OchenK's Driver in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

-008'

18 May 2015

Nice one! a lot of us have been waiting for that :)
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

joeyluck

18 May 2015

I appreciate the compactness, but it's going to take some getting used to and memorization. What is S? It's Sync...wait, it's Sequencer...no, it's Saturation. What is R? It's Release, it's Resonance, it's Reverb, it's Rate... But having a synth that almost requires reading the manual isn't such a bad thing I guess  :)

Something like this would benefit from a free RE schematic panel that outlines the layout  ;)  Would be cool to have a folding panel that does this, but we know that's not possible at the moment. But a separate panel with info would be awesome!

ethday

18 May 2015

It's amazing!  Wow!  The sounds are really unique, really varied, seems pretty light on DSP.  Big, solid bass sounds.  And $39?  Sold.

pjeudy

18 May 2015

I've been waiting for this, because it's seems to do things differently!I've always looked at Driver like Synplant ..something different !
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Lizard

18 May 2015

Driver is fun to program BECAUSE it is different but at the same time very similar to traditional analog programming.  I like the interface and I can't see that there need to be a constant reference back to a manual or a schematic.  It is laid out pretty much in the manner you would expect provided you have some familiarization with programming.  May be even simpler given the chance as defining curves is much more visual than the standard knob/slider manipulation of AHDSR envelopes.  And though the controls are for the most part single letter that comes quick to thee programmer... V is Volume, P is Pan, PT is pitch and so on. If not we are rewarded with a quick hover of the cursor to answer our suspicions.  Over all this is fun to play with and get gets interesting tones.

EnochLight

18 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:I appreciate the compactness, but it's going to take some getting used to and memorization. What is S? It's Sync...wait, it's Sequencer...no, it's Saturation. What is R? It's Release, it's Resonance, it's Reverb, it's Rate... But having a synth that almost requires reading the manual isn't such a bad thing I guess  :)
Or, just roll over each button and see what the pop-up says!   ;)

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (124.68 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

18 May 2015

Lizard wrote:Driver is fun to program BECAUSE it is different but at the same time very similar to traditional analog programming.  I like the interface and I can't see that there need to be a constant reference back to a manual or a schematic.  It is laid out pretty much in the manner you would expect provided you have some familiarization with programming.  May be even simpler given the chance as defining curves is much more visual than the standard knob/slider manipulation of AHDSR envelopes.  And though the controls are for the most part single letter that comes quick to thee programmer... V is Volume, P is Pan, PT is pitch and so on. If not we are rewarded with a quick hover of the cursor to answer our suspicions.  Over all this is fun to play with and get gets interesting tones.
I do like the distinction between Pan and Pitch with 'P' vs 'PT.' That approach could be useful elsewhere on this synth to distinguish between Resonance, Reverb, Release, Sequencer Release, LFO Rate and Reset Curve—all which are 'R' currently.

joeyluck

18 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:I appreciate the compactness, but it's going to take some getting used to and memorization. What is S? It's Sync...wait, it's Sequencer...no, it's Saturation. What is R? It's Release, it's Resonance, it's Reverb, it's Rate... But having a synth that almost requires reading the manual isn't such a bad thing I guess  :)
EnochLight wrote:
EnochLight wrote: 
Of course I've been doing that, that's the only way I was able to know and reference their names for the example ;)

joeyluck

18 May 2015

Ochen, please consider this:

RV - Reverb 
RS - Resonance (or this could remain 'R')
RT - Rate
RL - Release
RC - Reset Curve

And this same method could be used to break-up some other redundancies. Why use it for Pan and Pitch, but not elsewhere?

Anyways, that being said... This is a small gripe for an awesome synth. This thing is capable of some amazing sounds!

EnochLight

18 May 2015

For $39 USD, this thing is incredible.  I will say, initially I was a bit miffed at the factory patches provided - but only because of their organization (or rather, lack of).  They sound great, but synth devs please take a cue from Rob Papen and Synapse Audio... FOLDERS!!!!

Also, as there are no integrated effects, this would massively benefit from a folder of Combi utilizing Reason's built-in effects.  Still, it's a testament to Drive in just how awesome it sounds dry.  

Well done, Ochen K - another fantastic RE!
Attachments
Captureq.JPG
Captureq.JPG (69.44 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Faastwalker

18 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:Ochen, please consider this:

RV - Reverb 
RS - Resonance (or this could remain 'R')
RT - Rate
RL - Release
RC - Reset Curve

And this same method could be used to break-up some other redundancies. Why use it for Pan and Pitch, but not elsewhere?

Anyways, that being said... This is a small gripe for an awesome synth. This thing is capable of some amazing sounds!
Sounds like a good idea to me ;)

O1B

19 May 2015

Pitchy-eu: … Great Patch.
w/ Faturator (Rvb to NOISE) and ROTOR (R. Guitar).. it's sounding spacey on MAC speakers.

Definite BUY.  my RISE-and-HIT-meister.

eusti

19 May 2015

O1B wrote:Pitchy-eu: … Great Patch.
w/ Faturator (Rvb to NOISE) and ROTOR (R. Guitar).. it's sounding spacey on MAC speakers.

Definite BUY.  my RISE-and-HIT-meister.
Glad to hear that you like the patch! :)

D.

Majestik Monkey

19 May 2015

Something like this would benefit from a free RE schematic panel that outlines the layout  ;)  Would be cool to have a folding panel that does this, but we know that's not possible at the moment. But a separate panel with info would be awesome!
Lol . . . . joeyL  is,nt half the Fun just Trial n error ? :s0106:  . . . . .

Majestik Monkey

19 May 2015

EnochLight wrote:
EnochLight wrote: 
Lol ' derrrrrr . . . . next question ?

Ocean of Waves

19 May 2015

Ochen K brings sexy back.

Majestik Monkey

19 May 2015

Im still convinced ' Ochen K ' is not of this World :s0230: His Wizzardry is Illuminating !

jugger

19 May 2015

Finally I'm able to get my own Teenage Engineering OP-1! And just for 32 euros!

No, wait...

joeyluck

19 May 2015

jugger wrote:Finally I'm able to get my own Teenage Engineering OP-1! And just for 32 euros!

No, wait...
I thought the same thing as well when I first saw it, but I guess it's only the design which was inspired by it?

On that note, it would be cool to see a plugin/RE version of that.

MirEko

19 May 2015

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/ ... ent-839841

So much hate from synthtopia readers.. :frown:
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

MirEko

19 May 2015

MirEko wrote:http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/ ... ent-839841 So much hate from synthtopia readers.. :frown:
joeyluck wrote:
Huh? 
I only see one comment and it isn't bad...
Huh interesting, synthtopia must have localised comments?

There's 15 on my link and almost all are negative
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (7.15 KiB) Viewed 1394 times

MirEko

19 May 2015

Anyway looks awesome and can't wait to trial this, thanks again ochen

• Information