Saturation Knob on Electronic Drums?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2016

Yes I use it on drums all the time.
Lately I've been using it more and more on the master bus also, very very subtle though. It's so easy to go overboard and destroy the mix completely and for plenty of mixes it's better without it. But still it's nice to slap it on the master bus just in case it works for the track.

raccoonboy

15 Nov 2016

If anyone would like the saturation knob with 'make-up gain' I made this combonator which adds this. Note: You need pongasoft A/B swith and Groovy Melon Crossfade REs, which are both free)

It also has a wet/dry knob but I'd only recommend this if you don't mind a small 3-4 sample delay or if you have the VGM-01 sample delay to compensate.

8cros

15 Nov 2016

raccoonboy wrote:If anyone would like the saturation knob with 'make-up gain' I made this combonator which adds this. Note: You need pongasoft A/B swith and Groovy Melon Crossfade REs, which are both free)

It also has a wet/dry knob but I'd only recommend this if you don't mind a small 3-4 sample delay or if you have the VGM-01 sample delay to compensate.
8cros wrote: on 88200 - 192000. No delays and aliasing.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

raccoonboy

15 Nov 2016

Just did a google translate. At 88,000 and above no sample delay. I noticed this also. But didn't think to mention as last time I posted this nobody paid attention and wanted someone else to verify. Good to know :D

raccoonboy

15 Nov 2016

Hopefully at least one person gets use out of the make-up gain as a lot of people seem to find it annoying without.

8cros

15 Nov 2016

raccoonboy wrote:Hopefully at least one person gets use out of the make-up gain as a lot of people seem to find it annoying without.
... s=582b664a
You need permission

I have another patch. But I'm wondering what you were doing.
REASON RESONANCES

raccoonboy

15 Nov 2016

damn. Just allowed you permission, but accidentally deleted th efile. Will try find something to upload to that is open. On the train at the moment and it doens't let me on dropbox. Will hopefully get sorted soon

8cros

15 Nov 2016

Everything is normal. Thank you.
REASON RESONANCES

Creativemind

15 Nov 2016

Can I now have that in English lol! joke Will understand that one day.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

raccoonboy

16 Nov 2016

Appologies about the number of posts on this thread, was a little drunk last night. haha. D: and now here's one more.

• Information