Reason files for Remixing - A small hello gesture

Have some .reason song files you want to share? Make sure to self-contain, specify Reason version and RE's used!
User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Hello!

I'm tincture from the props forums. It feels like there's an opportunity for a new start here so I thought I'd share some of my old reason files if you fancy remixing or improving them. All I ask is that you send me a link to any remixes you come up with so that I can have a listen :-)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Hopefully that links to a folder on my googledrive with the reason files in.

The files are old .rsn files and I chose these as there won't be any Rack Extension compatibility issues ;)

They will need converting to the new mixer though (or not, depending how you want to work) and will probably have some sound issues as they were made before I had monitors. But hopefully they have some musical worth that you can transform and mutate ;)

I hope they are all self-contained and don't need any refills but if they do just let me know and I'll sort that out. I do have a large collection of refills that I can maybe help people with (if they were free).

I never wanted to say much about my Reason past on the props site because I don't feel good about using Reason for free for many years. The thing is I would have never got into any computer music making if it wasn't for my long "trial period" of Reason and would never have bought so many Rack Extensions etc. I feel like a paid up member now and want to say I have loved Reason since R1.01 back in Dec of 2001!

I'd love to get more involved musically with this community so hopefully this will be a nice way to restart. I have a bit of a drink problem which means I have sometimes made ill advised posts at the weekend on the Props forum. I'll do my best to behave here. I am a nice guy most of the time :)

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

If anyone can tell me how to just show my soundcloud link (text) rather than the awfully huge player, I'd appreciate that ;)

User avatar
Namahs Amrak
Posts: 609
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Australia

Post 18 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote: They will need converting to the new mixer though (or not, depending how you want to work)
Being in the process of doing this myself with a lot of material, I can tell you that this sucks. But the good thing is that it brings me closer to each stem again, and I can do immediate tweaks or sound replacements so it's worth the effort if the material has potential.
My Words are my ART

User avatar
Emian
Posts: 715
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote:Hello!

I'm tincture from the props forums. It feels like there's an opportunity for a new start here so I thought I'd share some of my old reason files if you fancy remixing or improving them. All I ask is that you send me a link to any remixes you come up with so that I can have a listen :-)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Hopefully that links to a folder on my googledrive with the reason files in.

The files are old .rsn files and I chose these as there won't be any Rack Extension compatibility issues ;)

They will need converting to the new mixer though (or not, depending how you want to work) and will probably have some sound issues as they were made before I had monitors. But hopefully they have some musical worth that you can transform and mutate ;)

I hope they are all self-contained and don't need any refills but if they do just let me know and I'll sort that out. I do have a large collection of refills that I can maybe help people with (if they were free).

I never wanted to say much about my Reason past on the props site because I don't feel good about using Reason for free for many years. The thing is I would have never got into any computer music making if it wasn't for my long "trial period" of Reason and would never have bought so many Rack Extensions etc. I feel like a paid up member now and want to say I have loved Reason since R1.01 back in Dec of 2001!

I'd love to get more involved musically with this community so hopefully this will be a nice way to restart. I have a bit of a drink problem which means I have sometimes made ill advised posts at the weekend on the Props forum. I'll do my best to behave here. I am a nice guy most of the time :)
 
Way cool to see you here too, Zac !
 
Downloaded  the files i'll have a look at them & see wich one i'd like to remix. i even think we talked about remixing earlier on PUF , no?
 
i'll finish my collab with Peter (Lansford) first, then i'll have a go at it ;)
 
Thx in advance !!
 
Jan


"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

User avatar
Emian
Posts: 715
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote:If anyone can tell me how to just show my soundcloud link (text) rather than the awfully huge player, I'd appreciate that ;)
 
i dunno that, haven't posted a SC link here yet , the one in my signature i just typed .... :)


"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

wilson75
Posts: 8
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote:If anyone can tell me how to just show my soundcloud link (text) rather than the awfully huge player, I'd appreciate that ;)
Hi Zac,

try www(dot) before you insert the link.

User avatar
FATCheese
Posts: 196
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

I'll see what I can do with these files.


Don't get your hopes up! ;)

Thanks for sharing your files.


Eric.
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote: They will need converting to the new mixer though (or not, depending how you want to work)
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Being in the process of doing this myself with a lot of material, I can tell you that this sucks. But the good thing is that it brings me closer to each stem again, and I can do immediate tweaks or sound replacements so it's worth the effort if the material has potential.
It does suck, but for remixing I think it's not so bad as you usually want to put your own spin on things anyway. So maybe you might end up deleting a lot of my insert fx etc anyway. I think if you delete the old mixer(s) and highlight all devices in rack view then right click and choose "Auto-Route Device" this should connect everything up to New Mixer Channels. Just go through to check everything has routed as you expected to be sure ;) :)

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Emian wrote:
Zac Scott wrote:Hello!

I'm tincture from the props forums. It feels like there's an opportunity for a new start here so I thought I'd share some of my old reason files if you fancy remixing or improving them. All I ask is that you send me a link to any remixes you come up with so that I can have a listen :-)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Hopefully that links to a folder on my googledrive with the reason files in.

The files are old .rsn files and I chose these as there won't be any Rack Extension compatibility issues ;)

They will need converting to the new mixer though (or not, depending how you want to work) and will probably have some sound issues as they were made before I had monitors. But hopefully they have some musical worth that you can transform and mutate ;)

I hope they are all self-contained and don't need any refills but if they do just let me know and I'll sort that out. I do have a large collection of refills that I can maybe help people with (if they were free).

I never wanted to say much about my Reason past on the props site because I don't feel good about using Reason for free for many years. The thing is I would have never got into any computer music making if it wasn't for my long "trial period" of Reason and would never have bought so many Rack Extensions etc. I feel like a paid up member now and want to say I have loved Reason since R1.01 back in Dec of 2001!

I'd love to get more involved musically with this community so hopefully this will be a nice way to restart. I have a bit of a drink problem which means I have sometimes made ill advised posts at the weekend on the Props forum. I'll do my best to behave here. I am a nice guy most of the time :)
Emian wrote:  
Way cool to see you here too, Zac !
 
Downloaded  the files i'll have a look at them & see wich one i'd like to remix. i even think we talked about remixing earlier on PUF , no?
 
i'll finish my collab with Peter (Lansford) first, then i'll have a go at it ;)
 
Thx in advance !!
 
Jan
Hi Jan, nice to have a quick chat earlier. Very cool to see you here too man. I'd love to hear what you can do with any of these!

I need to figure out if there's a "multi-quote" option on this forum ;)

Maybe a little bit of info on each of the tracks might encourage people to have a look at them too?

Blindman Dub - a bass heavy dub style rhythm electronic track

Crack The Shell - perhaps best of the lot? Electronica with a couple of vox samples ... new drums please ;)

Fluoxetine - quite old but with lovely big pads, kind of ambient/electronic - the current drums make it more electro than ambient

Electro Damnation - again quite old and with very dodgy drums, I really like the melodies though, has potential I hope

Ionosphere - big ambient soundscape

On The Road - I like the melodies but needs changes to some of the synth sounds probably and new drums

Until The End - A song I wrote for a friend of mine that died that I've never been able to get good enough to publish properly. Piano and synth based, kind of sad and ballady. The velocities of the piano need sorting out/re-doing

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Zac Scott wrote:If anyone can tell me how to just show my soundcloud link (text) rather than the awfully huge player, I'd appreciate that ;)
wilson75 wrote:
Hi Zac,

try www(dot) before you insert the link.
Thanks, it looks like that's worked.

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

FATCheese wrote:I'll see what I can do with these files.


Don't get your hopes up! ;)

Thanks for sharing your files.


Eric.
Thanks Eric! Too late, hopes already raised, hope you have fun :)

User avatar
virtualpt
Posts: 42
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Hi Zac, nice to see you here. It's nice to see someone being so candid & honest. We all have problems of one kind or another :) I'll check these out, although I'm not feeling very inspired at the moment, had a tough year, but I'll get my mojo back at some point.

Take care
Paul

User avatar
FATCheese
Posts: 196
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Image
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

User avatar
eusti
Moderator
Posts: 2793
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

Good to see you here, Zac!

D.

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

virtualpt wrote:Hi Zac, nice to see you here. It's nice to see someone being so candid & honest. We all have problems of one kind or another :) I'll check these out, although I'm not feeling very inspired at the moment, had a tough year, but I'll get my mojo back at some point.

Take care
Paul
Good to see you here as well Paul, I hope this year is an improvement for you :)

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

FATCheese wrote:Image
Nice one Eric, I'll look forward to hearing that.

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jan 2015

eusti wrote:Good to see you here, Zac!

D.
And you Dirk :)

User avatar
FATCheese
Posts: 196
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jan 2015

It's coming along. But I'm not happy yet mixing wise. :roll:

It took the direction of a more dance orientated track.
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jan 2015

FATCheese wrote:It's coming along. But I'm not happy yet mixing wise. :roll:

It took the direction of a more dance orientated track.
Well, depending on what REs you used you could repost what you've done and myself and/or others could have a look at it. One thing that needed sorting out in my opinion was the velocities of the piano part, I think it just played too hard and could do with a bit of softening. The mix was the main reason I've never properly published it.

User avatar
Emian
Posts: 715
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jan 2015


Hi Zac,
 
since my collab that i had goin' is finished (see Music forum for details ;) ),i just wanted to let you know i chose "Electro Damnation" to put my hands on .

speak ya later !


Jan


"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jan 2015

Emian wrote: Hi Zac,
 
since my collab that i had goin' is finished (see Music forum for details ;) ),i just wanted to let you know i chose "Electro Damnation" to put my hands on .

speak ya later !


Jan
Hi Jan,
This ^^ makes me happy :) hope you have fun. I'll hopefully get chance to do some listening tomorrow.

User avatar
FATCheese
Posts: 196
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jan 2015

Check your PM Zac!
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

User avatar
Tincture
Posts: 938
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 23 Jan 2015

Great stuff Eric! Check your PM ;)

User avatar
weforgot...
Posts: 30
Joined: 20 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jan 2015

Hey Tincture (Zac),



Here is my Reimagining Of Fluoxetine 2011. I call it "We Forgot...Being with the Heart" 

It is off of my RPM Challenge test run. Made most of the songs within the last two weeks, with a few exceptions. Trying to get better at the uniform mixing, please excuse the rough edges. Next months album will be all new material.



Here is the full album if anyone is interested in listening. I really worked on writing lyrics for the first half of the album which I am pretty stoked on as I usually just improv them. (Lyrics can be read in the individual song descriptions)

Thanks Tincture for sharing your tracks. I have the reason track for your song if you or anyone else want to mess around with it. (It is a little over a gig with the vocals) 

I also might be interested in some help mixing and mastering if anyone feels that their ears could lend my music that special something. 

We Forgot...(Scott)



User avatar
Scoobyman II
Posts: 254
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Japan

Post 30 Jan 2015

Welcome Zac. I'd like to check these out, but up bit backed up on my own projects. I'll keep them in mind.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests