No one has maxed out Reasons capabilities yet

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BonsaiMacKay

15 May 2016

fieldframe wrote:The OP is definitely correct. Reason has, if I've done the maths correctly, a theoretical maximum Music Greatness Points throughput of 2380, and from the Music Greatness benchmark tests I've seen, even the best songs (by some famous artists that are known Reason users) top out at around 1750-1800. That's a headroom of at least 500-600 Music Greatness Points waiting to be discovered by some industrious users.

So Reason definitely has not been maxed out yet.
Hahahaha! I knew it was gonna pay to drop by today! Thanks, you've made my day!

Neko the Jaguar

15 May 2016

PhutureD wrote: . at the end of the day , no one who is listening to your music actually cares
how it is being made.
Exactly.
Its the man behind the machine, not the machine in front of the man.

guitfnky

15 May 2016

pjeudy wrote:
guitfnky wrote: I've said it before, and it bears repeating...
guitfnky wrote: STFU already.
You're actually correct, you have said that twice now. :clap:
TWO BANS AND YOU ARE GONE FOR GOOD!!!

- Remain respectful of other users, moderators and administrators at all times.

- You are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team).

- For example, phrases such as "shut up, noob, idiot," are indicative of problematic posts and should be reported. Suggested alternatives include "I disagree with what you said for the following reasons..." Please remember to stay mature and thoughtful at all times.
To be fair, it wasn't directed at anyone either of those times. I've never called anyone here names, nor would I. It was tongue-in-cheek. Yes, I'd love for those who spend their time here complaining to give it a rest, but I don't think ill of anyone.

;)
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

avasopht
Competition Winner

15 May 2016

zakalwe wrote:I already have.

like many who've escaped cult abuse, it's natural to try and help the others. :thumbs_up:
But you're helping nobody. Not everyone needs to see and feel about things as you do.

Many of us are happy to use other DAWs when needed. There is no cult, some people really don't need those extra features for their music. That's not too say they couldn't benefit, but it's not stopping them at all.

zakalwe

15 May 2016

avasopht wrote:

like many who've escaped cult abuse, it's natural to try and help the others. :thumbs_up:
But you're helping nobody. Not everyone needs to see and feel about things as you do.

Many of us are happy to use other DAWs when needed. There is no cult, some people really don't need those extra features for their music. That's not too say they couldn't benefit, but it's not stopping them at all.
well i've said my piece and i will await the actual release with my popcorn gifs.

i'm a firm believer that you get the DAW you deserve.

Dave909

15 May 2016

Dude, with that avatar we cant officially take you serious, lol

zakalwe wrote:
avasopht wrote:

well i've said my piece and i will await the actual release with my popcorn gifs.

i'm a firm believer that you get the DAW you deserve.

Goriila Texas

16 May 2016

PH is the most unorganized and lazy company I've ever did business with. The shop is a freaking mess,trying find anything is like looking in some bottomless pit. The search function doesn't find all RE's in any specific category,last year around christmas I was looking for a filter,used the search method some came up but not all. As I continued down further in the rabbit hole which is PH shop I found more filter RE's. As a multi DAW user it's hard for me to keep up with the new toys in the shop,it would be nice if it was easier to navigate and keep up with what RE's you've already scrolled through.

I started with 2.5 upgraded every time to v4 and stayed there till 7.1 and it looks like I'll staying here till v15 waiting on Reason to catch up or impress me with something new.

Back on topic to the OP really?? :mrgreen:

Revise

16 May 2016

Another "multi DAW" user hanging out here for any news.. where does one find the time?

cosignsessions

16 May 2016

Reason Rewire is the program's saving grace. It's the fiber optic line to the real world. Reason, for me, is an isolated island where I can experiment effortlessly. But like every castaway a song wants to get back to the mainland and become social. Rewire to the rescue!

zakalwe

16 May 2016

Dave909 wrote:Dude, with that avatar we cant officially take you serious, lol
if heino made a DAW, he could remove a feature every year and still be the best selling DAW maker of all time.

zakalwe

16 May 2016

cosignsessions wrote:Reason Rewire is the program's saving grace. It's the fiber optic line to the real world. Reason, for me, is an isolated island where I can experiment effortlessly. But like every castaway a song wants to get back to the mainland and become social. Rewire to the rescue!
yeah i love rewire. that's the only way reason is 'fun' for me any more. i can pootle about in the rack and not get annoyed by any of the other stuff.

ZombieFightsShark

16 May 2016

GRIFTY wrote:Nobody maxed out the possibilities of banging cave rocks together either
Speak for yourself.

Karim
Competition Winner

16 May 2016

Just one of a long list of essentials need ... PDL! (Plugin Delay Compenstation) so I can start to use let's say " SCREAM" or "Audiomatic" n parallel without phase issues
what forces me to use other Dawa to make optimal mixing and without phase problems (which I would love to do in Reason),
missing so little so ....
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Karim
Competition Winner

16 May 2016

Let' s try to install a plugin (VST or au that is) in an 'other daw without encountering trouble incompatibility / 64-bit, etc. etc.

unorganized? Lazy ? You're taking about THE NOTHING ...
Goriila Texas wrote:PH is the most unorganized and lazy company I've ever did business with. The shop is a freaking mess,trying find anything is like looking in some bottomless pit. The search function doesn't find all RE's in any specific category,last year around christmas I was looking for a filter,used the search method some came up but not all. As I continued down further in the rabbit hole which is PH shop I found more filter RE's. As a multi DAW user it's hard for me to keep up with the new toys in the shop,it would be nice if it was easier to navigate and keep up with what RE's you've already scrolled through.

I started with 2.5 upgraded every time to v4 and stayed there till 7.1 and it looks like I'll staying here till v15 waiting on Reason to catch up or impress me with something new.

Back on topic to the OP really?? :mrgreen:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Ostermilk

16 May 2016

I've defeated all of Reason 8's end of level guardians with 3 lives left and 60% power and 38% health left. Dismantling the Rack without getting electrocuted was the biggest challenge (hint pick up the rubber soled shoes from level 2 even if you don't need them until level 9).

I hope Reason 9 brings about some more intelligent puzzles and action scenes.

So yeah, while some people are still stuck on v7 I've certainly maxed out 8.

Yonatan

17 May 2016

A Reason computer game...surviving the racks...fixing the mix...sailing the sequencer...you get goldcoins and stardust to buy and build your own REs...
Unicorns and dolphins also...

mcatalao
Competition Winner

17 May 2016

Pretty simple example of something Reason does not have, and i really need / find useful /Its pretty standard on every other daw:

Automatic Punch in

As much as a feature is simple, and you don't think you need it, there will be another person with different needs than yourself. So there it is, a function that it doesn't even relate to maxing out possibilities or capabilities. Its just not there, and I need it.

plaamook

17 May 2016

Dave909 wrote:Dude, with that avatar we cant officially take you serious, lol...
If you understand the significance of Zakalwe... Yeah, try n take him seriously. Not many people have had their heads cut off and lived to tell the tale.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Dave909

17 May 2016

zakalwe wrote:
Dave909 wrote:Dude, with that avatar we cant officially take you serious, lol
if heino made a DAW, he could remove a feature every year and still be the best selling DAW maker of all time.
Lol! I'm sure he would be :D

Dave909

17 May 2016

plaamook wrote:
Dave909 wrote:Dude, with that avatar we cant officially take you serious, lol...
If you understand the significance of Zakalwe... Yeah, try n take him seriously. Not many people have had their heads cut off and lived to tell the tale.
I better do then! Lol

tibah

17 May 2016

And no one ever will max out Reason's capabilities.

People are just different. Some dude playing guitar, that records himself, adds sacoustic drums and bass MAY use a synth here and there. Does this mean he will dive deep into synthesis, let alone CV? Probably not.

There is stuff you simply don't need or want. I hardly use Neptune, besides I want to have a giggle with my mates over some chipmunk vocals on some weird electronics we made. Some devices don't speak to me. After all these years of making music, I kinda know what I like, want and need. The rest is open for experimentation for a new gizmo or technique I discovered. I never use block mode. I hardly "really" use CV within the scope that would be possible, which is hard in itself with somewhat infinite routing options. I never use the Combinator in a way that would use any kind of more advanced patch programming that could be done with it. The list goes on.

This doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion about things within the realm that I use Reason to be different or better, just because I don't use other features properly.

What I like to say though - for me, PH is "different" in a good way. They seem to have a vision and that's what I like about them. At the end of the day, Reason is their vision, not ours. We're attached to Reason in a fuzzy way, no matter the haters or the fanboys. We all adore it, because we know what it can do for us. There is a certain connection that PH created that no one on this forum can deny. I guess, we all just have different approaches to talk about it. ;)

chk071

17 May 2016

Revise wrote:Show me one person who has done absolutely everything they could with Reason and actually needs new features..
Also, there are countless tools to use in addition to Reason to complete any audio task, big or small. All this complaining strikes me as bored people who aren't inspired and never actually finish any music.. What happened to creativity and making use out of what one has? Many masters of music have done much more with much less..
But what if i'd like to have feature XY, which other hosts have, and i hardly can do without? Or the dozens of features, which simply improve workflow, and work speed? It's really too simple to say that just because someone hasn't "maxed out" the capabilities of Reason (noone ever will anyway), there's not the one of the other feature, which would be great to have in it, or in any other DAW. And not only that, it misses the point of feature requests.
:reason: :rebirth:

gak

17 May 2016

Well, the OP is correct at least where I'm concerned. I haven't maxed out anything.

But something I think is maxed out? Whining about reason :lol:

The_G

17 May 2016

People need to chill.

Reason is a powerful and unique but in some ways limited DAW. It makes some things super easy, which are more difficult with other DAWs, and it makes other things kind of difficult, which are super easy with other DAWs. But the bottom line, 100% most important thing is whether Reason enables you to make the music you want to make.

If you feel inspired by its strengths, then be happy in your choice of DAW. If you feel constrained by its limitations, go use something else.

But to everyone who is trying to impose their opinions on other users: STFU and STFD.
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

cosignsessions

17 May 2016

The_G wrote:But the bottom line, 100% most important thing is whether Reason enables you to make the music you want to make.

:thumbs_up:

• Information