RE Blackout Purchasing

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Resonator

23 Jan 2015

I'm a guitar player as well as a synth junky. So it's always tempting to spend a lot of money on REs. But I'm cautious and only purchase what I really need at the time. I only have around 20 REs including the freebies. I only bought 2 synths and haven't bought any amps or other effects I'd use for guitar. I have enough effects pedals and external processors to take care of my needs. If I recorded more guitar driven music, I'd splurge for the simplicity of having it all in the box. As for synths, I'm getting far more value with my iPad. Even the most expensive iOS synths are still cheaper than the cheapest RE synth, and are better quality. So I can't see myself buying any for a long time. But I'm always checking the shop every day like a kid at a candy store.

MirEko

23 Jan 2015

I think I'm at about 90 RE's so far.. Gulp
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

MirEko

23 Jan 2015

mcatalao wrote: I'm on the 40'ish, but price-wise it doesn't compare to hardware...
I'm trying to calm down and get ready for a Softube sale with the tubetechs...

Ah, and talking about G.A.S. ....
This will be my next crazy non-reason musica purchase:

Those things are awesome, I bought a cheap version of that and absolutely love the thing, what is that one worth? Adding it to my GAS list

MirEko

23 Jan 2015

I'm not buying any more RE until I see some sample loading in the SDK. I think the future RE's are going to overshadow most of what's in the shop..

But I just remembered then I still haven't bought Skope and I really want that thing..

All my funds are going back towards hardware now, just preordered the electribe sampler and some of the new namm gear looks tasty.. Esp those Waldorf eurorack modules, might finally start building a euro system.. Emi + euro modules would be great fun me thinks

mcatalao
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2015

mcatalao wrote: I'm on the 40'ish, but price-wise it doesn't compare to hardware...
I'm trying to calm down and get ready for a Softube sale with the tubetechs...

Ah, and talking about G.A.S. ....
This will be my next crazy non-reason musica purchase:

MirEko wrote: Those things are awesome, I bought a cheap version of that and absolutely love the thing, what is that one worth? Adding it to my GAS list
600 Eur, i think. But the keyboard is AMAZING, so fluid to play and silent, and the reeds are so responsive!

I have a Hohner crappy one. It sounds nice, but its not quite the same.

BTW, my most recent purchases where 2 bansuris (Indian Bamboo flutes) in F and C, direct from India.

• Information