JPS Harmonic Synthesizer in the shop. $79 US

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

anko

27 Apr 2016

4 core moderate power windblows box here and when i ran the trial of this synth it performed just fine. wish i wasn't too poor to snap it up at the mo tho. :'(

K1TTENM1TTEN

27 Apr 2016

Loque wrote:
damasio wrote:I have to complain about the ginormous CPU-load of this soft synth. JP UP YOUR GAME. A synth that maxes out cpu with one instance at 44.1khz on a 8 core MAC!!!! Take some course on parallel programming please.
Frustrating because it sounds really nice.
I am not a RE dev, but i think a RE dev caanot use parallel programming technics. Maybe there is a bug or you have a different problem.
I, too, am wondering if you have not just encountered a bug, or perhaps you are running an old octocore Mac? I am using a quadcore i7 and it barely hits two to three bars of DSP when I have it in supersample mode. In fact, even with some of the combi pad patches I made with some rather hefty effect patchwork going on, I still was well within that DSP range that I mentioned previously. :D

damasio

28 Apr 2016

I find this to be an overall problem with reason racks, they suck an insane amount of CPU.
I have to say, i'm still on reason 7.1 so maybe that is part of the problem.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

16 Dec 2016

The JPS Harmonic Synthesizer v1.1.0 update is now available:

— Added a velocity curve option (via back panel switch): Low curve/Linear (original default)/High curve

— The correct font is now used on the main control panel labels

— 50 new repatches, including the new Textures folder, plus a Pulsar-based Combinator for each of these extra patches in the new Combinators/1.1 Patches/ sub-folder.

— Bug fix: notes are now released correctly when using the "Dual Arp" Player in Reason 9+

— Signature repatches have been duped into the appropriate type folders for easier "by type" browsing

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/

On sale for only $39 until 2017/01/02!

Loque

16 Dec 2016

Great! Thx for the free update, JP!
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2016

Thanks for the update. It's always nice to see developers making improvements to their REs, especially when it's been a while since the initial release.

I haven't used JPS H S nearly as much as I would like to. There's been so many synths competing for my attention lately, but at some point I'd like to go back to it and have it be part of a project or something.

WongoTheSane

16 Dec 2016

Excellent news! Great synth, can't wait to try the new patches, thanks JP!

Dave909

16 Dec 2016

Bought! Damn crazy good sounding synth this is. Just started to play with it but im already in love!

Skullture

16 Dec 2016

Adore this synth, so glad I bought it awhile back. Good job JPS :puf_bigsmile:

jayhosking

16 Dec 2016

Hey, maybe this has been addressed, or maybe I'm just horrible at searching, but is this Acidman FX array in the photo a real thing? Checked the Prop shop and didn't see it. Having a simple unit like that would be really handy.

Edit: OK, I see a blurb about it on the JPS HS page, but is it a standalone RE that simply comes with the synth, or do the two always get added together?

VHS

16 Dec 2016

jayhosking wrote:
Hey, maybe this has been addressed, or maybe I'm just horrible at searching, but is this Acidman FX array in the photo a real thing? Checked the Prop shop and didn't see it. Having a simple unit like that would be really handy.

Edit: OK, I see a blurb about it on the JPS HS page, but is it a standalone RE that simply comes with the synth, or do the two always get added together?
I believe that is just the effects section of the synth. It has audio in/out though so you can feed whatever you want through it without using the synth part, but they are attached.

Catblack

17 Dec 2016

I saw you had this on sale and all the demos have been blowing me away. I'll have to try it out next week. Can you get audio into the dynamic filter and use that as an effect?
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Loque

17 Dec 2016

Catblack wrote:I saw you had this on sale and all the demos have been blowing me away. I'll have to try it out next week. Can you get audio into the dynamic filter and use that as an effect?
Yep, and its stereo AFAIR...
Reason12, Win10

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Dec 2016

Loque wrote:
Catblack wrote:I saw you had this on sale and all the demos have been blowing me away. I'll have to try it out next week. Can you get audio into the dynamic filter and use that as an effect?
The filter is stereo in the sense that both DHG 1 and DHG 2 (when filter-enabled) get their own filter, so that the oscillators remain independently pannable, although the filter values themselves are identical. But the external audio input is just routed to VCF 1, so it is mono via the VCF 1 output if using that output instead of going through the stereo effects chain and using the main stereo outs.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Dec 2016

jayhosking wrote:
snowcattt wrote:https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/

It's a single RE made to look like two devices released a couple of years apart in the mid-70s, as I thought it would be cool, and create a cleaner, more distinctive look. While it wasn't an intended reason as someone else pointed out, it's turns out it was also a handy trick that made the device feel like a more compact 7U instrument and look like a separate 2U device in the rack, rather than one big 9U monster. ;)

Catblack

17 Dec 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Loque wrote:
The filter is stereo in the sense that both DHG 1 and DHG 2 (when filter-enabled) get their own filter, so that the oscillators remain independently pannable, although the filter values themselves are identical. But the external audio input is just routed to VCF 1, so it is mono via the VCF 1 output if using that output instead of going through the stereo effects chain and using the main stereo outs.
I found I could trigger a filter sweep (up/down) with my keyboard while having an input come in on the VCF with the DHGs off. (I'm not sure exactly what I was trying to accomplish, other than to see what was going to happen when I run my guitar through the effects bank.) I am curious as to ... wait, it doesn't matter. I'm always curious about everything. I'll just play around more and see.

I'm totally loving the patches and presets. And the manual. And the sound.

Damn.

jayhosking

17 Dec 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote: It's a single RE made to look like two devices released a couple of years apart in the mid-70s, as I thought it would be cool, and create a cleaner, more distinctive look. While it wasn't an intended reason as someone else pointed out, it's turns out it was also a handy trick that made the device feel like a more compact 7U instrument and look like a separate 2U device in the rack, rather than one big 9U monster. ;)
I noticed later on that the 2U portion didn't have the expand/contract arrow, so it must all be one unit. Good design.

For what it's worth, I would have probably bought the effects rack separately. Now I guess I'll just have to try the synth too! :thumbs_up:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

13 Jan 2017

Update version 1.1.1 is now out, fixing a bug with velocity handling of Gate inputs.

esselfortium

13 Jan 2017

Nice, thanks for the update :puf_smile:

I've been having loads of fun with this synth! At first glance I mistook it for an organ sampler (not that there's anything wrong with that!), but as soon as I actually dove into it I found it to be an incredible retro synth with an inspiring and completely unique workflow, that's been getting me to all sorts of super interesting sounds and atmospheres. It really excels at Boards of Canada and Sinoia Caves type stuff, and I think I've only scratched the surface of it with that.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Catblack

13 Jan 2017

This has been my go-to synth all month. I love the range of sounds I can get with it. And all the presets are wonderful. Thanks for getting an update out! (Waiting for Chenille, you must be very busy!!)

Damn.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

13 Jan 2017

Catblack wrote:This has been my go-to synth all month. I love the range of sounds I can get with it. And all the presets are wonderful. Thanks for getting an update out! (Waiting for Chenille, you must be very busy!!)

Thanks.

Chenille 2 was approved this afternoon too actually, but I needed to update the shop thumbnail with the new look. Two hours later we're still all arguing about the colour scheme for it. "I like the teal", "oh, purple", "hmmm, gold is good!". My guys are meant to be narrowing it down, not picking one each! ;)

CampfireBurning

13 Jan 2017

I love this synth as well. A little tip I learned from our own Benedict Roff-Marsh: try cabling a little bit of soft random LFO into the each of the oscillators--one per oscillator--to turn the world's first digital synth into a very lively analogue-drifting monster.

chimp_spanner

13 Jan 2017

Yeah just to chime in with some love; great synth. It do retro and modern with ease. Comes with some fantastic presets too!

Mysterygrimms

13 Jan 2017

When I went to purchase this on January 1st 2017 the sale already ended, but I agree this is an excellent harmonic synthesizer and had lots of fun demoing this RE synth!

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

• Information