Lectric Panda Generates Classic Devices: Alligator, Pulveriser, Scream 4, and The Echo [Free Refills]

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
TheGuyNotNamedBob

30 Oct 2016

How did you do these?

moneykube

30 Oct 2016

[/quote]Well, I haven't done one for Fritz just because it has the generator built in so it essentially has an infinite refill.[/quote]
ok cool... love Fritz :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

tybband

30 Oct 2016

rcbuse wrote:
tybband wrote:So has anyone actually tried all 40,000 patches?
Ha, I don't think anyone has that kind of time. When I use these, and the point of generating them, was to just open it up and jump to some random place, next next next next, find one you kinda like, tweak it a bit, done.
That was my point. If it's just random chance why not just open the device and spin the knobs? You've got about the same chance of finding something useful.

But hey, it's free

rcbuse
RE Developer

30 Oct 2016

tybband wrote:
rcbuse wrote:
tybband wrote:So has anyone actually tried all 40,000 patches?
Ha, I don't think anyone has that kind of time. When I use these, and the point of generating them, was to just open it up and jump to some random place, next next next next, find one you kinda like, tweak it a bit, done.
That was my point. If it's just random chance why not just open the device and spin the knobs? You've got about the same chance of finding something useful.

But hey, it's free
Pure speed in finding something interesting. Instead of noodling about tweaking one knob at a time, wandering though sonic space, you get blasted warp speed to the other side of the sound galaxy to something different. Now something like scream, sure, thats a simple device, but something like dual arp, the patches are wildly different. And for something like parsec or px7, I hear things that you never would have thought the device was capable of.

rcbuse
RE Developer

30 Oct 2016

TheGuyNotNamedBob wrote:How did you do these?
I use the programming language python and a bunch of custom software to create the patches.

MAL9000

30 Oct 2016

rcbuse wrote:
I use the programming language python and a bunch of custom software to create the patches.

Sounds like sorcery!!!! Burn 'em !!!!!!!!!

;)

TheGuyNotNamedBob

31 Oct 2016

rcbuse wrote:
Interesting. So it works with any device?

rcbuse
RE Developer

31 Oct 2016

TheGuyNotNamedBob wrote:
rcbuse wrote:
Well, each device has a custom format that needs to be taken apart. It also isn't just pure random, pure random parameters are usually unusable. In most cases, if you just randomize everything you end up with silence. So you have to generate things that make sense. If its a pad, make the attack and decay longer. If its a bass patch, make it a single voice and mono. If its a low pass filter, set the frequency in a higher range that isn't silence. If its a poly patch, you can't modulate pitch too much. If its a FX patch, go crazy with pitch modulation, etc. In the case of the Arp patches, you have to make interesting, music like patterns. Random just sounds terrible in that case. So I have a whole bunch of patch generation rules that get applied to guide the parameter generation, and each device I do its different.

TheGuyNotNamedBob

01 Nov 2016

rcbuse wrote:
TheGuyNotNamedBob wrote:
rcbuse wrote:
Well, each device has a custom format that needs to be taken apart. It also isn't just pure random, pure random parameters are usually unusable. In most cases, if you just randomize everything you end up with silence. So you have to generate things that make sense. If its a pad, make the attack and decay longer. If its a bass patch, make it a single voice and mono. If its a low pass filter, set the frequency in a higher range that isn't silence. If its a poly patch, you can't modulate pitch too much. If its a FX patch, go crazy with pitch modulation, etc. In the case of the Arp patches, you have to make interesting, music like patterns. Random just sounds terrible in that case. So I have a whole bunch of patch generation rules that get applied to guide the parameter generation, and each device I do its different.
Wow. How many sets have you done? Just these and the dual arp ones?

rcbuse
RE Developer

04 Nov 2016

TheGuyNotNamedBob wrote: Wow. How many sets have you done? Just these and the dual arp ones?
Quite a few, the ones that have been made public in red:

Alligator
Dual Arp
MonoPoly
Nostromo
Parsec v1
Polar
Pulveriser
PX7
ReDominator
Scream 4
Synchronous
The Echo

Ivoks

TheGuyNotNamedBob

04 Nov 2016

rcbuse wrote:
TheGuyNotNamedBob wrote: Wow. How many sets have you done? Just these and the dual arp ones?

Alligator
Dual Arp
MonoPoly
Nostromo
Parsec v1
Polar
Pulveriser
PX7
ReDominator
Scream 4
Synchronous
The Echo

Ivoks

I'm interested in the Polar one... How long till that ones public?

moneykube

05 Nov 2016

[/quote]
[/quote]
Parsec v1 ??? really???? I missed that one , where could it be found? also interested in polar and px7 if they become available
looked at your site and didn't find parsec one there but maybe I'm not awake yet

rcbuse
RE Developer

05 Nov 2016

moneykube wrote: Parsec v1 ??? really???? I missed that one , where could it be found? also interested in polar and px7 if they become available
looked at your site and didn't find parsec one there but maybe I'm not awake yet
I put it over in one of the parsec threads, but I'll do a proper one soon with more synths.

Lectric Panda Generates Parsec (148M)

moneykube

05 Nov 2016

rcbuse wrote:
moneykube wrote: Parsec v1 ??? really???? I missed that one , where could it be found? also interested in polar and px7 if they become available
I put it over in one of the parsec threads, but I'll do a proper one soon with more synths.

wow wow wow.... very quick.... thankyou very very much for all of these :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Skullture

05 Nov 2016

rcbuse wrote:

Very very cool! Thanks :)

rootwheel

02 Nov 2021

rcbuse wrote:
04 Nov 2016

Alligator
Dual Arp
MonoPoly
Nostromo
Parsec v1
Polar
Pulveriser
PX7
ReDominator
Scream 4
Synchronous
The Echo

Ivoks
Most now released but please release the rest if you can :)

challism

02 Nov 2021

These LP Generates... are so great! I love this series of refills. Looking forward to more in the future.

My favorite is probably Dual Arp... so many great patterns in there, I always find something useful and perfect when scrolling thru the patches.

My computer must be some kind of time machine.... these are the ones I have. Quad and Resonans aren't even on Panda's list! ha ha ha... spooky time warping computer of mine.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (57.48 KiB) Viewed 819 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

rootwheel

02 Nov 2021

challism wrote:
02 Nov 2021
These LP Generates... are so great! I love this series of refills. Looking forward to more in the future.

My favorite is probably Dual Arp... so many great patterns in there, I always find something useful and perfect when scrolling thru the patches.

My computer must be some kind of time machine.... these are the ones I have. Quad and Resonans aren't even on Panda's list! ha ha ha... spooky time warping computer of mine.

Untitled.png
Just realised that I've resurrected a thread from 2016; that's why Panda's list is missing some!

He's still not put the ReDominator one out in the years since though - it's one of my all-time favourite RE synths, so I'd really love to play on his patches for it. Here's hoping he can put the ReDominator ReFill out now mDSQ RE is completed :)

moneykube

02 Nov 2021

Ivoks !!!! hmmm... would like to see that one up :lightbulb: :exclamation: :thumbup:

challism

03 Nov 2021

rootwheel wrote:
02 Nov 2021
challism wrote:
02 Nov 2021

Untitled.png
Just realised that I've resurrected a thread from 2016; that's why Panda's list is missing some!

He's still not put the ReDominator one out in the years since though - it's one of my all-time favourite RE synths, so I'd really love to play on his patches for it. Here's hoping he can put the ReDominator ReFill out now mDSQ RE is completed :)
Oh... that explains the time traveling computer.... it's traveling to the past!

Yeah ReDominator and Ivoks would both be great to hear. I hope he releases them someday.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information