Having problems loading scenes with padkontrol

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Goriila Texas

25 Oct 2015

Everytime I try to load a scene it says not connected but midi still works. Anyone else ever had a problem?

phasys

28 Oct 2015

Goriila Texas wrote:Everytime I try to load a scene it says not connected but midi still works. Anyone else ever had a problem?
I think I had something similar once. I remember it having something to do with the USB drivers.

raymondh

28 Oct 2015

RetouchRpk is pretty cool for improving padkontrol integration with Reason. The pads light up when the beat is playing :)

Goriila Texas

28 Oct 2015

phasys wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:Everytime I try to load a scene it says not connected but midi still works. Anyone else ever had a problem?
I think I had something similar once. I remember it having something to do with the USB drivers.
Nah, I'm up to date even downloaded again just to be sure. The last driver update was like in 2014 I believe. For some reason it keeps saying not connected.

Goriila Texas

28 Oct 2015

Goriila Texas wrote:
phasys wrote:
Nah, I'm up to date even downloaded again just to be sure. The last driver update was like in 2014 I believe. For some reason it keeps saying not connected.
Can't transmit or receive with software.

raymondh

29 Oct 2015

I would disconnect the PadKontrol, then uninstall the driver, powerdown your PC (not just reboot, physically power down and remove the power chord for a minute or two), then restart your PC, download and install the drivers and then finally, plug your padkontrol back in.
Try that.

Then if that doesn't work, then try your padKontrol on a different USB port.

I don't know if these will help, but it will should at least eliminate USB as the issue.

Could also try factory resetting the PadKontrol and starting again with the driver install etc.

Don't forget also to download and install the Scene Sets from Korg's website.

Goriila Texas

30 Oct 2015

raymondh wrote:I would disconnect the PadKontrol, then uninstall the driver, powerdown your PC (not just reboot, physically power down and remove the power chord for a minute or two), then restart your PC, download and install the drivers and then finally, plug your padkontrol back in.
Try that.

Then if that doesn't work, then try your padKontrol on a different USB port.

I don't know if these will help, but it will should at least eliminate USB as the issue.

Could also try factory resetting the PadKontrol and starting again with the driver install etc.

Don't forget also to download and install the Scene Sets from Korg's website.
Yeah I had to uninstall everything working now. What is the global midi data for never used?
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 31 Oct 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Goriila Texas

31 Oct 2015

Another thing I'm puzzled about is why I can't use the midi out cable straight to my triton keyboard? I have to use the usb and use midi out from FL studio to make it work.

raymondh

31 Oct 2015

The PadKontrol isn't all that intuitive to me unfortunately.

It was gathering dust until I installed Reason RpK. Now it's much better!

I do think the actual pads on it are really nice and playable.

jonheal

25 Jul 2016

I am resurrecting an old thread, but I am about to purchase this RpK thing and I have a couple of questions.

First, is loopMIDI the only other component required? The ReTouch web site was unclear. I have loopMIDI, but the web site sort of implied the Bome MIDI Translator was also required (another $30-60).

Second question, when using the padKontrol with the "Master Keyboard" scene, does the X-Y pad still control the pitch and mod wheels?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

kuhliloach

25 Jul 2016

I've traced the most common USB peripheral issues to lack of power. A proper powered USB hub can help ensure any USB device is getting enough power. Motherboard USB jacks can vary and so can those front panel jacks.

I'm a happy Korg padKONTROL owner and I never had any problems with Reason. I do use the Korg driver package available from their web site. My OS is Win 7.

Gorgon

27 Jul 2016

jonheal wrote:I am resurrecting an old thread, but I am about to purchase this RpK thing and I have a couple of questions.

First, is loopMIDI the only other component required? The ReTouch web site was unclear. I have loopMIDI, but the web site sort of implied the Bome MIDI Translator was also required (another $30-60).
Looks like it's free for personal use.

https://www.bome.com/products/miditrans ... ew/classic

Bome MIDI Translator Classic is the smaller sister of MIDI Translator Pro. It has the same powerful MIDI processing engine, but can only convert MIDI messages to other MIDI messages, or to keystrokes. Also, the rules and conditional MIDI translation are not available with the Classic Edition.

The Classic Edition is only available for Windows and it will not evolve anymore. It is free for personal use.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

jonheal

27 Jul 2016

Thanks for that info.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

• Information