Vibro Song Competition (closed)

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
hamzter
RE Developer

20 Jul 2016

Dear songwriters,

EDIT: This competition is now closed. Many thanks to everyone who contributed! The complete list of entries is:
EDIT2: Forgot to add one entry to the list.

ORIGINAL POST: Version 1.1 of the Vibro Wavetable Synthesizer recently went live on the Propellerhead shop and we'd like to celebrate by announcing a song competition!

(EDIT: If you want to participate in the competition but used your 30 day trial license on Vibro 1.0, we will be happy to assign a 30 day beta test trial of Vibro 1.1.1 to you. All you have to do is send an email with your Propellerhead user ID to support@soundlove.se, we'll assign the license to you as soon as we can.)

Vibro was designed to be different and to encourage experimentation, so we will be looking for the five most surprising, delightful and playful songs that feature Vibro!

Here are the rules:

- Five individual winners will receive full licenses for all LoveOne products (Vibro, Neutron, BZR-1, and Phonetic) - no cash compensation
- The winning songs will be given the option of being featured on the Vibro product page in the Propellerhead Shop
- The judges decision is subjective and final (we will pick the songs we like most, given our own personal interpretation of the criteria above)
- Entries will be accepted from today until Wed 17 August 2016, 23.59 Stockholm time
- All entries must be added to the Vibro Song Competition Group on Soundcloud (see below)
- No entries may be updated after the competition closing date
- You must be prepared to provide evidence that the rules have been adhered to, including providing a copy of the Reason song file
- Collaborating with other people is allowed, but there can only be one formal entrant per song
- Submitting more than one song is allowed, but at most one of your songs will be selected among the winners

In your song, you may use:

- Vibro Wavetable Synthesizer for all synth sounds
- Any Reason and Rack Extension Effects and Utilities (including the effects sections of Reason synths)
- Any recorded and/or processed acoustic instruments or vocals
- Any drum samples or drum loops

You may not use:

- Any Reason or Rack Extension synths - except for Vibro
- External plug-ins (e.g., VST instruments or effects), or recordings thereof
- External hardware synths or effects, or recordings thereof
- Software outside of Reason that generate synth sounds, or recordings thereof
- Any recordings or samples for which you do not have usage rights (the Reason sound banks are fine to use)

To participate, please add your entry to the Vibro Song Competition Soundcloud Group. Please ensure that your entry is made public, and that we can contact you via SoundCloud (so we can let you know if you've won!).

Have fun!

Gustav and the LoveOne team

PS. We're serious about not allowing recordings or samples that you don't have the rights to. If you spot a competition entry where you suspect something has been used illegally, please send an email to gustav@soundlove.se!
Last edited by hamzter on 19 Aug 2016, edited 4 times in total.

Zac

20 Jul 2016

Hi Gustav, good to see a competition for this.

Unfortunately I've already used my trial (ran out 6th July). Any chance that you could reset trials (I believe it's possible now?) so that myself and people like me can try out the new version and enter the competition?

hamzter
RE Developer

20 Jul 2016

Zac wrote:Hi Gustav, good to see a competition for this.

Unfortunately I've already used my trial (ran out 6th July). Any chance that you could reset trials (I believe it's possible now?) so that myself and people like me can try out the new version and enter the competition?
Certainly! I will contact Propellerhead's license guys about that.

Best regards,
Gustav

tibah

20 Jul 2016

Exactly the same issue here. I usually start trials when REs as soon as they hit the shop, if I'm interested, like I did with Vibro. New features seem great btw.

Without spreading a negative vibe - in the 4 years that REs and the prop shop are around, there is not a single trial time reset I can remember.

moneykube

20 Jul 2016

new and improved... a must buy
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Reasonistas
RE Developer

20 Jul 2016

Hi Gustav, please make this thread a sticky and include a link to the Vibro Song Competition Soundcloud Group using these code handlers:

I will post this over at Reasonistas.

Thanks!
ImageImageImage

Arrant
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2016

Cool, gives a nice incentive to try this one :)

Here's the link to Vibro's shop page for convenience:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/

RhysHuntley89

20 Jul 2016

If possible, I too would like to be able to trial again so I can enter.

Username: RhysHuntley89

RhysHuntley89

20 Jul 2016

tibah wrote:Without spreading a negative vibe - in the 4 years that REs and the prop shop are around, there is not a single trial time reset I can remember.
I believe developers can give people custom trials ala beta testing, no?

Arrant
Competition Winner

20 Jul 2016

tibah wrote: Without spreading a negative vibe - in the 4 years that REs and the prop shop are around, there is not a single trial time reset I can remember.
Total trial reset has been done at least once or twice due to device upgrades. Can't remember which devices, maybe it was Predator which was heavily critized upon release for its DSP usage, and then improved later on.

boobytrap

20 Jul 2016

Once they respond to me, not rest trial even buy reason twice. My one month also over. First time a song challenge took long time to happen.
Fantastic device and sick joke.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

synclab

20 Jul 2016

NO Reason Sytnths? even if Malström is used as a filter? or Thor? processing Vibro
:essentials: :recycle: :adapted: :reason: :record: :reload: :rebirth: :puf_bigsmile:

Reasonistas
RE Developer

20 Jul 2016

synclab wrote:NO Reason Sytnths? even if Malström is used as a filter? or Thor? processing Vibro
I'm not hosting this song competition, but I should mention that historically we've allowed contestants to use native Reason synth to effect the audio (i.e. Malström's MODs via cv, Thor's filters, etc). Of course the decision is ultimately up to Gustav and the LoveOne team. Good luck to everyone.
ImageImageImage

synclab

20 Jul 2016

Cool have a great day Noel thanks for the quick response.
:essentials: :recycle: :adapted: :reason: :record: :reload: :rebirth: :puf_bigsmile:

hamzter
RE Developer

21 Jul 2016

Hi,
Noel G. wrote:Hi Gustav, please make this thread a sticky
I don't thinkI have the admin rights to do that, but I've asked the forum moderator to help me.
Noel G. wrote:I will post this over at Reasonistas.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Gustav

hamzter
RE Developer

21 Jul 2016

synclab wrote:NO Reason Sytnths? even if Malström is used as a filter? or Thor? processing Vibro
Using the effect section of any built-in Reason synth is fine. (I've edited the original post.)

What we're looking for is examples that highlight creative use of Vibro (in combination with effects and utilities). We're less interested in songs that, for example, use Vibro as a low-volume background pad underneath sounds made by other synths, or use it as a special effect once in a song. I'm sure Vibro can be useful for such things too, but that's not really in the spirit of this competition challenge.

Best regards,
Gustav

hamzter
RE Developer

21 Jul 2016

boobytrap wrote:My one month also over. First time a song challenge took long time to happen.
Fantastic device and sick joke.
I'm sorry if my original post comes across as a sick joke - that wasn't the intention at all.

Arranging a competition was suggested by one of my Vibro testers and I had simply forgot that updating a product doesn't reset trials. In hindsight, I should have checked this with Propellerhead's licensing guys before announcing. My apologies for that.

Best regards,
Gustav

hamzter
RE Developer

21 Jul 2016

RhysHuntley89 wrote:I believe developers can give people custom trials ala beta testing, no?
In theory, yes. If a full trial reset turns out to be impossible, I'll look into this option.

Best regards,
Gustav

Zac

21 Jul 2016

Thanks for all your efforts Gustav. I'll be on this in a flash if trials get reset by propellerhead. Either way, I'll be listening to what everyone comes up with, I really like the things you've done in v1.1.

hamzter
RE Developer

21 Jul 2016

I've been in contact with Propellerhead about the trial reset and things look bleak I'm afraid.

So here's what we'll do: A bug has been found in Vibro 1.1.0 that causes it to blow the fuse when mutating/randomizing/interpolating some of the built-in patches. I have built a 1.1.1 that fixes this problem, and I'll be happy to assign a beta test license to anyone who wants to join the song challenge. (The beta test license is valid for 30 days from the day you receive it.)

If you want the test license, please send an email with your Propellerhead user name to support@soundlove.se.

Zac

21 Jul 2016

This is much appreciated. I've just done that. Sorry you'll have some to do manually but hopefully it will pay off with the creative offerings :)

Zac

23 Jul 2016

Pure (Dub)

Vibro contest entry. Song uses 7 Vibro Synths and all patches apart from the Electronic Piano (used as a modulator for a BV512) are made by me.

You can download the Reason 7.1 file here...

...if you want to hear it in better quality than soundcloud or are just curious.
The patch names may not exactly be descriptive of the sounds because I tweaked them in the mix.
All other devices are Reason stock devices apart from one Vibro uses a Neutron and Phonetic FX RE, also made by LoveOne. If you haven't got them it won't make that much difference.

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

23 Jul 2016

Zac wrote:

Pure (Dub)

Vibro contest entry. Song uses 7 Vibro Synths and all patches apart from the Electronic Piano (used as a modulator for a BV512) are made by me.

You can download the Reason 7.1 file here...

...if you want to hear it in better quality than soundcloud or are just curious.
The patch names may not exactly be descriptive of the sounds because I tweaked them in the mix.
All other devices are Reason stock devices apart from one Vibro uses a Neutron and Phonetic FX RE, also made by LoveOne. If you haven't got them it won't make that much difference.
Fantastic work man!

Khalid

23 Jul 2016

Noted a cosmetic bug. When adding Vibro to a Combinator in Reason 7, the left side label is obscured by the rack ears

synclab

24 Jul 2016

hamzter wrote:
Using the effect section of any built-in Reason synth is fine. (I've edited the original post.)

What we're looking for is examples that highlight creative use of Vibro (in combination with effects and utilities). We're less interested in songs that, for example, use Vibro as a low-volume background pad underneath sounds made by other synths, or use it as a special effect once in a song. I'm sure Vibro can be useful for such things too, but that's not really in the spirit of this competition challenge.

Best regards,
Gustav
what I thought thanks for the update. you've built quite an interesting machine (love the built in help system :D ). I've never trialed anything made by u so I did download all of your re's will try to use them all. thanks

• Information