New Behringer synth: DeepMind 12

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

09 Jul 2016

I can't actually listen to the video right now, but let me know what you think!

This has been a long time in the making. First teased a while back that they were working on a synth.
With the quality of their recent products like the X32 line, I am optimistic about this; even if it's a different type of product.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

09 Jul 2016

Sounds pretty cool, they've been talking about this for a while so I'm glad to see its a reality. Wish they would've shown what it looks like besides the out of focus closeups, but they gotta build that hype I suppose!

gak

10 Jul 2016

I picture it in the closets and used sale bins everywhere soon! :lol:

Ahornberg

10 Jul 2016

no picture of the whole synth in this video :?

4filegate

10 Jul 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:no picture of the whole synth in this video :?
Yeah...it's a teaser.
Factory from China, the only-ones that know exactly = the behringer signature

MarkTarlton

10 Jul 2016

considering the names and talent in this video I can hardly wait to see it!

I am a fan of a lot of behringer stuff!

O1B

10 Jul 2016

Just picked up the XR-18 (exchanged the X-18)
after fiddling with the iRigMIX
HomeRUN on an 18inX18OUTtoDAW class compliant Audio Interface for the Price of Balance - with optional X-Effects.

I couldn't go back in time so I went with the X-Touch over the BCR2000…
The X-Touch in MackieMODE is seamless to me. The Knobs, Faders, and Text Strips are perfect.
An important missing element are FX send/return channels, but then there's the software, or another piece of kit.

Behringer's Hardware and Software integration takes advantage of WiFi (onboard XR-18 -see antenna) which rivals Native Instrument's tight USB-USB-USB-USB connections. The X-Touch, a few iPads, and Reason 9OS, are all talking to the XR-18. Nice.

Like I've mentioned earlier, if the Motor61 comes out before a $200 price drop on NI's S-61, I'm going with Behringer.

I wouldn't sleep on Behringer's Hardware. not anymore.

normen

10 Jul 2016

Yep, Behringer moved decidedly out of the "budget" area but they still deliver at unbeatable price points. This has been the case for a while now but since the X32 and the M32 came out they convinced me completely. The Lexicon emulations in the desk are flawless, I A/Bd with a 480 and it delivered. And the "auto" mode of the compressors is awesome, very "musical" (I hate that term ;)). Things like these are where you can tell if the people creating the hard and software have an idea about how they are used - and/or work in conjunction with experienced engineers. E.g. Yamaha makes very stable hard- and software but their compressors always sounded "meh". So yeah, remove any old crusts of "Behringer is bad" from your brain - these guys know what they're doing.

sentient.minority

10 Jul 2016

Bought a Behringer ADA8200 ADAT interface to expand my RME Babyface in's and out's, cannot fault it!

gak

10 Jul 2016

Mine are all dead. I don't think I'm alone.

Faastwalker

12 Jul 2016

I love the sounds in the teaser videos. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more. Be interested in the price point as well. I'm thinking $499 since its Behringer and now entering into a reasonably crowded arena. It wasn't long ago you were hard pushed to find a new analogue synth. Now they are everywhere. But if it's good and affordable it will really stand out.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 13 Jul 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Faastwalker

13 Jul 2016

Robbie seems impressed. Good sign.

Faastwalker

19 Jul 2016

We have a poly;

Faastwalker

24 Jul 2016

Well, what do you know. It's a 12 voice analog poly! :o

elwoodblues914C5

24 Jul 2016

Faastwalker wrote:Well, what do you know. It's a 12 voice analog poly! :o

I have to concede....that the more I hear from this Behringer synth,the more I am amazed and impressed...in fact,this is as good sounding as analogue gets.It's hard to speculate though...on what the price tag will be.My biggest concern,is durability and I expect a hefty warranty behind this product,if I am to buy one.

Faastwalker

24 Jul 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:I have to concede....that the more I hear from this Behringer synth,the more I am amazed and impressed...in fact,this is as good sounding as analogue gets.
Agreed. I really, really love the sounds in the video. Really nice stuff. Amazing actually.
It's hard to speculate though...on what the price tag will be.
Originally I thought it would be very affordable. Now it transpires its a 12-voice analog poly?! That idea went right out the window! I'm expecting this to be in the region of $2000 (Aus). Behringer I think are looking to raise the game here. A big ask as they are considered a 'budget' manufacturer. But how many new 12 voice analog poly synths are out there?! As far as I know only the Dave Smith Prophet 12, which costs a cool $5000 (Aus) & is an analog / digital hybrid. Maybe the Behringer sytnh will also be a hybrid but Behrigner confirmed in a Facebook reply that the 12 voices are analog.

elwoodblues914C5

24 Jul 2016

Faastwalker wrote:
elwoodblues914C5 wrote:I have to concede....that the more I hear from this Behringer synth,the more I am amazed and impressed...in fact,this is as good sounding as analogue gets.
Agreed. I really, really love the sounds in the video. Really nice stuff. Amazing actually.
It's hard to speculate though...on what the price tag will be.
Originally I thought it would be very affordable. Now it transpires its a 12-voice analog poly?! That idea went right out the window! I'm expecting this to be in the region of $2000 (Aus). Behringer I think are looking to raise the game here. A big ask as they are considered a 'budget' manufacturer. But how many new 12 voice analog poly synths are out there?! As far as I know only the Dave Smith Prophet 12, which costs a cool $5000 (Aus) & is an analog / digital hybrid. Maybe the Behringer sytnh will also be a hybrid but Behrigner confirmed in a Facebook reply that the 12 voices are analog.
The Prophet 12 goes for $3,000 here,in the U.S..So...I guess the price tag for the Behringer,will be in the neighborhood of $1,000 to $1.500.To quote Uli Behringer's words,his synth is a digitally controlled,analogue synth.

Faastwalker

24 Jul 2016

elwoodblues914C5 wrote:The Prophet 12 goes for $3,000 here,in the U.S..So...I guess the price tag for the Behringer,will be in the neighborhood of $1,000 to $1.500.To quote Uli Behringer's words,his synth is a digitally controlled,analogue synth.
hopefully you are correct. But I'm thinking the $1,000 to $1,500 (US) range might be a little ambitious.

I read a comment on FB, in relation to the number of voices, where someone said this was a moot point since the voices were digital. Behringer replied saying all 12 voices were analog. So presumably it's DCO's similar to what we have in the DSI synths? Who knows at this stage. Actually the whole VCO / DCO thing is a little fuzzy these days. Different synth manufacturers do things there own way. I think the norm tends to be analog voices that have digital control for stability. In a 12 voice synth this would be crucial less the thing would be drifting all over the place as the temperature changed, a common problem with early analog poly synths.

Anyway, hopefully we will have a price before to long. Will be very interesting to see where Behringer place this.

joeyluck

25 Jul 2016

If the price tags of the X32 consoles are any indication (which are extremely budget friendly for the high quality they offer), I would say the price tag of this will be very reasonable for whatever it is...

eXode

26 Jul 2016

A user (Blaise) on the sequencer.de forum has made a mockup based on the teasers.

elwoodblues914C5

26 Jul 2016

eXode wrote:A user (Blaise) on the sequencer.de forum has made a mockup based on the teasers.

A very nice interpretation,but I prefer to wait for the official product graphics.

• Information