Esoundz Sonic Refills for $5

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 May 2015

They have, hmmm, ... I'll just say that I have had fun with them but hardly use them nowadays.

I find the free community synth patches provide me with all the synthetic excitement I need and having purchased neosounds Fantom X and Triton "FACSIMILE" refill I tend to use that for my bread and butter sounds.

SR Gold have done fantastic patches, such as their mellotron, drums and guitar patches.

You will probably want to apply sound design principles to your patches rather than just using them as they come, plus they do provide hybrid patches that layer samples with Thor for added life, which when tweaked gives you plenty of value.

MDTerps2015

23 May 2015

Gosh I want that Miroslav so bad but i cant do the sixty bucks right because i just dropped 150 on rack extensions. 

150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 May 2015

Well I got all of mine at mega discounts, ...

Ultra Loaded, Miroslav and the Sonic Reality Gold Bundle :) Can't remember how cheap but I remember laughing all the way to the checkout ;)

Don't sweat it though, there's a great deal in Orkester that can keep you busy (note to self, reacquaint oneself with the FSB).

tibah

24 May 2015

Smells like quantity? I don't know them. Probably some good sounds to find, but also a lot of fillers, would be my guess. Hm. Dunno. $5 isn't that painful, maybe get one that attracts you the most and see how it turns out. Otherwise, pump up NN-XT with some free sound-fonts or other free stuff around the web, like the free Berklee sampling archive.

kitekrazy

26 May 2015

While looking at those I picked up Alan Parsons Imperial Grand Piano. I hope it sounds as good as the demos.

Dave909

26 May 2015

I got the monster drums and its so so. Some nice kits in there (combinators) but not a whole lot of good stuff. 5 euro isn't the end of the world of course, lol

psychasm

26 May 2015

Not too long ago they did a warehouse clearance, also $5 per dvd. Also this 5$ sale has been appearing and re-appearing for at least since the beginning of this year/end of last year. I got some of the original refill dvd's shipped for 10$ and it arrived within 2 - 3 weeks as expected and delivered straight to my desk at work. I thought that was extremely efficient. On the SonicRefill side I must mention that a lot of the instruments I have auditioned sound soft. This was mentioned somewhere before on this forum by another member already but $5 Per DVD and shipping all the way across to the opposite side of the planet I say I have received my money's worth. Just stick a comp after the audio-out or Selig Gain to bring the levels up to what it should be. I havent thoroughly investigated the entire collection as yet and cannot say whether or not some noise was introduced but am aware that you have to crank the gain most of the way up on Selig. Mcdsp Comps have quite a bit of makeup so all-the-way up on those would be too much and depending on which one you use(Mcdsp or whatever else you use), might also introduce a bit of character to the sound.

• Information