Post a pic of your studio!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Seckin

16 Jun 2016

Seckin wrote:
aburazaru wrote:Awesome studios up in hurr! This is where I get my work done. My bubble, my safety circle, my fortress of soli... damnit, it's covered in dog fur!

Not pictured: Closet converted to vocal/small instrument recording area. By no means a booth, but the best I could do with my limited space.
I could just simply sit in that room for hours, quietly. Awesome!
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

Seckin

16 Jun 2016

Seckin wrote:
Seckin wrote:
aburazaru wrote:Awesome studios up in hurr! This is where I get my work done. My bubble, my safety circle, my fortress of soli... damnit, it's covered in dog fur!

Not pictured: Closet converted to vocal/small instrument recording area. By no means a booth, but the best I could do with my limited space.
I could just simply sit in that room for hours, quietly. Awesome!
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

Seckin

16 Jun 2016

Seckin wrote:
Seckin wrote:
Seckin wrote:

I could just simply sit in that room for hours, admiring. Awesome!

DJDark2010

19 Jun 2016

I have to remove some dust ;)
Attachments
Studio2016.JPG
Studio2016.JPG (3.22 MiB) Viewed 3473 times

tibah

19 Jun 2016

Hey! What's up there with the blurry part? Boobies? ;)

orthodox
RE Developer

19 Jun 2016

DJDark2010 wrote:I have to remove some dust ;)
What is that board on the right and why did you pixelate it :question:

DJDark2010

19 Jun 2016

tibah wrote:Hey! What's up there with the blurry part? Boobies? ;)
There are some notes ... not for everyone ... (I knowed that you would ask ...) :cool:

jonheal

19 Jun 2016

DJDark2010 wrote:There are some notes ... not for everyone ... (I knowed that you would ask ...) :cool:
Notes:
  • Milk
  • Corn flakes
  • Diet Pepsi
  • Whole wheat bread
  • Jack cheese
  • Three more 50 gallon drums of muriatic acid
  • More surgical tubing
  • More death metal CDs - more variety
  • Work on improving sound proofing in basement
  • Make Uber sticker for car window
  • Get meat slicer repaired
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Troyvasanth

26 Jun 2016

Here's my humble studio :)
Studio.jpg
Studio.jpg (243.18 KiB) Viewed 3406 times

swamptooth

04 Jul 2016

My little corner
Attachments
20160530_183721.jpg
20160530_183721.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3379 times
IMG_20160224_223035.jpg
IMG_20160224_223035.jpg (516.22 KiB) Viewed 3379 times
20160612_204935.jpg
20160612_204935.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 3379 times

samardac

14 Jul 2016

This is my little studio :)

tc13

16 Jul 2016

My little corner for fooling around....
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 3293 times

JDFS

19 Jul 2016

satyr32 wrote:If I am not in the bed with a laptop which I am 80% of all time when making music I am at this place.
WAUW! What's the desk??? I want and need one!

satyr32

19 Jul 2016

JDFS wrote:
satyr32 wrote:If I am not in the bed with a laptop which I am 80% of all time when making music I am at this place.
WAUW! What's the desk??? I want and need one!
It is from Germany. http://www.wavenature.de/index.asp?site=Furniture
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

19 Jul 2016

joeyluck wrote:
LABONERECORDINGS wrote: Here's our setup...

What's that there on the far right monitor?
Mackie d8b software - the desk has it's own dedicated PC and plugins, so totally independent from our main DAW system. Will up a new pic since we've had some serious upgrades as of late compared to these images

Aasmund1986

19 Jul 2016

My booth. One of my biggest fan, to the left :)
Reason 10 Intro
Parsec, Europa, Antidote, Predator, PX7, 4MER, eXpanse, SynthMaster One, ReSpire

dagwood

27 Jul 2016

EnochLight wrote:Here's mine so far - just started a remodel about a year ago:

This is absolutely stunning; LOVE!!!! Where did you get the foam panels? I was looking at Auralex but they're super expensive.

XOXOX

jappe

28 Jul 2016

Every once in a while, a musician needs to divert from the main path and make a journey to cleanse the mind and seek the inner musician.
So, today my studio is at the sea, travelling to beautiful Poland for inspiration, meditation and music creation.

Jagwah

28 Jul 2016

Did anyone else notice the abundance of gear but a lack of cables? I spent a day getting all my cables off the floor and out of sight (suspended behind desk panels). The original intention was to stop dust build up, but it has the added benefit of looking very sleek and tidy ;)

aburazaru wrote:Image

jappe

30 Jul 2016

Jagwah wrote:Did anyone else notice the abundance of gear but a lack of cables? I spent a day getting all my cables off the floor and out of sight (suspended behind desk panels). The original intention was to stop dust build up, but it has the added benefit of looking very sleek and tidy ;)

I really would need to do that too, though it's convenient to know exactly where all the dust in the room end up. The amount of dust around my floor cables not too long after cleaning... Fascinating :question:
It's like my tumble dryer... I can make a pair of gloves from the shit in the filter after a couple runs☺

aburazaru

30 Jul 2016

Jagwah wrote:Did anyone else notice the abundance of gear but a lack of cables? I spent a day getting all my cables off the floor and out of sight (suspended behind desk panels). The original intention was to stop dust build up, but it has the added benefit of looking very sleek and tidy ;)

aburazaru wrote:"Studio Image"
When I built the desk, initial setup was about 20 minutes of positioning everything, then three and a half hours of cleaning up cable slack, hiding it and fastening it to the bottom of the desk with a bazillion P-clamps, LOL. I had always wanted to clean it up, and finally built the desk I wanted but I still needed that mess under the right speaker for extra plugs (computer repair dude to friends/family too). Cables drive me crazy, LOL!

P-clamps are cable management's best friends, y'all!

Also, another reason I needed to get those cables out of the way is for vacuuming 4+ times per week to keep up with these guys....

Outdated pic, but you get the idea...
Last edited by aburazaru on 30 Jul 2016, edited 1 time in total.
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

aburazaru

30 Jul 2016

jappe wrote:Every once in a while, a musician needs to divert from the main path and make a journey to cleanse the mind and seek the inner musician.
So, today my studio is at the sea, travelling to beautiful Poland for inspiration, meditation and music creation.

I love producing on the go! New locations get my creative mind FIRED UP!

How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

jappe

30 Jul 2016

aburazaru wrote:
jappe wrote:Every once in a while, a musician needs to divert from the main path and make a journey to cleanse the mind and seek the inner musician.
Absolutely :puf_bigsmile:
Is that from a boat or house by the sea?

Jeff Lynne inspired me, he wrote the ELO record Out Of The Blue in some cabin in the swiss alps.

aburazaru

30 Jul 2016

jappe wrote:
aburazaru wrote:
Absolutely :puf_bigsmile:
Is that from a boat or house by the sea?

Jeff Lynne inspired me, he wrote the ELO record Out Of The Blue in some cabin in the swiss alps.
My wife and I were on a cruise, out at sea with no internet was AWESOME! (I know they had it available, but I needed the disconnect and will recommend it to ANYONE (just for a few days at a time))

Jagwah

30 Jul 2016

aburazaru wrote:P-clamps are cable management's best friends, y'all!
I used 3M hooks that stick on to a surface which in my case was the back of my desk panels, they can hold the weight so all the power boards and everything are suspended and out of sight, with no dust build up. It was well worth the effort!

You take great pictures btw :)

• Information