M box 2 with Reason 9

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
standamike

20 Jul 2016

I'm trying to connect my M box mini to use with Reason 9 , but when I select the M box under the audio tab in the preferences, I get the red "X", does anyone know how to configure the M box so it works with Reason?....I have the latest driver installed for the M box.

AttenuationHz

21 Jul 2016

I use an mbox 2 mini as my interface and had a lot of trouble with in the past getting it to work. What you want to do is install the latest drivers Mbox 2 USB Family Drivers v9.0.2.65, presuming your on windows, they allow the mbox to function as a universal soundcard. The bad part about this though is it installs drivers for Devices you do not have but you can uninstall them manually. As you say your getting a red x on the device its because reason doesn't see the device driver you are selecting because you don't have it! I have to use the ASIO Digidesign Driver Mbox2 or MME Digidesign Mbox2 1/2 (di its the only ones the mini uses the rest are installed but have no interface! You can find the latest drivers on the Avid site here I was able to use the mbox on the beta of reason 9 so they should work. Whats your OS version?
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

standamike

22 Jul 2016

I'm running windows 7

AttenuationHz

22 Jul 2016

Ok do you have the most recent 9.0.2.65 drivers installed from the link in op.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

selig
RE Developer

22 Jul 2016

I've run an MBox 2 Pro for years now with Reason (don't even run PT on it anymore) with almost zero issues, but I'm on an iMac (could be the difference here). You should be able to get it up and running with the correct drives as noted above.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

AttenuationHz

22 Jul 2016

selig wrote:I've run an MBox 2 Pro for years now with Reason (don't even run PT on it anymore) with almost zero issues, but I'm on an iMac (could be the difference here). You should be able to get it up and running with the correct drives as noted above.
:)
Yeah definitely the mac! I could only ever run reason through the mbox when in rewire mode in pro tools. The pre .65 drivers for windows make the Mbox dedicated to Pro Tools only. .65 unlock the mbox to system sounds so its a generic audio device. But as I said I still get the X When selecting the other drivers .65 installs. Actually going to uninstall the other drivers now!

• Information