Reason download fails.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
NLAlston

10 Jul 2016

Hello,

My name is Nathan, and I am new to this forum.

Just today, I purchased the upgrade from Reason 6.5 to Reason 9, but have been experiencing a HUGE problem in downloading it. Thus far, I have attempted four downloads, and each of them - after an extensive period of time - resulted in 'Failed' notices.

After a little bit of research, I have read where some others suggested using a Torrent utility, by which to effectuate a more fluid, and successful downloading. I have downloaded Uttorent, but have NO idea as to how to go about putting it into action for what I need.

I would deeply appreciate help from anyone who might have a workable solution for me.

Advanced thanks,

Nathan

zumBeispiel

11 Jul 2016

Hallo,

You could download the Reason 9 file without the Soundbanks and then leave Reason download them by itself.
It is only 200 MB.

Read here:

https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason9/

Hope it helps.

Gulale

11 Jul 2016

If you are on mac for every download you do use download shuttle. This problem might not be from PH may be your ISP.
Gulale aka Bereket

freddykr

11 Jul 2016

Since you have installed utorrent.

Just use this link and it should start downloading with utorrent:
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/d ... ittorrent/

NLAlston

11 Jul 2016

Thanks to each of you who responded. I really appreciate it.

Earlier today, I heard back from Propellerhead (James Lean), who also directed me to the download site that Zum had, also, linked me to. It was a familiar area, but just that I hadn't looked further down (before) to have seen a download link for just the program (sans soundbanks). I downloaded that software, on top of the very recently reinstalled Trial version. Then, when I clicked on the 'Authorize' button, I saw that authorization/licensing did INDEED take place.

So now I am sitting, in very good order, with this awesome upgrade, and readying myself to having a WHOLE LOTTA FUN :).

Again, my thankfulness is huge.

God Bless,
Nathan

Gaja

12 Jul 2016

Just fyi the trial version is in fact the full version witthout authorization.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Khalid

12 Jul 2016

+1 for the torrent method. No need to worry about download interruptions, lost connections.. and it was incredibly fast. Thanks to everyone who has been seeding (i am also seeding when I can)

NLAlston

12 Jul 2016

Gaja wrote:Just fyi the trial version is in fact the full version witthout authorization.
Yes, I had known that the Trial version was fully featured, for thirty days of use. But I wasn't altogether certain that the same could be used for licensing. But I am in stroke, now, with it. Just have to find some tutorials on using Neptune (failed, miserably, at attempts on generating vocal harmonies), as well as the Pitch Editing function (which did worse on a vocal track, than the actual recording).

It HAS to be something that I, myself, came up short on :).

Blessings,
Nathan

brother_philip

15 Dec 2017

Just incase other people have this issue... I found a fix

http://cdn.propellerheads.se/Reason8/Re ... dbanks.zip

Copy that address into (GULP) Internet explorer... then.. the download will start.. and then freeze at 1%.... once it says download interrupted,, click resume.. and it will download all the way...

P.S,, i made an account just to post this haha

• Information