

The ability to save patches is absolutely awesome!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

electrofux

22 Feb 2017

Awesome stuff!

What are the new remote items you talked about in the other thread? Is there a new list?

ivar

22 Feb 2017

hi
are there now "ready to go" patches included ? the old version had nothing on board

regards
ivar

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Feb 2017

electrofux wrote:Awesome stuff!

What are the new remote items you talked about in the other thread? Is there a new list?
PSQ1684RemoteInfoV3.txt
(49.44 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

rcbuse
RE Developer

22 Feb 2017

ivar wrote:hi
are there now "ready to go" patches included ? the old version had nothing on board

regards
ivar
There are a few combinator patches in there showing how to hook things up, but its such an open ended device, the sky is the limit.

• Information