Question for RP verb users.....

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
gak

26 May 2015

When used as a bus (simple replacement of an RV7000) if favors the side you have panned. Usually, there is some kinda switch for this. But even detaching "mono in" it still doesn't behave like a bus reverb.

Any reasons why that someone can think of? 

gak

26 May 2015

Hmmmmmmmm.

Maybe I didn't explain this right...

Every other verb (including the synapse verb) if you put it the FX section to be used in a bus, has proper stereo spread. With RP verb, it's literally mono to one side if a track is panned that way. 

I'm either doing something wrong, or there is a problem with this. BUT since no other verb/delay I've used has had this problem in reason, I'm suspicious.

gak

26 May 2015

Any other delay/verb behaves properly. 

K1TTENM1TTEN

27 May 2015

I was going to ask if you had tried running two instances of RP-Verb (one for left and one for right) would solve this issue. RP-Verb does in fact act differently than some other reverbs (for example when you hit stop on the track when it is playing, it ends immediately). However, the mono behavior is something I have never ran into, but admittedly I have never ran it as a bus effect. Can you upload a song file with how you have it routed and I can see more directly what you are referring to?

gak

27 May 2015

Hi guys,

With any delay, verb or stereo effect the "send" signal should be full stereo on a bus. When you wire RPverb up in a send, it strictly follows the pan, which completely defeats the purpose of using a bus. 

The two versions would be too complex considering I already have RV7000, Synapse verb and they work as expected in the send department (plus it would eat cpu.)

I've decided to pass on this one. Thanks for the suggestions :)

BTW, I contacted support too ;)  

gak

28 May 2015

They said they would look into it. Will be interested in what shakes loose.

Olivier

29 May 2015

In general the routing icons on the back can give your an idea of a devices behaviour. For an overview on these scroll down down on this page : http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason82/ ... 47.01.html . you get to a heading called: Signal Flow Graphs.

Checking these on the back of RP-Verb should give an indication of the behaviour.........
Hmmmm... looks like they made up an icon ? :?

[edit] Cool... this forum accepts a copy/paste from the manual.... :)

| Graph
| Description

Can be connected as a mono-in, mono-out device.
(Of course, all effect devices can be connected in mono. However, if this graph isn’t shown for a device, this means that a mono-in, mono-out connection may not give the proper results).

Can be connected as a mono-in, stereo-out device. This means that the device creates some sort of stereo effect (e.g. a reverb) or a mono effect that can be panned.

If you connect both inputs and outputs in stereo, the two sides will be processed independently (dual mono processing).

If you connect both inputs and outputs in stereo, the two sides are summed before the effect processing. However, the actual effect is in stereo (and the dry signal will remain in stereo, if it is passed through the effect).

“True stereo” processing, or “stereo in - stereo out” processing. When you connect the inputs in stereo, each channel in the effect uses the signal information from both inputs. However, the inputs are not summed - the two channels are processed differently.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

gak

31 May 2015

That's awesome info man!

Ok, so here's the update (and it's "facepalm the gak day)....simply remove one of the inputs (feel free to throw tomatoes)

I don't get it. I tried that what seems like a million times (shrug) In fact, it's one of the first things I tried :x

Anyways, for whatever reason, it's working like a champ now. And since I had a little pay pal money left I bought it. 

Thanks to everyone!

• Information