Remotemap for Behringer BCR2000

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Oenkenstein
RE Developer

29 Jul 2016

I like to share a Remotemap made for the Behringer BCR2000 with firmware 1.10 in default mode.

It contains mappings for all Reason 9 native devices, including the External MIDI Instrument (EMI), Audiomatic, Pulsar, Softube's Amp and Bass Amp and more than 150 Rack Extensions and Players.

The complete list of supported devices:
Ordered by the name of the Rack Extension.
Ordered by the name of the developer.

How to install:
1. Download and extract the .zip file: http://www.oenkenstein.nl/uploadmap/BCR2000.zip
2. For Windows users:
Make sure you can view the contents of Windows hidden folders in the folder options and open the file C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Behringer\BCR2000.remotemap with a text editor (Notepad).
For Mac OSX users:
Open the file Macintosh HD\Library\Application Support\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\BCR2000.remotemap with a text editor (TextEdit).
3. Select all text and delete the complete content.
4. Open the extracted file from the download and select all text and copy / paste it's contents in the original BCR2000.remotemap file.
5. Save the BCR2000.remotemap, when asked to overwite, please do so.
6. Power up your BCR2000 and start Reason.

Some devices have a lot of functions that exceed the physical limit of the 32 rotaries and 16 buttons on the BCR2000. The BCR2000 is mapped in such a way that all functions are accessible by using the back and forward Preset buttons.

Latest Rack Extensions added to the remotemap on 31-12-2017:
Rumble K1 Granular Synthesizer by Oenkenstein Audio.
Rumble K2 Player by Oenkenstein Audio.
Rumble K2 Player Light by Oenkenstein Audi
PSQ-1684 Pulse Sequencer by Lectric Panda LLC.
Last edited by Oenkenstein on 31 Dec 2017, edited 56 times in total.

jonheal

29 Jul 2016

Thanks for this generous contribution!
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

30 Jul 2016

jonheal wrote:Thanks for this generous contribution!
My pleasure! This forum shares news, goodies and knowledge. I have learned so much here.

I'll try to keep updating the BCR2000 Remotemap. Each time when devices are added to the map, I update the BCR2000.zip file and edit the original post here on the forum, adding Rack Extensions to the list.

Catblack

03 Aug 2016

This is really awesome!

You may want to change the version number and add a comment giving yourself credit. I've got to plug my BCR2000 in and give this a spin!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

07 Aug 2016

Catblack wrote:I've got to plug my BCR2000 in and give this a spin!
Nice, hope you like the mapping.

If anyone would like to have a Rack Extension added to the BCR2000 Remotemap, please let me know. There is a chance I haven't tried the requested RE already, so a map for the device could be made.

retango

07 Aug 2016

Thanks!
:reason: :rebirth: :re: :PUF_balance: :PUF_figure:

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

08 Aug 2016

retango wrote:Thanks!
You became member of the forum to say thanks. That is really cool. Thumbs up! :-)

retango

08 Aug 2016

Thanks again! after some years out of Reason (since 6.5), I recently decided to upgrade to 9, but found that the official forums are no longer there (why would Propellerheads do that?!). Luckily I found this site.. and also found out that my old BCR-2000 is still current, and thanks to your mappings I can easily use if with the Rack Extensions.. I know how such a hard and detailed work it is, so couldn't not at least say thank you for sharing it!
Oenkenstein wrote:
retango wrote:Thanks!
You became member of the forum to say thanks. That is really cool. Thumbs up! :-)
:reason: :rebirth: :re: :PUF_balance: :PUF_figure:

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

12 Aug 2016

retango wrote:(why would Propellerheads do that?!). Luckily I found this site..
I can only guess why it disappeared, but the mood on the PUF changed from helping others and giving information to personal attacks, misunderstanding and bans. Reasontalk is a great alternative: Good moderation, gentle people and lots of knowledge.

humanmode

12 Sep 2016

Oenkenstein wrote:
Catblack wrote:I've got to plug my BCR2000 in and give this a spin!
Nice, hope you like the mapping.

If anyone would like to have a Rack Extension added to the BCR2000 Remotemap, please let me know. There is a chance I haven't tried the requested RE already, so a map for the device could be made.

You are one awesome person for doing this - totally wonderful. This remotemap works fantastically, and covers heaps of kit.

I had just started poking around the remotemap trying to figure it out for some new REs I've got. I come from hardware, so I need the hands-on of BCR2000 to get the most out of them.

I'm not really clever enough for that sort of thing, so I could see it would take a lot of time and frustration - precious time I usually reserve myself for late-night music-making.

Here's the REs I have which I'd love to use with the BCR;

Kilohearts ONE
Blamsoft VK1 Viking
Korg Mono Poly
Korg Poly Six
AudioREalism ReDominator
Propellerhead PX7
Propellerhead Radical Keys
Rob Papen PredatorRE
Rob Papen Quad
Synapse Antidote

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

14 Sep 2016

humanmode wrote:Here's the REs I have which I'd love to use with the BCR;

Kilohearts ONE
Blamsoft VK1 Viking
Korg Mono Poly
Korg Poly Six
AudioREalism ReDominator
Propellerhead PX7
Rob Papen PredatorRE
Rob Papen Quad
Synapse Antidote
Thank you for your kind words and request.

Most of the requested Rack Extensions have been tried, so I can''t download them from the Propshop to make a remotemap. However, Rob Papen's Quad, the Korg Mono Poly and Kilohearts ONE will be added in a few days. I'll also send you an PM when it's ready for public download.

Just a tip in general:
When you activate Remote Override Edit Mode in Reason and then use the Preset Previous and Next button on the BCR2000, you can actually see how the buttons and rotaries are mapped for the device in the Rack. Great to record automation or to use the BCR2000 in a live setting.

humanmode

15 Sep 2016

Oenkenstein wrote:

Most of the requested Rack Extensions have been tried, so I can''t download them from the Propshop to make a remotemap. However, Rob Papen's Quad, the Korg Mono Poly and Kilohearts ONE will be added in a few days. I'll also send you an PM when it's ready for public download.

Just a tip in general:
When you activate Remote Override Edit Mode in Reason and then use the Preset Previous and Next button on the BCR2000, you can actually see how the buttons and rotaries are mapped for the device in the Rack. Great to record automation or to use the BCR2000 in a live setting.
Seriously, I really appreciate what you've done. It's a great contribution. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that tonight - it'll help me understand it better.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

16 Sep 2016

humanmode wrote: Seriously, I really appreciate what you've done. It's a great contribution. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that tonight - it'll help me understand it better.
I just uploaded a updated version of the BCR2000 remotemap. It contains three of the requested Rack Extensions:
Korg MonoPoly by KORG, Quad Instrument by Rob Papen and kHs ONE - Subtractive Synthesizer by kiloHearts.

ReasonUser

03 Oct 2016

How does this BCR2000 remote map compare to the panorama Px series of controllers?

I've got a P1 and find it quite fiddley jumping around the different menus. Plus the sliders on the P1 occasionally send "ghost values" which absolutely drives me up the wall when suddenly you find your volume levels are slightly (or drastically) changed.

Will the BCR2000 also control the SSL? What about transport controls, changing next/previous track, and changing next/previous patch?

jonheal

03 Oct 2016

The only weirdness I've ever noticed with my BCR2000 is that if I rotate the encoders really fast, the value of the control may not change proportionally. For me, this is pretty much a non-issue because I tend to make small, slow adjustments. And yes, it can control the SSL mixer. It can control any item that is automatable. (You can determine if that is the case by right-clicking on the control).

It can also move up and down tracks, devices and patches.

It's a fantastic little box, if a bit homely.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

04 Oct 2016

ReasonUser wrote:Will the BCR2000 also control the SSL? What about transport controls, changing next/previous track, and changing next/previous patch?
An other difference: The BCR2000 has no faders, only rotaries and buttons. For me it's an advantage as I do not like the sound of motorized faders, like on the BCF2000.

Here is a picture of the BCR2000:
BCR2000_Front.jpg
BCR2000_Front.jpg (534.52 KiB) Viewed 6757 times
The text on the labels shows which rotaries and buttons are assigned to the most common functions for transport, track selection, devices and the SLL Mixer.

The BCR2000 uses the preset < and preset > buttons to scroll through the 8 Remote Base Channels on the SSL Mixer.
It also provides 4 group encoders for compressor and master level, FX return level, FX pan and channel VU meter.
Last edited by Oenkenstein on 09 Aug 2017, edited 1 time in total.

ReasonUser

04 Oct 2016

Oenkenstein wrote:
An other difference: The BCR2000 has no faders, only rotaries and buttons. For me it's an advantage as I do not like the sound of motorized faders, like on the BCF2000.

Here is a picture of the BCR2000:

The text on the labels shows which rotaries and buttons are assigned to the most common functions for transport, track selection, devices and the SLL Mixer.

The BCR2000 uses the preset < and preset > buttons to scroll through the 8 Remote Base Channels on the SSL Mixer.
It also provides 4 group encoders for compressor and master level, FX return level, FX pan and channel VU meter.
Thanks for the pic and info! Yet only a few of the buttons and knobs on the pic are labeled. Is it also mapped for the reason devices at the same time (when you click on those)? What about external midi devices when you click on a EMI in the rack or track view?

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

07 Oct 2016

ReasonUser wrote:Thanks for the pic and info! Yet only a few of the buttons and knobs on the pic are labeled.
The labelled buttons and rotaries are mapped to the same functions on all devices and effects in Reason. The unlabelled ones, will be 'filled' as soon you set focus to a device or effect. There are just to many to label them all in the picture example.
ReasonUser wrote:Is it also mapped for the reason devices at the same time (when you click on those)?
Yes, but only when the BCR2000 is not locked to a single device. When you click in the rack or sequencer and set the focus to a device, the BCR2000 will follow and the map for the device will load in an instant.

The BCR2000 can only control one device at a time, but you can use the learn (device up) and exit (device down) buttons to scroll through the devices quickly. It follows the order of track lanes in the sequencer and sets the focus to record automation.
ReasonUser wrote:What about external midi devices when you click on a EMI in the rack or track view?
The EMI device is not supported in the BCR2000 remotemap yet, but with edit remote override mapping, it can be mapped to your likings.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

10 Oct 2016

humanmode wrote: Here's the REs I have which I'd love to use with the BCR;

Kilohearts ONE
Blamsoft VK1 Viking
Korg Mono Poly
Korg Poly Six
AudioREalism ReDominator
Propellerhead PX7
Rob Papen PredatorRE
Rob Papen Quad
Synapse Antidote
I found out that I do not have to try and download Rack Extensions to edit and update the BCR2000 remotemap for the requested devices.
So, here is an update of the BCR2000 remotemap with all your requested devices, except for Rob's Papen's Predator, which will be finished in a few days.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

13 Nov 2016

I just updated the BCR2000 remotemap again. It contains all free Rack Extensions now, including the great give away from Cakewalk, the RE-2A compressor.

The EMI device is also supported by the map.
It also contains the mapping for all the devices requested by Humanmode.

I am busy making an IDT, but I'll try to update the remotemap in 48 hours after the release of a new Rack Extension.

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

19 Nov 2016

Added all the Rack Extensions from the kiloHearts Toolbox today (18 devices).

In the past half year, I've added more than 140 devices to the BCR2000 remotemap and I want to thank user Koshdukai for the Reason9 remotables list, Noel G. for the Rack Extension Inventory and the Reasontalk Forum for the opportunity to share.

Thumbs up!

ReasonUser

28 Nov 2016

Awesome job!

Karim
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2016

Oenkenstein wrote:

Kilohearts ONE
Blamsoft VK1 Viking
Korg Mono Poly
Korg Poly Six
AudioREalism ReDominator
Propellerhead PX7
Rob Papen PredatorRE
Rob Papen Quad
Synapse Antidote
Thank you for your kind words and request.

Just a tip in general:
I own a BCF2000 is that compatible with the BCR?

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

01 Dec 2016

lemec wrote:I own a BCF2000 is that compatible with the BCR?
No, the BCF2000 is not supported. The BCR2000 remotemap only works with the BCR2000.

One way to use the BCF2000 with the new devices in Reason is to change the mapping with Remote Override Edit Mode and then save the Reason song. You also can put a device in a Combinator, assign rotaries and buttons and then use the Combinator preset, included in the original BCF remotemap.

Innerst

23 Feb 2017

Thanks alot Oenkenstein for this contribution to the Reason scene.

I am now playing with The Legend from Synapse Audio. Works perfectly with your mappings.

It is great having all RE knobs, sliders and buttons available from one controller.

• Information