The future of Step Note Recorder

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Neko the Jaguar

24 May 2015

I don't have any sound coming out. Any help would be appreciated.  I see the gate is flashing as it plays, but when I flip the rack over, the gate and cv outputs of the STEP are connected to the Subtractor Sequencer control gate and cv. The Audio Output of the Subtractor main, goes into the "from devices" on the combinator.  But nothing from the Combi output to anywhere.

buddard
RE Developer

24 May 2015

Neko the Jaguar wrote:I don't have any sound coming out. Any help would be appreciated.  I see the gate is flashing as it plays, but when I flip the rack over, the gate and cv outputs of the STEP are connected to the Subtractor Sequencer control gate and cv. The Audio Output of the Subtractor main, goes into the "from devices" on the combinator.  But nothing from the Combi output to anywhere.
Is the gate lamp flashing on Subtractor as well?

If you want, you can send the combi patch to info@roboticbean.com and I'll take a look.

Sinistereo

24 May 2015

Neko the Jaguar wrote:I don't have any sound coming out. Any help would be appreciated.  I see the gate is flashing as it plays, but when I flip the rack over, the gate and cv outputs of the STEP are connected to the Subtractor Sequencer control gate and cv. The Audio Output of the Subtractor main, goes into the "from devices" on the combinator.  But nothing from the Combi output to anywhere.
Do you mean the combinator outputs are not connected? Or are they connected to an audio channel but you aren't hearing anything?

Neko the Jaguar

24 May 2015

buddard wrote: Is the gate lamp flashing on Subtractor as well? If you want, you can send the combi patch to info@roboticbean.com and I'll take a look.
Sinistereo wrote:Do you mean the combinator outputs are not connected? Or are they connected to an audio channel but you aren't hearing anything?
Thank you for your time, but I figured it out. It needed an audio track.  The combinator outputs weren't connected to anything, so I created an audio track, and viola, "we've got bush, we've got bush".

buddard
RE Developer

30 May 2015

Step 1.0.1 is now going through beta testing as of yesterday! We're counting on a couple of days up to 1-2 weeks before we can submit the update, depending on how many bugs our testers will find.  ;)

Here's the feature list:
[*]All CV Thru connections now double as Outputs when nothing is connected to the corresponding input:[/*]
  • Clock Out sends clock pulses that correspond to the Shuffle and Gate Width settings, but will ignore rests and ties
  • Reset Out does exactly the same as the "normal" Reset output in the Outputs section
  • Mute Out will be "high" (1.0V) for the duration of each rest in the sequence (programmed or triggered via the Mute button), 0V otherwise
  • Transpose Out will send a pitch CV signal that corresponds to the Root Key + the current Transposition amount
[*]Added Tie CV Input + Out/Thru, let you sync ties between Step instances, or trigger ties using other devices such as Euclid, Matrix and Redrum[/*][*]Added Position CV Input + Out/Thru, let you "hard sync" playhead positions between two Step instances, or modulate the playhead position using another CV device -- This one opens up a ton of new creative possibilities![/*][*]Ties can be recorded by playing notes legato (i e overlapping them)[/*]
  • Also works when recording from Matrix using Emian's "combinator trick"
[*]"Double Stop" to position 0 in the main sequencer will now cause externally clocked Step instances to Reset[/*][*]Decreased the sensitivity when dragging Key, Octave, Root Key and Scale values in the display[/*][*]Added new read-only Remote objects for Gate Lamp and Current Step[/*]
We will be working on another update during the summer to try and incorporate more feature requests. It will probably to be released during early autumn or so.

eusti

30 May 2015

It's incredible that you put so much into your REs even after they have been released! Really good to see...
Now I just need to figure out how to smartly use this one in the context of my process... :P

D.

• Information