FEATURE REQUEST: File Upload of Reason Projects

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Namahs Amrak

08 Sep 2015

As this is the largest Reason forum in the world (how about that hey!), can you guys consider allowing reason files to be hosted on the site for referencing in threads ? Of course this could be a nightmare on your bandwidth charges if people are uploading projects with audio, but for device & FX content only, perhaps you could limit the file sizes to manage it cost effectively.

Maybe offer it as a premium feature for paid members if hosting fees are going to be a problem ?
My Words are my ART

Kenni
Site Admin

09 Sep 2015

This idea is already roaming between us admins, we just need to discuss a proper platform for it.

As of now, hosting is not a problem.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Lizard

09 Sep 2015

Not sure if this helps in any way but I have run a site for years at http://www.combinatorhq.com which is a file repository for all things Reason. I've tried to make it everything BUT a forum if this can be of any use. Of course..... it is NOT Reason Talk and would require another registration however since conception of this forum I have made a direct link on the page to hopefully attract users. I can modify my existing system to meet the needs of the people. Categories/devices/projects/etc. Just offering.....

Kenni
Site Admin

09 Sep 2015

Lizard wrote:Not sure if this helps in any way but I have run a site for years at http://www.combinatorhq.com which is a file repository for all things Reason. I've tried to make it everything BUT a forum if this can be of any use. Of course..... it is NOT Reason Talk and would require another registration however since conception of this forum I have made a direct link on the page to hopefully attract users. I can modify my existing system to meet the needs of the people. Categories/devices/projects/etc. Just offering.....
Hey, that's a fantastic service!

I'm going to browse around and see the functionality of it up close. Did you build everything yourself from ground up, or is it based on a CMS, like Drupal? I'm of course thinking along the lines of a 1:1 integration.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Lizard

09 Sep 2015

Combinator HQ is a Joomla site that allows for the addition of several modules. I can't say that it was built from ground up as we started with a template we liked and then heavily modified it. The download section has a lot of options and a really neat back end to it in the administrations panel. The module code was heavily modified to include more appealing visuals.

The first was a PHP/phpBB site that ran a forum and all but was built off an old version and became susceptible to malcontents. This time around we went for something that could be upgraded more easily and better security. And as we realized there were much better forum sites out there we opted not to include that... like this one. ;)

Loque

04 Jun 2016

Due to this forum is Reason related, all it's filetype could be allowed as attachments. What do you guys think?
Reason12, Win10

orthodox
RE Developer

05 Jun 2016

Compressing song and patch files typically reduces them to 5-10% of their original size unless they contain audio. Is it a problem to zip them before attaching?

Kenni
Site Admin

07 Jun 2016

There's a lot of considerations on our side when allowing for this.

First of all, the whole reason project upload mechanism has been defined as a project we actually want to create from scratch (think the old ReasonStation type of functionality). However, storage doesn't come cheap. Well, it's the cheapest kind of hosting parameter in the server world, but since this is a privately funded website, we're not aiming for expensive hosting costs. Allowing for all file types to be uploaded and no fixed upload size limitation, we will run out of storage space, fast.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

AttenuationHz

28 Jul 2016

While that's being discussed my 2c is collaboration corner!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information