PreSonus- Product Launch-Live Webinar/Chat 20th May 6.30PM UK (13.30 EST, 10.30am PST) Studio One 3 ??? ;-)

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
The Intrancer

19 May 2015

Well, when it comes to music software releases, Propellerheads and it's users will be very curious to what is happening with other developers products, and to get a heads up on something special within their field of interest, so I'm posting here in the primary section Reason forum so people don't miss this event .      

We can tell you is that there definitely WON’T be any live performances, artist or developer interviews from around the world.

Joining us in the studio will be Presonus’s European product expert, Lee Boylan and special guest Russ Hughes from the excellent Studio One Expert / Pro Tools Expert websites. What we can tell you is that we be broadcasting about it in full 1080p HD quality, with a live chatroom and will endeavor to answer as many of your questions as possible during the broadcast.

…and of course there just might just be some prizes & exclusive offers up for grabs!
To chat during live show, click here http://www.scan.co.uk/shops/proaudio/webinar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DbIzmTrKhI 

AKA Scottym         
http://www.reasontalk.com/profile/3716617 
https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrieff-1 13 Tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/theintrancer 16 Tracks  
Independent views and advice-Digital CGI/Music Artist, Forum Stats & Links Extended- Embrace And Learn From What I Do Or Disengage, It's Your Choice, Life Is Getting Shorter - I've No Time For Cry Babies

gak

20 May 2015

OMG, I have to go to the presonus forum and see people freaking out :rofl:

Good on them if it's S1 V3, but we've been trolled by presonus so many times already, it's just tough to say. 

Frankly, I'm perfectly happy with 2.6.5 as a mixing desk. It's terrible as a writing tool these days because it's just to twitchy with vsts. 

joeyluck

20 May 2015

We can tell you is that there definitely WON’T be any live performances, artist or developer interviews from around the world.

Joining us in the studio will be Presonus’s European product expert, Lee Boylan and special guest Russ Hughes from the excellent Studio One Expert / Pro Tools Expert websites. What we can tell you is that we be broadcasting about it in full 1080p HD quality, with a live chatroom and will endeavor to answer as many of your questions as possible during the broadcast.

…and of course there just might just be some prizes & exclusive offers up for grabs!
The Intrancer wrote:
Ha! Could this be a small jab at Korg? I know many folks were displeased with the live stream reveal of the Arp Odyssey...with live performances lacking much use of the new products and lack of an up-close-and-personal approach/reveal. Or maybe that's the case with many live stream reveals? 

EnochLight

20 May 2015

It it's not at least partially about Studio One 3.0, I'll be pissed.   :t1465: :s0225: Although I just picked up Studio One last year, I'm starting to feel that its lack of updates over the past several years has relegated it to being a pet project for PreSonus that they may never fully commit to.  Still, it's a great DAW for my VST needs.  

I just really hope they update it this year.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

gak

20 May 2015

EnochLight wrote:It it's not at least partially about Studio One 3.0, I'll be pissed.   :t1465: :s0225: Although I just picked up Studio One last year, I'm starting to feel that its lack of updates over the past several years has relegated it to being a pet project for PreSonus that they may never fully commit to.  Still, it's a great DAW for my VST needs.  

I just really hope they update it this year.  
I'm pretty sure they are committed to the series, but they have been "long time comin'" with it. Again, if this is yet another troll KNOWING FULL WELL that people are foaming at the mouth about V3, then abandon ye all hope :rofl:  

QVprod

20 May 2015

Definitely Studio One 3. Already teased portions of it with the new controller and interface on the website. Question is; what else?

ahs

20 May 2015

... it is V3 maybe with slate as partner with the vrm as plugin.
maybe they introduce a monthly plan or show us how well V3 works with the new controller !?

don't know when the stream starts in germany but i think around 5 pm

ahs

20 May 2015

Something new and rather special is coming from PreSonus. All will be Revealed on May 20th, We just can’t tell you exactly what it is yet!
but this means a new software other than S1.
because S1 isn't new.

CharlyCharlzz

20 May 2015

i love the guys from Presonus , They have been more then cool with me helping me in various ways (with free stuff & support)

so yhea part 3 ..... free ?!??! :D   I bet you they bring a new Hybrid mixing console with more virtual and analogue options .

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

EnochLight

20 May 2015

Alrighty, so it's 3.0!!!  I just watched the new features video and the very Propellerhead-like "get to know our team" promo (HAHAHA)!  I'm liking what I see so far.  That said, perhaps this can be moved to the Kitchen Forum @Lunesis?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

QVprod

20 May 2015

Very Reason like features added, yet simpler. Macro controls, fx chains/splitting, multi instruments, note fx. Looks like the combinator has been matched if not surpassed. Heck even the Arranger seems like an improved version of Blocks.

joeyluck

20 May 2015

Were they even thinking about going past version 1 when they named in Studio One? Silliest sounding version naming ever lol!

EnochLight

20 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:Were they even thinking about going past version 1 when they named in Studio One? Silliest sounding version naming ever lol!
You must not own an Xbox then.  Going from the Xbox 360 right back to Xbox One was.. well, a little wacky.   :D  

That said, I think PreSonus took the name for Studio "One" from a typical recording studio naming convention.  In fact, there was a legendary recording studio in Jamaica back in the 1950's through 70's called Studio One.  

But yeah, the versioning always tickles me too when reading it. ;)

joeyluck

20 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:Were they even thinking about going past version 1 when they named in Studio One? Silliest sounding version naming ever lol!
EnochLight wrote:
You must not own an Xbox then.  Going from the Xbox 360 right back to Xbox One was.. well, a little wacky.   :D  

That said, I think PreSonus took the name for Studio "One" from a typical recording studio naming convention.  In fact, there was a legendary recording studio in Jamaica back in the 1950's through 70's called Studio One.  

But yeah, the versioning always tickles me too when reading it. ;)
Was there a version 2.3? There had to be!

I get the Xbox reference. But at least it isn't Xbox 360 2, or Xbox One 2. Haha.

I would just brand it 'Studio One v3' or even 'Studio One 3.0' helps. But they clearly like to tickle people and I guess some people like to be tickled lol

Attachments
Studio_One_3.jpg
Studio_One_3.jpg (109.14 KiB) Viewed 2668 times

EnochLight

20 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:Was there a version 2.3? There had to be!

I get the Xbox reference. But at least it isn't Xbox 360 2, or Xbox One 2. Haha.

I would just brand it 'Studio One v3' or even 'Studio One 3.0' helps. But they clearly like to tickle people and I guess some people like to be tickled lol

I'm looking forward to the Studio One 3.2.1 update that will inevitably be released!   :D  That said, I just upgraded from v 2.6 Pro to 3.0 Pro.  Another 15 Gigs of content and some sweet new features (many of which I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally wish Reason would freak'n get).  

Looking forward to playing with this over the weekend.  

QVprod

20 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:Was there a version 2.3? There had to be!

EnochLight wrote:
I'm looking forward to the Studio One
EnochLight wrote:3.2.1
EnochLight wrote: update that will inevitably be released!   :D  That said, I just upgraded from v 2.6 Pro to 3.0 Pro.  Another 15 Gigs of content and some sweet new features (many of which I
EnochLight wrote:reaaaaaaaaaaaaally
EnochLight wrote: wish Reason would freak'n get).  

You're in for a bit of fun. Upgrading as soon as I can... unfortunately gotta upgrade my graphics card to support OSX 8 or better first since Lion isn't supported. 

Excited though, Mainstage just became a lot more valuable $30 to me With Presence XT supporting EXS instruments. No need to buy Logic X anymore... plus the 15G of content... :s0221:

Gotta be honest , I may never upgrade Reason from v7 after buying this. I think the only advantage I see Reason having over it at this point is Kong, but that's more of a preference thing. Props would have to do something absolutely amazing with v9.

EnochLight

20 May 2015

The dark theme and the available colors in the sequencer looks splendid.  I wish I could darken Reason's sequencer and mixer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEf7lTY9TBA
QVprod wrote:Gotta be honest , I may never upgrade Reason from v7 after buying this. I think the only advantage I see Reason having over it at this point is Kong, but that's more of a preference thing. Props would have to do something absolutely amazing with v9.
I'll keep upgrading Reason.  It's still my DAW of preference due to the rack.  I just can't stop working that way.  That said, Studio One v3 is making it a lot easier to do things.

-008'

20 May 2015

Other DAWs news goes in the other DAW forum. Get this garbage outta my face ScottyM! :)
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

The Intrancer

20 May 2015

Well, the very first thing straight off the bat from the live stream I wanted was a colour customisable template savable GUI (2.5 light gray is now definable ;) )  provided by a new graphics engine, but not only that, it's scalable to 4K . Macro designer/ instrument network router thing for sound design is really neat, new polyphonic instrument synth and sampler with ability to use Bitwig patches and a raft of others, easy to use sequencer arranger menu and scratch sequencer page..new arpeggiator, effects and friggen STEP-time recording.. ala, takes me back to my old Sound Tracking Octamed days, great :) . New instrument menu with preview picture assignment and more... and many other things.

A long time coming since the last version but it's a pretty solid update all round.

AKA Scottym         
Independent views and advice-Digital CGI/Music Artist, Forum Stats & Links Extended- Embrace And Learn From What I Do Or Disengage, It's Your Choice, Life Is Getting Shorter - I've No Time For Cry Babies

tumar

20 May 2015

Upgrade price - 150 USD... Hard time for my wallet :)

https://www.jrrshop.com/presonus-studio ... v3-upgrade

Arsenic

20 May 2015

EnochLight wrote:....That said, I just upgraded from v 2.6 Pro to 3.0 Pro.  Another 15 Gigs of content and some sweet new features.
This is looking like a decent upgrade so I'll be upgrading my 2.6 pro as soon as I get the PC back together. £99 including applicable taxes is a good price - I'm just waiting for a replacement water cooling system to be delivered, but while it was down, I also ordered a couple of hard drives to replace some of the older ones that are currently in it.

QVprod

20 May 2015

The Intrancer wrote: ability to use Bitwig patches and a raft of others, 
I think you mean Logic exs patches. I believe the others are (unprotected) Kontakt, Giga, and Soundfont

The Intrancer

20 May 2015

QVprod wrote:
I think you mean Logic exs patches. I believe the others are (unprotected) Kontakt, Giga, and Soundfont

From 17.50 in the screencast the guy mentions that Presence XT will load bitwig sound libraries as well :) , his words. So patches within the sound libraries, is probably what I was recalling, by memory in my post.
AKA Scottym         

QVprod

20 May 2015

QVprod wrote:
The Intrancer wrote:

From 17.50 in the screencast the guy mentions that Presence XT will load bitwig sound libraries as well :) , his words. So patches within the sound libraries, is probably what I was recalling, by memory in my post.
Don't remember hearing that, and it's not one of the listed formats, but If it's true then great for Bitwig owners.

rvman

20 May 2015

I'll get it after I get a new beefy computer. I love and will continue with Reason, but I'm not going down the RE street.

Reason 9 better be totally mind blowing. For PH's sake.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

• Information