Can someone confirm

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MDTerps2015

31 May 2015

Do RE's work with automap 4. I just bought a new impulse from Novation because im too impatient to wait for mail order. I went to Guitar Center and they swore by it and im having all kinds of problems mapping RE's because either it doesnt work like it says it does or im just dumb. Can anyone confirm because im taking this sucker back if it doesnt. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Benedict
Competition Winner

31 May 2015

I took my Novation controller back because it didn't play some notes in Reason!!!

The bug was acknowledged but not actioned after a month so I'm not convinced Novation really support much outside of Live etc. I think their Reason support is lip service for sales & marketing.

If you otherwise like the controller and you are patient then you can make the Remote maps yourself.

Otherwise I think you will find the Nektar one of the few to actually deliver RE maps.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

MDTerps2015

31 May 2015

Benedict wrote:I took my Novation controller back because it didn't play some notes in Reason!!!

The bug was acknowledged but not actioned after a month so I'm not convinced Novation really support much outside of Live etc. I think their Reason support is lip service for sales & marketing.

If you otherwise like the controller and you are patient then you can make the Remote maps yourself.

Otherwise I think you will find the Nektar one of the few to actually deliver RE maps.

I think the same thing so i taking it back tomorrow as it is the second keyboard i bought from them that doesnt support RE's. What do you use by the way. Everyone swears by Nektar but i cant wait 3-5 days for it to come in the mail because Guitar Center doesnt carry Nektar. I just want RE support. 

Benedict
Competition Winner

31 May 2015

I ended up with a P6. In many ways it is overkill for me but it is a quality product through & through. The only real complaint is that the keys are really noisy. I am getting used to that but initially it is like that odd jangly thing you get with an electric guitar where you hear the strings over the amp tone.

Take your time, get the right thing. Or like I said edit the Remote files. It is pretty easy and if you back up the files will be one-off. Nektar update but new REs won't be there for a while.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

MDTerps2015

31 May 2015

OK I think im going to get the P4 and just wait it out. Im ordering right now

gak

31 May 2015

As I said in the other thread, necktar is the bomb with reason. Automap 4 is pretty lame. 

All I have is a impact 61 and I'm happy. Someday if I really feel like being "somone" I'll get the P6 :D  

MDTerps2015

31 May 2015

You know what???? I just watched a video on the P1 and I really like the look of the P1. Im debating on keeping the Impulse and getting a P1. Impressed with what the P1 does but i love the look and feel of the Impulse. 

gak

31 May 2015

Not the worst idea. I've thought of that myself.

I don't know how they are now but my impulse has really really strange autotouch. The black keys don't feel/respond the same way as the white ones and regardless of host I usually got a bunch of aftertouch messages that needed to be deleted after the fact.

MDTerps2015

01 Jun 2015

gak wrote:Not the worst idea. I've thought of that myself.

I don't know how they are now but my impulse has really really strange autotouch. The black keys don't feel/respond the same way as the white ones and regardless of host I usually got a bunch of aftertouch messages that needed to be deleted after the fact.
. Are you able to map rack extension on the impulse ????? If so how are you doing because I have tried and tried even doing it the way fretless demonstrated in his video. I got no results with automap 4.

• Information