Vibro Song Competition (closed)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
hamzter
RE Developer

24 Jul 2016

Khalid wrote:Noted a cosmetic bug. When adding Vibro to a Combinator in Reason 7, the left side label is obscured by the rack ears
Noted! Thanks for reporting!

Best regards,
Gustav

swamptooth

25 Jul 2016

If we use vocal samples, can we pull them into nnxt or kong or do they just need to be an audio track?

Thanks! Fun synth -- took a bit to figure out, but it has a lot of nice features!

hamzter
RE Developer

25 Jul 2016

swamptooth wrote:If we use vocal samples, can we pull them into nnxt or kong or do they just need to be an audio track?
(edited for clarity) Yes, triggering vocal samples with Kong or NNXT is fine.

Best regards,
Gustav

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Aug 2016

A question to Gustav:
Is it ok to add sound effects/samples like water drops (in my case tuned to the root of the song), explosions, wind etc?

Despondo
Competition Winner

01 Aug 2016

Here's my entry:

All sounds are Vibro with the exception of drums and percussion.

hamzter
RE Developer

02 Aug 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:A question to Gustav:
Is it ok to add sound effects/samples like water drops (in my case tuned to the root of the song), explosions, wind etc?
Sure, as long as it's obvious they are sampled effects and not the "feature" of the song.

Just a thought, though: depending on what you're after, you might be able to use Vibro to get a tuned droplet-sounding sound. ;)

Try this: set the number of waves for the first oscillator to 4. Edit each of the waves (using the <custom> wave editor) and set five to six of the partials to random amplitudes and make sure that the partials aren't close together (use partial 1, 9, 24, 37, and 41, for example). That should give you a different-sounding bell-like timbre for each of the waves.

Next, set ATT to 0, the DEC to a small value (between 6 and 10 or so), SUS to 0, and REL to 0. You should now have a "click" or "blip"-like sound.

Then set the POS knob to 50 and go to the modulation page. Turn on slot 1, set the source to VOICE LFO 1, the amount to +100, and the destination to OSC 1 WAVE POS. Switch to the voice LFO page and set the type of LFO 1 to RANDOM. Set the AMT knob to 100. This will cause each note you play to have a different timbre.

To improve the sound, you can try using the same modulation technique (voice LFO set to RANDOM) to assign a random pitch and pan position to each "key press". You can also play with the effects - for example, try using a high-pass filter with a setting around 80 together with a delay set to ~1 sec and a feedback of 40.

You can also trigger your droplets from an RPG-8 or Matrix (or a Player if you have Reason 9).

Have fun!

Best regards,
Gustav

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2016

hamzter wrote:
TritoneAddiction wrote:A question to Gustav:
Sure, as long as it's obvious they are sampled effects and not the "feature" of the song.

Just a thought, though: depending on what you're after, you might be able to use Vibro to get a tuned droplet-sounding sound. ;)

Try this: set the number of waves for the first oscillator to 4. Edit each of the waves (using the <custom> wave editor) and set five to six of the partials to random amplitudes and make sure that the partials aren't close together (use partial 1, 9, 24, 37, and 41, for example). That should give you a different-sounding bell-like timbre for each of the waves.

Next, set ATT to 0, the DEC to a small value (between 6 and 10 or so), SUS to 0, and REL to 0. You should now have a "click" or "blip"-like sound.

Then set the POS knob to 50 and go to the modulation page. Turn on slot 1, set the source to VOICE LFO 1, the amount to +100, and the destination to OSC 1 WAVE POS. Switch to the voice LFO page and set the type of LFO 1 to RANDOM. Set the AMT knob to 100. This will cause each note you play to have a different timbre.

To improve the sound, you can try using the same modulation technique (voice LFO set to RANDOM) to assign a random pitch and pan position to each "key press". You can also play with the effects - for example, try using a high-pass filter with a setting around 80 together with a delay set to ~1 sec and a feedback of 40.

You can also trigger your droplets from an RPG-8 or Matrix (or a Player if you have Reason 9).

Have fun!

Best regards,
Gustav
Thanks for the reply. That was a lot to take in. I'll see what I come up with.

frog974new

04 Aug 2016

my first day with the Vibro .
Just browse the fsb and pick up some few patchs :).

first feeback after 3 or 4 hours on it , the vibro seems pretty cool .

Zac

04 Aug 2016

frog974new wrote:

my first day with the Vibro .
Just browse the fsb and pick up some few patchs :).

first feeback after 3 or 4 hours on it , the vibro seems pretty cool .
I love this song, great stuff!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2016

Well this is a rather strange combination of things: pumping drum beats, bluesy leads and jazzy interludes.
I don't normally write solos in my music, especially jazzy ones, but it happened here I guess.

Here's my entry:

VHS

06 Aug 2016

Started making a bass house song, somehow I ended up with this.

Noise
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2016

Here's my track for the Song Comp!

Can't add it to the group, I guess they are starting to remove this option : (

Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

14 Aug 2016

I am having trouble getting my song into the Vibro Soundcloud Group.
Here is my entry.... It ended at 4:20... Right on... right?

Every time I try to join the vibro soundcloud group it tells me this long old message
"
Groups are being removed August 22nd
As well as adding new features, we review existing features ........
"
Bla bla bla we all know what is happening. No big deal
So I press ok and..... Nothing! I didn't get accepted in the group so I am not able to submit my track :?
So is the group moderated to the point that I have to get accepted into the group? And then I will be able to submit my track?

Mystile

15 Aug 2016

well glad to see im not the only one having trouble adding to the group...i cant seem to join, i guess because of the changes soundcloud is making? but here is my entry

i made sure not to listen to anyone else's prior to finishing mine, i didnt want to be influenced in any way

hamzter
RE Developer

16 Aug 2016

Dear competitors,

It seems as if SoundCloud has removed the ability to moderate Groups (even though the feature will be active another week or so), which means that I have no way of adding your contribution to the playlist. :x

As a workaround, I would be grateful if those of you who cannot submit via the SoundCloud group instead post your song here (so everyone can hear it) and send a link to the song to gustav.taxen@loveone.se (to formally submit the entry to the competition).

Thank you!

Best regards,
Gustav

Reasonistas
RE Developer

16 Aug 2016

Hi Gustav, I'd like to recommend that you remove the multi SC code handler from your opening post and begin listing each song entry using the single SC code handler, as shown below. This will show participants that their song has been accepted and included in the competition.

ImageImageImage

alterEe
Competition Winner

17 Aug 2016

Here are my two songs for the competition, had lots of fun, thanks!

FLVZ

17 Aug 2016

Hi, this is my entry:
Found the synth to be full of fun sounds, particularly in the higher frequency regions :)

VHS

17 Aug 2016

You guys are killing it on this one. Great songs on here! good luck to everyone!

teddymcw

17 Aug 2016

Couldn't have expected to have so much fun with this synth, I found a lot of inspiration in just a few of the presets so this is mostly based off them. Started a bit late and unfortunately my track with much more custom patches needs a touch more love before the deadline closes, but happy to get this one in and keep playing!

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

17 Aug 2016

---
Last edited by AJ_3000 on 17 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

17 Aug 2016

My entry, emailed in as tried too late to join the group. With daylight saving in operation I am unclear about the time difference so I hope my submission is accepted.
Samples of percussion from R8 library and Drums and Percussion of Ancient Mexico ReFill, everything else comes from Vibro .
Last edited by AJ_3000 on 17 Aug 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Peter

17 Aug 2016

Last hour entry...figured I'd mess around with Vibro for a few hours today. One too many drinks for technicalities at this point but it was a fun session.

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

17 Aug 2016

VHS wrote:You guys are killing it on this one. Great songs on here! good luck to everyone!

I know right! Peeps are just rocking it with this synth. Great work everybody :) and great luck!

hamzter
RE Developer

18 Aug 2016

Dear competitors,

Thank you all for your great contributions!

I've updated the first post in this thread with the complete list of song entries. (Since I did this manually, please let me know ASAP if I accidentally forgot to add your entry!)

We will now sit down and listen closely to all the contributions. The winners will be announced in the ReasonTalk forum.

/Gustav

• Information