How about deleting certain post instead of locking them?

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Goriila Texas

02 Jun 2016

The sample quieter thread was starting to get interesting and I was just about to post something only to find out it was locked. Why keep killing thread after thread?? So much knowledge in these threads going down the drain.

joeyluck

02 Jun 2016

I have some catching up to do.

But in general, I think the thought is that trying to delete comments if something is so off track can be difficult and it removes context, and then you usually end up with people still responding to the trolling or whatever it is as they still want to make their point etc. Even when you try to remove the problem, there's still remnants.

You're right though. Sometimes it's best not to. I have not read the thread yet, but did see the reports. But without even seeing it I believe the other mods have done what they feel is best. There's only a handful of us and sometimes we have to act fast to keep things from getting too out of hand. Users' whose threads get hijacked are still free to create a new thread on the topic and you can still reference the other thread as it's not deleted. When it's my own thread that's hijacked, I for one like to scrap it, wait a beat, and then start fresh.

Moving this to the ReasonTalk suggestions forum. Thanks for the voicing an opinion on the matter. Everybody is still learning how to keep this place productive and happy.

selig
RE Developer

02 Jun 2016

Goriila Texas wrote:The sample quieter thread was starting to get interesting and I was just about to post something only to find out it was locked. Why keep killing thread after thread?? So much knowledge in these threads going down the drain.
Nothing was deleted. Nothing stopping anyone from starting a new thread and continuing the conversation in a more positive way.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information