Upcoming Rack Extensions - May 2015 Edition

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rcbuse
RE Developer

02 May 2015

mrj1nx wrote:I just trialed ABL2 and realised something. Neither ABL2 or 3 (from the looks of it) supports pitch bend. DOH! :s0959:  I myself is one of those that plays pretty much constantly with the pitch stick, and not being able to shape the phrasing freely is a pretty strong dealbreaker for me. I guess I'll try to emulate the sound in thor instead.. I get the whole "emulation of the original" thing though, but why not add such an obvious improvement? (heres a vid of me playing with the pitch bend btw: 
You could always throw ABL into a combinator and map the combinators pitch bend to ABLs Tuning parameter.

softska

02 May 2015

rcbuse wrote:Propulsion for sequencing beats.  Perfect partner to Kong.

4 Channel Skope M4.  Displays work when folded as well.

This looks amazing. Can't wait!

joeyluck

02 May 2015

mrj1nx wrote:I just trialed ABL2 and realised something. Neither ABL2 or 3 (from the looks of it) supports pitch bend. DOH! :s0959:  I myself is one of those that plays pretty much constantly with the pitch stick, and not being able to shape the phrasing freely is a pretty strong dealbreaker for me. I guess I'll try to emulate the sound in thor instead.. I get the whole "emulation of the original" thing though, but why not add such an obvious improvement?
The slide feature works best for staying true to that 303 sound.

Not sure what you would be "emulating" by creating something with pitch bend though...?
And good luck emulating a 303 better than the ABL3 ;P

Not trying to sound rude, but maybe it's not a 303 you are after?

joeyluck

02 May 2015

mrj1nx wrote:I just trialed ABL2 and realised something. Neither ABL2 or 3 (from the looks of it) supports pitch bend. DOH! :s0959:  I myself is one of those that plays pretty much constantly with the pitch stick, and not being able to shape the phrasing freely is a pretty strong dealbreaker for me. I guess I'll try to emulate the sound in thor instead.. I get the whole "emulation of the original" thing though, but why not add such an obvious improvement? (heres a vid of me playing with the pitch bend btw: 
rcbuse wrote:
You could always throw ABL into a combinator and map the combinators pitch bend to ABLs Tuning parameter.
A good solution if you feel the need to have a pitch bend wheel assigned  :thumbup:

buddard
RE Developer

02 May 2015

That looks awesome!!

Olivier

02 May 2015

*picks up jaw* ... another must have i'm afraid. Wow ! When ? :P

Can pattern changes be quantized to tempo ?
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Shokstar

02 May 2015

rcbuse wrote:
right click on the pitch rotary and assign the pitchwheel to the pitch. done. it works the same like in the combinator but it´s in ways faster. don´t forget at the end to delete remote controle for the pitch after using it.  

joeyluck

02 May 2015

rcbuse wrote:
Shokstar wrote:
right click on the pitch rotary and assign the pitchwheel to the pitch. done. it works the same like in the combinator but it´s in ways faster. don´t forget at the end to delete remote controle for the pitch after using it.  
True.  But inside a combinator you can assign the max semitones for bending the pitch up and down. For instance +2/-2 or even different from one another such as +2/-7

freeQlow

02 May 2015

Anyway to format this so I can share in a facebook group with all the images?

I am in the Facebook Group Heavyweight Bass run by Klaus Heavy Weight Hill and love sharing Reason within the group.

I am Pat McCrotch on facebook, artist page Freq Boutique.

Thanks in advance!

freeQlow

02 May 2015

SO READY FOR THE 303 <3

I will take it over loops, stabs and 1 shots most days! LOVE the GUI

challism

02 May 2015

YAY!  It's back!!  Thanks for putting this together, Noel.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mrj1nx

03 May 2015

Awesome! Will try that out, I should have known there was a way! :)

Lizard

03 May 2015

Under Development and still in Alpha..... but hopefully not much longer before moving to beta.

Attachments
threep_3May15.png
threep_3May15.png (294.25 KiB) Viewed 2930 times

Ocean of Waves

04 May 2015

Looking good

pjeudy

04 May 2015

Lizard wrote:Under Development and still in Alpha..... but hopefully not much longer before moving to beta.

Is this with the new SDK 2.2 2D ? Your really good at Photoshop !  :D

I love the look of this, was thinking about a synth that looks like Purely a Rack Mounted device a few days ago.! Looks great...Can't wait to hear it ! when does the BETA starts?
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

MirEko

04 May 2015

Off FB
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (7.15 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

pjeudy

04 May 2015

Mir Eko mind if I post a larger image:

P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Lizard

04 May 2015

pjeudy wrote:

Is this with the new SDK 2.2 2D ? Your really good at Photoshop !  :D

I love the look of this, was thinking about a synth that looks like Purely a Rack Mounted device a few days ago.! Looks great...Can't wait to hear it ! when does the BETA starts?
This is not made with the new SDK.  This is created using the current SDK and its existing asset library.  The panel images was created by me using an image editor.

Thanks for the kind words.  This is an IDT based Re as since it is it will sample based.  But as planned it will have 8 banks of 16 (128 instruments) multi-sampled from the original unit.  I've tried to add as much (if not more) functionality into this to exceed the abilities of the original.  Among the instruments will be pure saw, square, pulse and noise waveforms so users can create in combinators.

I really haven't put any plans together for the beta period at this moment.  I am still in alpha stage here but things are going good.  There is (even with IDT) a ton of shit to learn about.  Easier than learning C++.  Yeah... probably.  Still isn't easy stuff.  ;)   If I do go open beta I will ask here at Reason Talk for sure.  Patch makers would more likely be my target.  :)

For those not familiar with the original... here ya go....

pjeudy

04 May 2015

thanks for the info Lizard..was just pulling your chain :-) about the SDK :-)
can you re upload the Original image ..it's not Loading!

Lizard

04 May 2015

pjeudy wrote:thanks for the info Lizard..was just pulling your chain :-) about the SDK :-)
can you re upload the Original image ..it's not Loading!
Sure!  I linked it offsite.  As a website owner I should know better.  I've uploaded it to the thread.  Cheers.

pjeudy

04 May 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWraNnXRcrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCGGaodMRlk

Sounds really good ! Now I'm looking forward to it even more !!

Lizard

04 May 2015

It's funny you post that last video. I got those patches from the developer. I actual contacted him to say I wouldn't mind sampling them and give him props... Logo credit etc. But he took exception to that with some "I'd never let let anyone sample my stuff for a million dollars!.....blah blah...." And that's ok. Its a two osc 4 waveform synth with a single filter. How unique can his patches be. ;) . It gave me to motivation needed to get a programmer and allowed me to dramatically increase the sample sets.

Aquila

04 May 2015

I have a recently restored JX3P sitting in my studio. It'll be interesting to to an A/B comparison with the RE once it's released :)

Faastwalker

04 May 2015

I'm stoked about the new Quadelectra 808 / 909. I hope they do a bundle with all 4 of their sample based drum RE's. I'd like to have all 4 just for the convenience of having access to those sounds in the rack as sweet looking RE's. These will sit perfectly with AudioRealism's upcoming ABL3 303 emulation (which is friggin AWESOME BTW) & Lizard's JX3P. It's retro city in the Reason rack & I love it ;)

pjeudy

04 May 2015

Lizard wrote:It's funny you post that last video. I got those patches from the developer. I actual contacted him to say I wouldn't mind sampling them and give him props... Logo credit etc. But he took exception to that with some "I'd never let let anyone sample my stuff for a million dollars!.....blah blah...." And that's ok. Its a two osc 4 waveform synth with a single filter. How unique can his patches be. ;) . It gave me to motivation needed to get a programmer and allowed me to dramatically increase the sample sets.
That's a shame...!but hey seems like Aquila has one !Maybe he has some patches etc... :-)

• Information