Vibro Song Competition - Winners

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
hamzter
RE Developer

23 Aug 2016

Dear competitors,

Thank you so much for your time and your contributions! The quality of what you have produced is extremely impressive, so you've made selecting the winners very, very difficult for us.

The brief was to create a surprising, delightful and playful song that features Vibro, and this we certainly got! Here are the five songs we think fit that brief best (in no particular order):

Not only does this song pull off the feat of making Vibro sound smooth and orchestral (which can be tricky), it also introduces an interesting twist towards the end and becomes a celebration of sonic variation. Fits the bill perfectly!

This song sets the tone immediately. Relentless, powerful, and in your face, much like one imagines a zombie attack would be! The way it shows off some of Vibro's strengths is great, but the "guitar" solo at the end sealed the deal.

Unusual, playful, gritty. And incredibly funky to boot. Wow!

This song has incredible depth. It builds its sonic palette layer upon layer into a wonderful whole, and manages to do so without losing focus or clarity. Great stuff.

This song is an expedition into the uncharted depths of Vibro. It covers a huge range of timbres and manages to pull off some truly weird and wonderful tricks. Very inspired.

Once these top five songs were selected, we still felt that there were winners among the remaining entries. So here are five runner-ups (in no particular order):

The top five songs will receive licenses for all LoveOne products and the five runner-ups will receive licenses for Vibro. Congratulations! To claim your price, please make the Reason file of your song available to me at gustav.taxen@loveone.se.

Our sincerest thanks to everyone who chose to contribute.

/Gustav
Last edited by hamzter on 25 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Arrant
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2016

Congratulations to all the winners! Thanks for arranging the contest and very generous prizes :thumbs_up:

Zac

23 Aug 2016

Well done everyone, great songs and generous prizes. :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2016

Great tunes everyone.
Thanks to Soundlove for arranging a great song competition. I love these song challenges, they're awesome. It's always very interesting to see how different everyone sound despite using the same instrument.

alterEe
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2016

Such awesome songs and veeeery generous from LoveOne, indeed, thanks for such an awesome competition! Vibro turned out to be a very well-thought-out and much more versatile synth that I expected :thumbs_up:

Reasonistas
RE Developer

23 Aug 2016

Congratulations to everyone that won and participated.
ImageImageImage

Despondo
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2016

Thanks for picking my song as one of the winners! Vibro is an interesting device with many possibilities and will fill some gaps in my Reason rack. Congrats to all of the other winners and great job by all in writing some great songs with this device.

Benedict
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2016

OMG!!!!

I so didn't expect a win in this. I enjoyed making the track and using Vibro but because of the simplicity of the piece and non-Trance/Dub/Glitchness of the material, expected to hear no more.

For the interested, the chime sound that leads the piece is one patch that relies on the Morphing. The alteration is mostly subtle but allows to 'hold' the same motif for so long. As for sounding "orchestral", I actually found that easy, but I have been spending a lot of time working out how to get that sound and using Additives. Part II is definitely a surprise but just seemed necessary to show off some of the other things Vibro could do, as well as provide a counterpoint to the static Part I.

Congrats to all and thanks again.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Benedict
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2016

Here is a Combi Patch I made using all of the Love One REs I just got.

The video shows what the patch will sound like based on which of the REs you own. I have to say i am delighted to have each of these units on-board. I can already hear my next record being more "glassy" and granulated.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/686 ... %20All.cmb

Patch won't be there forever so grab it now.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

teddymcw

26 Aug 2016

All tracks were a great listen, thanks to all for creating such a fun time!

FLVZ

06 Sep 2016

Massive surprise to be a winner. Can not wait to build some really authentic stuff with the newly acquired devices. Thank You!!

• Information