Synapse The Legend Synthesizer is in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Shokstar

20 Sep 2016

This is a killer Synth, it's really great for EDM stuff and it has a unique filter included :) you'll get really fat sounds out of it, that's for sure :)

TheMiles

20 Sep 2016

First impressions: Awesome. Warm and thick sound, yet a crystal clear quality to it. The RE platform is going more and more on par with the best VST Synths. Wow! Go for it Reason!!

Zac

20 Sep 2016

It's great to have a Poly version of this synth. I think it sounds great. It's not the most flexible in terms of sound variation but what it does, sounds rich and fat.

I'm a little surprised Props allowed the delay and reverb to be on the back panel :shocked:

Song Competition?

Edit: Ok, I'm in love. It really does sound superb, soo fat. The filter really has some sweet spots. And it's so usable, I love the coarse tuning knob, really allows my small midi keyboard to noodle over the octaves nicely. One day it will be mine.
Last edited by Zac on 20 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

K.Markov

20 Sep 2016

it's beautiful! :puf_smile:

EnochLight

20 Sep 2016

If you're looking for an authentic Moog Model D emulation, with a ton of extras thrown in - look no further! Synapse Audio knocked it out of the park (again)!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

svenh

20 Sep 2016

It looks great and sounds great but why, oh why :?:, putting the delay and the reverb on the back panel?

winkie

20 Sep 2016

Man that thing is Dirty!

rcbuse
RE Developer

20 Sep 2016

svenh wrote:It looks great and sounds great but why, oh why :?:, putting the delay and the reverb on the back panel?
My guess would be so the same UI can be used as a RE and on an iPad. Those knobs look touch friendly.

Neo

20 Sep 2016

VK-1 revisited? with poly..

Sounds great.. Thank you Synapse

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/midimoog.php
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

EnochLight

20 Sep 2016

svenh wrote:It looks great and sounds great but why, oh why :?:, putting the delay and the reverb on the back panel?
rcbuse wrote:My guess would be so the same UI can be used as a RE and on an iPad. Those knobs look touch friendly.
Perhaps Richard will chime in, but me thinks it was due to space constraints. If it were put on the front, something would have to go which was not an option.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tumar

20 Sep 2016

Listening to youtube demo - great sound!

Reasonistas
RE Developer

20 Sep 2016

Can the OP please include the front and back image of the synth? Like so:

ImageImageImage

Loque

20 Sep 2016

Gotta check it out when i have time... First look seems there are not so many possibilities, but if the sound and presets kick my ass, i am in....
Reason12, Win10

rcbuse
RE Developer

20 Sep 2016

EnochLight wrote: Perhaps Richard will chime in, but me thinks it was due to space constraints. If it were put on the front, something would have to go which was not an option.
I would think that as well had he used the full 9 units available, but there is certainly a reason he choose to keep it in the aspect he did and not use the full 9 units the other synths use.

chimp_spanner

20 Sep 2016

Oh man. I love this. A lot.

Song challenge please? :)

Shokstar

20 Sep 2016

The GUI is vst compatible.

riemac

20 Sep 2016

I am glad that synapse is back in the RE market. And what a comeback!

Can somebody please commend about the CPU usage?

EnochLight

20 Sep 2016

rcbuse wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Perhaps Richard will chime in, but me thinks it was due to space constraints. If it were put on the front, something would have to go which was not an option.
I would think that as well had he used the full 9 units available, but there is certainly a reason he choose to keep it in the aspect he did and not use the full 9 units the other synths use.
Yeah, at the end of the day it's an awesome Moog Model D emu+, and as the original didn't come with effects, they're sort of a patch-preset bonus. Kind of makes quick design in-the-box possible. As for going full 9U, I would assume it just messed up the desired GUI/UX. That said, the reverb is awesome. Those familiar may hear a bit of a Lexicon 224's "Small Hall A" program. :) It would be great to have these controls at least automated. :(

pjeudy

20 Sep 2016

Noel G. wrote:Can the OP please include the front and back image of the synth? Like so:

I was just about to ask that !!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Reasonistas
RE Developer

20 Sep 2016

Zac wrote:Song Competition?.
chimp_spanner wrote: Song challenge please? :)
We're working out the details for the Synapse The Legend Synthesizer Song Challenge. Stay tuned.
ImageImageImage

chimp_spanner

20 Sep 2016

I've already started writing an entry! Inspiring stuff :)

jonheal

20 Sep 2016

rcbuse wrote:
My guess would be so the same UI can be used as a RE and on an iPad. Those knobs look touch friendly.
It looks really nice, but dadgummit, the left-most slider and right-most LEDs would barely fit in the enclosure, if at all.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Reasonistas
RE Developer

20 Sep 2016

jonheal wrote:
rcbuse wrote:
It looks really nice, but dadgummit, the left-most slider and right-most LEDs would barely fit in the enclosure, if at all.
Have you put it into a Combinator to verify? Ph wouldn't have approved it if any of the controls were not visible inside a Combinator.
ImageImageImage

Heater

20 Sep 2016

It's great that they also have audio in. I wish all RE synths had that.

• Information