New Behringer synth: DeepMind 12

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Faastwalker

29 Jul 2016

At first I thought the name was a bit naff. DeepMind 12?! Bit unusual .......... then I decided unusual is good ;)

Great idea having an App to access functions & under the hood stuff. Maybe a software version as well?

elwoodblues914C5

29 Jul 2016

Now that we've seen the front face of this synth and in observing the screen,I would say that this synth would easily command a price of $2,000 and hopefully,no more than this.Also...considering that they have outside developers working on it,that would justify such a price tag.

joeyluck

29 Jul 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:Now that we've seen the front face of this synth and in observing the screen,I would say that this synth would easily command a price of $2,000 and hopefully,no more than this.Also...considering that they have outside developers working on it,that would justify such a price tag.
Outside developers?

elwoodblues914C5

29 Jul 2016

joeyluck wrote:
elwoodblues914C5 wrote:Now that we've seen the front face of this synth and in observing the screen,I would say that this synth would easily command a price of $2,000 and hopefully,no more than this.Also...considering that they have outside developers working on it,that would justify such a price tag.
Outside developers?
Well...there was some mention of some collaboration with well known and respected synth designers,working on this synth(which would explain the unusual name,of this synth.)

eXode

29 Jul 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Outside developers?
Well...there was some mention of some collaboration with well known and respected synth designers,working on this synth(which would explain the unusual name,of this synth.)
Never hard about that.

The synth is developed in house by MIDAS, with technology by KLARK TEKNIK, and TC Electronics, all of these who are part of MUSIC Group (Behringer).

elwoodblues914C5

29 Jul 2016

eXode wrote:
elwoodblues914C5 wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Outside developers?
Never hard about that.

The synth is developed in house by MIDAS, with technology by KLARK TEKNIK, and TC Electronics, all of these who are part of MUSIC Group (Behringer).
Okay....didn't realize Behringer was a conglomeration.

tumar

29 Jul 2016

Probably not, but, who knows? :P

"We've heard from an unconfirmed source the price will be around €500 EUR!!! Don't take this as definite though... personally I'd be very surprised if it's under €700 / $700. We'll let you know as soon as we know more... "

https://ask.audio/articles/behringer-de ... -its-alive

XysteR

29 Jul 2016

Beautiful sounding analog based on what I've heard from these videos. If they do a module/desktop version i'll go check it out in person on release - I just don't want to go back to having keyboards cluttering up the place.

decibel

30 Jul 2016

raymondh

30 Jul 2016

There's an interesting comment in one of the videos - about just how much impact the built in effects can have on the sound.

That's a really important statement, not just for this instrument but any synth - hard or soft.

Many people frown on some synths saying they have weak oscillators etc and are only good when the sound is processed by FX.

But maybe the FX chain is as much part of the sound design as the filter, rather than being considered the lipstick.

Apart from distortion and other creative effects, I almost always look at FX as as mixing tool rather than a sound design tool.
The comment in the video encourages me to try using standard effects like reverb, delay, compression and EQ more for creative sound design too.

The sky is the limit!!

joeyluck

01 Aug 2016

XysteR wrote:Beautiful sounding analog based on what I've heard from these videos. If they do a module/desktop version i'll go check it out in person on release - I just don't want to go back to having keyboards cluttering up the place.
Looks like it will happen!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/beh ... nth-640893

XysteR

02 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:
XysteR wrote:Beautiful sounding analog based on what I've heard from these videos. If they do a module/desktop version i'll go check it out in person on release - I just don't want to go back to having keyboards cluttering up the place.

Yay awesome, thanks for the heads up! - It looks pretty cool too. It sounds great in the videos, I can't wait to go hear it in my local music store :D

taddx

03 Aug 2016

Looking/sounding damn good, hope it will have Behringer price tag on it.

Faastwalker

04 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:

Interesting. Hope this happens. Would be cheaper than keyboard version no doubt. There was a rumour about a rack mount version as well but I'm guess the desktop version will be the right size for rack mounting with the rack ears as an option. I wouldn't mind that option as desk space is at a premium but I can certainly go upwards in the rack.

joeyluck

05 Aug 2016

Faastwalker wrote: Interesting. Hope this happens. Would be cheaper than keyboard version no doubt. There was a rumour about a rack mount version as well but I'm guess the desktop version will be the right size for rack mounting with the rack ears as an option. I wouldn't mind that option as desk space is at a premium but I can certainly go upwards in the rack.
Yup, it would be rackmountable:

So when you say "rack mount version," do you mean something other than this?
Or maybe something that is just the brain, kind of like the X32 Core? I just mention that because it is one of their products and does show form factors they may consider in a product line...

Something like that could actually have some interest since many potential customers are after something analog when it comes to hardware synths, but end up using it along with their software/computer anyways.

Faastwalker

05 Aug 2016

joeyluck wrote:So when you say "rack mount version," do you mean something other than this?
No, exactly that. Had not seen that image before. Wasn't sure if the desktop version was actually going to be rack mountable. That will be the go for me as desk space is in short supply + you would expect the desktop/rack version to cost a little less than the keyboard ;) .......... providing this is actually real. Has this version been confirmed?

joeyluck

05 Aug 2016

Faastwalker wrote:
joeyluck wrote:So when you say "rack mount version," do you mean something other than this?
No, exactly that. Had not seen that image before. Wasn't sure if the desktop version was actually going to be rack mountable. That will be the go for me as desk space is in short supply + you would expect the desktop/rack version to cost a little less than the keyboard ;) .......... providing this is actually real. Has this version been confirmed?
See the link above to the MusicRadar article that I posted with that first image. Those images were posted by Uli Behringer in a forum.
It sounds like he is gauging interest. But my guess is that with how diverse the X32 line has been, we would see some variation with DeepMind as well. But head on over there and be sure to let him know you're interested ;)

elwoodblues914C5

06 Aug 2016

I think this may be the source,behind the rumor of this synth having a price tag of $500; http://www.factmag.com/2016/08/01/behri ... i-details/

pjeudy

09 Aug 2016

Over on GearSlutz less than an hour ago, Uli Behringer revealed his recommended price for the DeepMind 12 as being just shy of $1,000. Yup, we're talking the good old, $999.99 USD. We don't yet know how that will translate into Euro and sterling. But stay tuned.
Here's what Uli said,"I have now made the decision to offer the DeepMind12 at a recommended sales price of US$999.99 (I have a feeling your dealer might drop the 99 cents)."

And what about availability? Uli continues that they "are planning to ship the first units towards the end of the year. While we will do everything we can do ramp up production, please be patient as we don’t know yet how we can fill all these backorders."
Uli explains it himself: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12064720-post4964.html
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

joeyluck

09 Aug 2016

pjeudy wrote:
Over on GearSlutz less than an hour ago, Uli Behringer revealed his recommended price for the DeepMind 12 as being just shy of $1,000. Yup, we're talking the good old, $999.99 USD. We don't yet know how that will translate into Euro and sterling. But stay tuned.
Here's what Uli said,"I have now made the decision to offer the DeepMind12 at a recommended sales price of US$999.99 (I have a feeling your dealer might drop the 99 cents)."

And what about availability? Uli continues that they "are planning to ship the first units towards the end of the year. While we will do everything we can do ramp up production, please be patient as we don’t know yet how we can fill all these backorders."
Uli explains it himself: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12064720-post4964.html
Uli is a wonderful guy and I have been a proud owner and user of Behringer equipment for years. That's a terrific price given what I have seen. I wonder then what the module version would cost...

Faastwalker

09 Aug 2016

$999!! Wow! That's pretty amazing. And it's not so bad in Aus right now either;

Won't buy though. Already hanging for the desktop version. Wonder how much that will be? Maybe $899?

Faastwalker

10 Aug 2016

pjeudy

11 Aug 2016

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

• Information