Echobode's "Reverb" patch category

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tibah

29 May 2015

You may know already that Echobode has been dropped as a plug-in too.

In that video you will notice a folder called "Reverb" when showing the patches. The RE doesn't have that category so.

1. Does the plug-in has a new feature?
2. Will these patches come to the RE?
3. "Dude, it's just a different label, check your patches again!" :D

Not sure if Magnus is around here though or anyone knows anything. :)

Snugglepuff

29 May 2015

Off the top of my head I'd say that these new reverb patches you speak of my be related to the "smear" feature that was added to the VST that was not present in the RE. Someone asked and Magnus said he might update the RE but that the changes he wanted to make would break backwards compatibility or something. Plus he seems fed up with the platform.

On the Sonic Charge website it says you can contact him for a discount offer if you already own the RE. I want to pick up the VST but it's been well over a month and I haven't heard back yet.

EnochLight

29 May 2015

tibah wrote:You may know already that Echobode has been dropped as a plug-in too.

In that video you will notice a folder called "Reverb" when showing the patches. The RE doesn't have that category so.

You're a month late...   ;)

http://www.reasontalk.com/post?id=7385602

In a nutshell, the features are new in the VST.  Magnus has gone on record that they'll look into updating the RE version as well, but the GUI will need to be made larger and the audio engine has changed which breaks backwards compatibility (meaning - it would not be a free upgrade but a paid-for), and likely a separate device like ABL2 => ABL3 (though that's pure conjecture on my part).
Snugglepuff wrote:Plus he seems fed up with the platform.
He is missing some key features that he thought would appear by now, and the RE market turned out to be quite a bit smaller for their niche devices.  Not sure if that's the same, though.  He's still invested, just not high on the list of their priorities, me thinks.

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

muffins4all

29 May 2015

tibah wrote:You may know already that Echobode has been dropped as a plug-in too.

1. yes, the VST has new features that the re version doesn't have
2. The official word is "maybe", but I doubt it
3. contact them if you already own the re version, and they maybe just maybe will hook you up with a ridiculous, no-brainer discount price on the VST version :)

zeebot

30 May 2015

But with the routing options in reason simply add any reverb you want to echobode. I dont see the big deal about there being perceptively 'more' in the VST version.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

EnochLight

30 May 2015

zeebot wrote:But with the routing options in reason simply add any reverb you want to echobode. I dont see the big deal about there being perceptively 'more' in the VST version.
Try the VST version and go through the new factory patches, that's the best way to hear the changes.  That said, it's not reverb, it's:
  • The LFO now has 4 different shapes - sine, saw, square, and random
  • The filter now has a high-pass and low-pass option
  • The LFO now has an additional low-pass filter target option
  • There's been a "smear" function added
These things drastically change what you can do with it, and they are internally routed.  The new "reverb" category just draws upon these new features.  The audio engine has changed as well - it just sounds... different?  I don't know if I'd say "better", as the RE still sounds frigg'n fantastic to my ears.

It would just be awesome to have these new features - and the new patches - in the RE.  As it stands now, I have to use the VST in Studio One to take advantage of the new features, but I prefer to work in Reason, so bringing me "out of my element" irritates the shit out of me.   :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tibah

30 May 2015

Alright! Thanks for all the input guys! I thought I missed something more obvious than the LFO shape or the range knob including now MIDI trigger. :)

The thing about getting that exact reverb sound is the difference to just apply any reverb to it, because I'm sure it also opens up unique ways to change / modify that sound more drastically than an instance of Echobode just going into a reverb. Also, I liked that sound in the video a lot. :)  I *love* Magnus as a developer since I knew he developed Malström, all of his REs and all of his Sonic Charge plug-ins too. Maybe he will see a reason to get an Echobode 2 RE out. I would gladly buy this device twice any day!

• Information