Easy Ways to Record Windows Audio (Loopback)

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
GRIFTY

27 Jan 2017

What are some of the ways you guys are using Reason to record computer sounds on Windows? Like YouTube videos and media players and the like?

I use ASIO link from O-Deus audio on my big rig, but I want some different options for my laptop, because I'll mainly be using ASIO4ALL and the built-in sound card and that seems too sticky. Not to mention i don't want to purchase ASIO link again to use on my new computer.

So what are some work-arounds?

eoinoco

27 Jan 2017

Hi Grifty, I use Virtual Audio recorder by DDMF.
It's really simple to use and cheap too.

Eoin

http://ddmf.eu/product/

tiker01

27 Jan 2017

GRIFTY wrote:What are some of the ways you guys are using Reason to record computer sounds on Windows? Like YouTube videos and media players and the like?

I use ASIO link from O-Deus audio on my big rig, but I want some different options for my laptop, because I'll mainly be using ASIO4ALL and the built-in sound card and that seems too sticky. Not to mention i don't want to purchase ASIO link again to use on my new computer.

I think you can use it on more than one computer.

BTW I just started to use it and it would be nice to have some information on how to achive certain routings.Have you for example routed audio from your web browser to Reason with it?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

alex

27 Jan 2017

GRIFTY wrote:What are some of the ways you guys are using Reason to record computer sounds on Windows? Like YouTube videos and media players and the like?

You might want to take a look also at Jack Audio Connectio Kit:

http://jackaudio.org/faq/jack_on_windows.html

It's free (opensource) and it work with ASIO4ALL (tested one week ago on Windows 7 64bit with Reason9 and Room Eq Wizard).
The windows version/installer provides the "qjackctl" gui tool (the screenshots you see above) which makes the patching/routing things easier.

I was able to route the Room EQ Wizard output into Reason input and then Reason output back to REW itself in order to test frequency/phase response of plugins/eq and for doing other measurement tasks thorugh a test signal.
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

GRIFTY

27 Jan 2017

tiker01 wrote:

I think you can use it on more than one computer.

BTW I just started to use it and it would be nice to have some information on how to achive certain routings.Have you for example routed audio from your web browser to Reason with it?
asiolinkexample.JPG
asiolinkexample.JPG (28.38 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
so this is a picture of how it is set up.
also make sure that windows is using the ASIOVAD driver.

right click on the little speaker in your task bar, click "playback devices" and click on the ASIOVAD driver device. Click "set default"

now, if you set it up like in my screenshot (the green lines, ignore the red ones) whatever plays through windows will be running through inputs one and two in reason.

• Information